Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help (924 Views)

Hi Nairalanders, Please Advice Me.i Want To Defer My Program For Programming. / Hello Nairalanders Please Review My React Restaurant Website... / Hello Nairalanders, Please Help Me Find Bugs In This Ebook/chat App. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
Good day Nairalanders,

I am not new to Nairaland, I have to come to you all with this account.
I got a free enrollment to do a software engineering course and I have been doing wonderfully well. For the past one month I've been using my phone to code and do my tasks. Yesterday I got an email that I made it to the next level.

Now here are the problems, the course is advancing and I sincerely need a laptop. Someone has offered me his pc but I didn't accept it because I am aware he got it through internet fraud. I have preached against it and will continue to prove to him that hard-work pays, if I should accept this pc then I have defeated that purpose.

Sir/ma, if you have a spare laptop (even if it is spoilt) please I need it to advance in my course. I don't want money because I might use it to solve another problem please.
I live in Port Harcourt.
Screenshot below is the email I got.
Thanks and God bless.

My email: marvietech@yahoo.com

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by KrazyDave16(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2022
If i were you and you really serious about the program (it's ALX if anyone is wondering, dunno what's so sensitive about it), you'd go back to your friend and take him up on his offer, unless there are caveats.

If you don't see the help you need and still wanna use your phone, get a Bluetooth keyboard to save your thumbs.

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
KrazyDave16:
If i were you and you really serious about the program (it's ALX if anyone is wondering, dunno what's so sensitive about it), you'd go back to your friend and take him up on his offer, unless there are caveats.

If you don't see the help you need and still wanna use your phone, get a Bluetooth keyboard to save your thumbs.

I would appreciate it sir if you would gift me a Bluetooth keyboard. Thanks very much
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by airsaylongcome: 4:15pm On Sep 27, 2022
Technomics:

I would appreciate it sir if you would gift me a Bluetooth keyboard. Thanks very much

Like seriously you cannot afford a Bluetooth keyboard? Get a second hand one from computer village. I don't expect them to exceed ₦5k. That's if you are really serious about learning. I understand your moral ground for not accepting the offered laptop. But remember that Abraham in the Bible intentionally lied that Sarah was his sister and not his wife. David committed murder.

Wisdom is profitable to direct
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
Someone offered you a laptop and you didn't accept seriously. No one will give you a spare laptop here. Scrap laptops are even sold for 150k now. Nigeria isnt like before where you can see 50k laptops. If your conscience is pricking you accept the laptop on loan and work up a repayment plan with the person. You would need a laptop and not just any laptop a sufficiently good one at that as a lot of programs are very memory intensive

5 Likes

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Someone offered you a laptop and you didn't accept seriously. No one will give you a spare laptop here. Scrap laptops are even sold for 150k now. Nigeria isnt like before where you can see 50k laptops.

I would appreciate it if you could just stop commenting if there's no help you can render, thank you very much
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
Technomics:

I would appreciate it if you could just stop commenting if there's no help you can render, thank you very much

Go and collect the laptop and work up a plan of repayment if your conscience is pricking you badly.

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Maclink288: 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
Technomics:
Good day Nairalanders,

I got a free enrollment to do a software engineering course and I have been doing wonderfully well. For the past one month I've been using my phone to code and do my tasks. Yesterday I got an email that I made it to the next level.

Now here are the problems, the course is advancing and I sincerely need a laptop. Someone has offered me his pc but I didn't accept it because I am aware he got it through internet fraud. I have preached against it and will continue to prove to him that hard-work pays, if I should accept this pc then I have defeated that purpose.

Sir/ma, if you have a spare laptop (even if it is spoilt) please I need it to advance in my course. I don't want money because I might use it to solve another problem please.
I live in Port Harcourt.
Thanks and God bless.

My brother, collect that laptop oh and maybe pay back bit by bit.
I wish you well.
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Karleb(m): 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2022
Go and collect the laptop!

If God can use criminals to spread gospel why do you think you can't use a laptop gotten through fraud to make money?

You sef think am. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
Maclink288:

My brother, collect that laptop oh and maybe pay back bit by bit.
I wish you well.
Karleb:
Go and collect the laptop!

If God can use criminals to spread gospel why do you think you can't use a laptop gotten through fraud to make money?

You sef think am. cheesy

At least You both spoke with understanding, I really appreciate you for your contribution and how polite you presented it, but you need to understand that there's more to that laptop which I don't want to talk about on internet.
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Blesser28(m): 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Someone offered you a laptop and you didn't accept seriously. No one will give you a spare laptop here. Scrap laptops are even sold for 150k now. Nigeria isnt like before where you can see 50k laptops. If your conscience is pricking you accept the laptop on loan and work up a repayment plan with the person. You would need a laptop and not just any laptop a sufficiently good one at that as a lot of programs are very memory intensive

God sent a helper but he didn't want to have anything to do with a gentile DAMN
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
You're just very foolishh n useless

2 Likes

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
You're just very foolishh n useless

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
It baffles me that I created a thread for people who 'have' but people who do not 'have' seem to flood the thread. God will provide for all of us so that we could stop thinking like this.
Thanks for your insults

2 Likes

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Qinglong(m): 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2022
I understand your sentiments, but where do you think you're going to find a laptop for free. Not just for anything, but for programming. People are begging everywhere on social media everyday. ALX's curriculum is even fullstack and you're going to need a lot of programs if you want to scale through. Nobody will give you in this place unless they are your relatives. Some options:

1. Follow those tech influencers on Twitter religiously. They do post openings for free laptops every now and then. This Agbá Akin guy gave out free laptops some months ago. Low-end laptops tho.

2. Go on Nigeria's tech space on Twitter and pose as a female if you have to. If you don't want to pose, try and get a female friend that can help you. There are several programs that offer females free laptops to get into tech. I just saw one last week, but it has expired. Don't remember the name. I don't know why they don't do this for guys, who are every bit as desperate as the ladies.

3. Check out those online vendors that allow you to buy laptops on the condition of repaying after a couple of months.

It's unfortunate, but nobody will give you something like this for free. I guess it's technically not impossible, but it's very unlikely.
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 6:36am On Sep 28, 2022
Qinglong:
I understand your sentiments, but where do you think you're going to find a laptop for free. Not just for anything, but for programming. People are begging everywhere on social media everyday. ALX's curriculum is even fullstack and you're going to need a lot of programs if you want to scale through. Nobody will give you in this place unless they are your relatives. Some options:

1. Follow those tech influencers on Twitter religiously. They do post openings for free laptops every now and then. This Agbá Akin guy gave out free laptops some months ago. Low-end laptops tho.

2. Go on Nigeria's tech space on Twitter and pose as a female if you have to. If you don't want to pose, try and get a female friend that can help you. There are several programs that offer females free laptops to get into tech. I just saw one last week, but it has expired. Don't remember the name. I don't know why they don't do this for guys, who are every bit as desperate as the ladies.

3. Check out those online vendors that allow you to buy laptops on the condition of repaying after a couple of months.

It's unfortunate, but nobody will give you something like this for free. I guess it's technically not impossible, but it's very unlikely.

Thank you sir, I've got an offer

1 Like

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Techstar: 6:44am On Sep 28, 2022
Technomics:
Good day Nairalanders,

I live in Port Harcourt.
Thanks and God bless.

Go to twitter, follow laptops4developers. They give free laptops and training too every now and them. How I wish I had a spare one, I would have given to you. But I have a Word for you, He will restore to you the years the cankerworm and locust has eaten. My brother, it is better you use your phone and obey the Word of God than to fall for the temptation. The devil told Jesus to change stone to bread so He could eat as He was hungry after 40days, Jesus refused. He said man must not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of God. My brother, don't listen to those twisting Bible verses to glorify the flesh, that is just an evidence of how low the Church in Nigeria has fallen in unrighteousness. I will search around for a laptop for you. Please, use your phone in peace till God sends your phone. Don't heed to the counsel of unrighteousness.

2 Likes

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2022
Techstar:

Go to twitter, follow laptops4developers. They give free laptops and training too every now and them. How I wish I had a spare one, I would have given to you. But I have a Word for you, He will restore to you the years the cankerworm and locust has eaten. My brother, it is better you use your phone and obey the Word of God than to fall for the temptation. The devil told Jesus to change stone to bread so He could eat as He was hungry after 40days, Jesus refused. He said man must not live by bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of God. My brother, don't listen to those twisting Bible verses to glorify the flesh, that is just an evidence of how low the Church in Nigeria has fallen in unrighteousness. I will search around for a laptop for you. Please, use your phone in peace till God sends your phone. Don't heed to the counsel of unrighteousness.

Thank you very much sir.

2 Likes

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by 3exe3: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This guy want use us catch Cruise
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2022
3exe3:

This guy want use us catch Cruise

I wasn't expecting poor people like me to comment on the thread

2 Likes

Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Qinglong(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2022
Technomics:

Thank you sir, I've got an offer
Congrats and good luck.
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by 3exe3: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2022
Technomics:

I wasn't expecting poor people like me to comment on the thread

Ouch...I wasn't the one begging for laptops either
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Unclesamo(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Go and collect the laptop and work up a plan of repayment if your conscience is pricking you badly.

This is a salient point.
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Technomics:
Good day Nairalanders,

I live in Port Harcourt.
Thanks and God bless.

Stick to your principles. Principles are based on a person's values. Values are the fundamental beliefs that guide our actions. I can contribute my 2kobo towards your development.
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Technomics: 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
Studymore123:

Stick to your principles. Principles are based on a person's values. Values are the fundamental beliefs that guide our actions. I can contribute my 2kobo towards your development.

Thank you very much sir
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by niel63(m): 6:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
Technomics:

Thanks

This man!!! grin

E remain tastyfried..... cheesy
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by niel63(m): 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Op.... my first laptop was given to me by someone similar to whom you just mentioned. Lol, over 8 laptops have come and gone since then... you know what?

What I learned with that laptop is invaluable till date.

Stay there make pant wear you.

Like this now sef, if I see that kind person wey go give me 2022 macbook pro m2. I no go think am 2 times. You dey form holy.
Mr Money. Ololademi asake! grin cheesy grin
Re: My Sincere Request To Nairalanders, Please Help by Maxxim: 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
niel63:
Op.... my first laptop was given to me by someone similar to whom you just mentioned. Lol, over 8 laptops have come and gone since then... you know what?

What I learned with that laptop is invaluable till date.

Stay there make pant wear you.

Like this now sef, if I see that kind person wey go give me 2022 macbook pro m2. I no go think am 2 times. You dey form holy.
Mr Money. Ololademi asake! grin cheesy grin
He's a jonzing guy grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Hardware Programming? / I Will Like To Teach Few People Programming. / Mcse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.