Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,140 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Pearls Of Swine - Feather's Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pearls Of Swine - Feather's Stories (179 Views)

Pearls Of Swine - Feather's Stories / Pearls Of Swine - Feather's Stories / Pearls On Swine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pearls Of Swine - Feather's Stories by Samuelcyprial(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2022
PEARLS OF SWINE

EPISODE 1

He checked the teller, flipping pages continuesly as many thoughts crossed his mind.

He was holding a managerial post and also in charge of giving monthly account to the accountant.

He was a marketing manager in a big film.
He has been holding in for too long and acting all Christ like as he was supposed to do but almost all his mates are driving cars, many have built their own house. Many of them take their families on a vacations abroad.
Why should his own case be different? Nobody notice all his sacrifice, all his hard work and all his good deeds.
Nobody notices any of that or even gives him a promotion like he deserves.

Every of his good deeds goes unnoticed.
He depends on his salary.
Although the pay was fair but never enough for him and his family.
For how long will he continue that way.

Kunle just bought a car last month. A brand new car.
It surprises him greatly because kunle is also a marketing manager in another branch of the same company just like him.
They collect the same amount of monthly salary and the little allowance that comes once in a while.
So how was kunle able to buy a car with his pay or does he have other personal business that he’s not aware of?
He doubt greatly because kunle spend extravagantly.
He will always tell him anytime they meet.

“Mayowa chop life…enjoy to the fullest because life doesn’t have a duplicate”

He has asked him twice
” With the way you spend more on drinks and food, how will you be able to cope if your salary finishes up..?

“Who’s depending on salary…?
He retorted while filling his mouth with roasted chicken.
…how much is my salary that I will depend on? Is not even up to what I spend in two weeks…let me say in a week I spend almost all my salary. the salary is nothing jare….

Mayowa was quiet, he thought of other ways that kunle maybe making money.

He asked him one day.

“What other work do you do aside this one kunle?

” This is the only work I do. Anytime you are ready mayowa I will show you the way… If you continue to depend on salary you will just die as a poor church rat.

Mayowa was curious as he never gets to meet kunle again.

The next news he heard was that kunle has bought a brand new car.

It just dawn on him that kunle maybe be doing some underground dirty Job.

As much as he doesn’t want to know, another part of him was eager to know.

Kunle will be willing to tell him everything because he will want somebody on same lane as him.

Mayowa picked up his phone and called Kunle.
After their normal exchange of pleasantries he opened up to him the reason why he called.
Kunle laughed out loud, mayowa told him that it wasn’t a laughing matter, he was serious and really wants to know the secret behind his lavishing lifestyle.

Kunle asked mayowa to meet him the following day at the usual expensive spot where he goes to hang out.

They sat opposite each other with their drinks the next day.
Kunle explained to mayowa the secret to his lavish lifestyle and why he doesn’t depends on his salary.
Mayowa knew kunle was doing something unrightful to get money but he never knew is far more than unrightful is all shed of trouble.

“What if I get caught in the process…

He asked an unbothered kunle who explained to him that he can’t get caught.

“All you need to do is to work smart…

Kunle gave simple explanation on how he does it, just for mayowa to follow suit.

Mayowa went home that day feeling down.
Even when his wife asked him what was the problem he refused to say.
Instead he dismissed her questions with having a stressful day.
He either have to follow kunle and be stealing the company fund or he sticks to his monthly pay which was nothing to get by.

CLICK ON BELOW LINK TO READ COMPLETE STORY

https://feathersstories.com.ng/feathers-stories/pearls-on-swine/

(1) (Reply)

Rescue / Fighting The Gods - Feather's Stories / Free Book In Exchange For Honest Reviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.