Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,597 members, 7,958,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:49 AM

Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution (19281 Views)

Nnamchi: Why We Are Pushing For 6-Year Single Tenure, Rotation Of Offices / Prof Osunbor: No Place In Constitution That Says You Must Score 25% In FCT / Lawan: How Gaps In Constitution Fester Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by asanausana91: 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
dyera:

Until Nigeria implement single term of five years, they are not ready for development.
five years will not be enough. I want ten years like south Africa
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by dyera(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
asanausana91:
five years will not be enough. I want ten years like south Africa

Five years is enough. Anyone that is not capable of solving some of Nigeria problem in five years should get out.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Willie2015: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
yinkus6750:
Why can't rotation of power be part of the Constitution?
Inclusion of all geopolitical zones in power will further strengthen the unity of the country.
Enough of Fulani dynasty and emilokan principle.
Single term of five years on a rotational basis would have been fair enough.

Power is never given... it is always taken...
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by asanausana91: 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
dyera:

Five years is enough. Anyone that is not capable of solving some of Nigeria problem in five years should get out.
Oga it is not as you think o. We have 36 states and every state is expecting something. The money Nigeria is making in a year cannot afford us to get a tangible project within 5 years for all the 36 states.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by RealTalkNoBull: 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2022
yinkus6750:
Inclusion of all geopolitical zones in power will further strengthen the unity of the country.

Why dont you Nigerians ever try to use your brains instead of spouting rubbish all the time?
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by IfnobeGod20: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
omoadeleye:
Power rotation doesn't promote leadership competence.
Are you now saying, no region have abundant competent individuals. Mr. Man, there is no region you get to that you will not see in abundant competent and cerebral people that can manage this country, just because they've not given them space, that is why you think power rotation will not promote leadership competence. Even I can say, this system that skewed minority is even brewing incompetence because the minority doesn't have a say when it comes to voting, while the majority always have their way.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Perfectbeing(m): 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
This is utter nonsense!!
Nigeria is not the Avatar universe where the Avatar cycle rotates among the 4 nations.

Why just the geopolitical zones? Why not rotation among the over 250 tribes in Nigeria? Since we're talking about unity and equity.
Let Hausa rule 8 years, Bini rule 8 years, Yoruba rule 8 years, Idoma rule 8 years, Tivs 8 years, Igbo 8 years... till all the 250+ tribes have ruled then the Hausa begins the cycle again.

So you mean an Igbo man should shelf his Presidential ambition because it's not the turn of the SE?
So if an Igbo man contest with his fellow Igbo when it's the SE turn and he lose, he'll have to put his ambition on hold for 48 years before he can try again? That's rubbish na.
Presidential election should be free for all. Let anyone who feels he can win, let him/her contest.

Do you know why 2023 election will be awesome? It will be the first election in the history of Nigeria where 4 contestants will get over a million votes. Ever since it's only two parties that gets over a million votes. This time APC, PDP, Labour and NNPP will get over a million votes. That's how an election should be.

Power should not be given on a platter of gold. Power should be wrestled for.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by guychidile: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by tunjijones(m): 7:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
Kingkamba:
I'M PROUD OF MY SENATOR FOR THE FIRST TIME

Your foolish senator.

Is it not this same useless Abba Moro that killed more than 100 youth nationwide all in the name of scam immigration recruitment some years back?

So the man na senator now. Aswear Nigeria no fit ever beta.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by stanluiz(m): 7:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
omoadeleye:
Power rotation doesn't promote leadership competence.
But it will promote justice, fairness and equality in an ethnic and religious diverse country like Nigeria.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Gopkk(m): 7:57pm On Sep 27, 2022
Chiboy419:
I will say it and still repeat myself

This people in power will not do anything to benefit the poor masses
. True
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by yusufmurry: 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
This kind of bill won't scale through because it's simply the case of the axiom "shooting yourself in the leg"

Many of them will like to live there forever. Now, a governor will serve 8years, then head to senate to die there.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by IfnobeGod20: 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
Perfectbeing:
This is utter nonsense!!
Nigeria is not the Avatar universe where the Avatar cycle rotates among the 4 nations.

Why just the geopolitical zones? Why not rotation among the over 250 tribes in Nigeria? Since we're talking about unity and equity.
Let Hausa rule 8 years, Bini rule 8 years, Yoruba rule 8 years, Idoma rule 8 years, Tivs 8 years, Igbo 8 years... till all the 250+ tribes have ruled then the Hausa begins the cycle again.

So you mean an Igbo man should shelf his Presidential ambition because it's not the turn of the SE?
So if an Igbo man contest with his fellow Igbo when it's the SE turn and he lose, he'll have to put his ambition on hold for 48 years before he can try again? That's rubbish na.
Presidential election should be free for all. Let anyone who feels he can win, let him/her contest.

Do you know why 2023 election will be awesome? It will be the first election in the history of Nigeria where 4 contestants will get over a million votes. Ever since it's only two parties that gets over a million votes. This time APC, PDP, Labour and NNPP will get over a million votes. That's how an election should be.

Power should not be given on a platter of gold. Power should be wrestled for.
The problem of some of you is that you always think about politics and not the wider aspect scope.
If Chapter 2 Section 14 sub-section 3 of the constitution of Nigeria can specifically talk of composition of Federal government or its agencies should be administer through federal character principle which in turn will promote National Unity and Command National Loyalty. Why do such federal character practice at MDAs levels of appointments but jettisoned when it comes to elective positions.
Even in public and civil service there is a level you get to that your region is considered for you to move to that level. For example, a quota that has been allocated to a region like north west, no matter your performance in the exam and interview, if your quota has been filled up, you won't be promoted. Why are we running away from the reality that can unite us and chasing shadows.

This your submission above is mischievous because in appointive positions such is not considered but only region wise. Appointment is never on ethnic basis but on regional basis. Please what stops such to be practice on elective posts, if not the evil intention of exerting majority factors on the minority.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by anonimi: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
winterfell007:
Things that will unite the country are always vehemently resisted and they’ll be shouting ‘One Nigeria’ what an irony

Please do we use rotation in our national sports teams, whose success stories unite the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by anonimi: 8:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
Chiboy419:

Do the masses continuously provide (dis)incentives for the few from among them who are allowed to be in power temporarily?
How many things have you ever done without incentives

1 Like

Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by khadaffi(m): 8:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
yinkus6750:

Even if it's in the constitution the politicians will not obey it and nothing will happen. Federal character that is in the constitution is not even obeyed and nothing has happened so far. Even the Federal Character Commission itself, the employment there does not follow the rules of federal character and nothing has happened. We are acting as if everything is OK. It was in Buhari's administration that the DSS employed and the list of employment was skewed to favour an ethnic group, yet no one spoke. Please let's rest abeg. The failure to put this zoning in the constitution will soon trigger a bigger problem for Nigeria.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Perfectbeing(m): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

The problem of some of you is that you always think about politics and not the wider aspect scope.
If Chapter 2 Section 14 sub-section 3 of the constitution of Nigeria can specifically talk of composition of Federal government or its agencies should be administer through federal character principle which in turn will promote National Unity and Command National Loyalty. Why do such federal character practice at MDAs levels of appointments but jettisoned when it comes to elective positions.
This your submission is mischievous because in appointive positions such is not considered but only region. Appointment is never on ethnic basis but on regional basis. Please what stops such to be practice on elective posts, if not the evil intention of exerting majority factors on the minority.
Clearly you're the one that's myopic and not looking at the wider scope.

Like I said before.. If I, an Edo guy, contest for presidency when it's the turn of the SS and I lose, you'd expect me to wait for a whooping 48 years before I can try my luck again? I should shelf my ambition for half a century because it's not yet the turn of SS?

Giving someone a one time shot in his life to be president doesn't look like fairness and equity to me.

I'm a fair believer of survival of the fittest. Power should be fought for not given.

Modified: As for federal character in appointments, that's a total different ball game. Positions by appointment are numerous and can accommodate lots of persons. But federal character on the Presidency can accommodate only one person. And if we go by region, that's one person per region in 48 years. That's rubbish to me.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Gunayo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2022
Chiboy419:

They are all useless, selfish and thieves.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by jojothaiv(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2022
Chiboy419:

They have never been friend to the masses, at best they see the common man on the street as pawns that could be moved at ease.

It's sad, we haven't learnt anything from the foolish cycle.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by amliftedhigher: 9:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by prosper510: 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2022
okok...
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Izongdave(m): 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
Thanks it's not the Uhuru! Your caption carried but for more expedient reason, OP you have to be kiafu sha
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by abokimallam: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
In a multi ethnic, multi religious and non united country like Nigeria, rotational presidency will bring the much needed cohesion.
Presently, Nigeria is country like a body fighting against itself, especially the majority ethnic tribe always wanting to have everything ,all the time.
Any person against rotational presidency does not love the country. It will ensure that the fight for the presidency, does not tear the foundation apart.
A small country like Switzerland,the size of like Kwara state, practices rotational presidency.
Without rotational presidency, I can see Nigeria disintegrated in 50 years from now. It does not cost any tribe anything
Let us practice it.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by PeterObi4LP: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:
Good.

That would have given the Nyamuris presidency on a platter.

We don't want that grin

Lol cry cry baby. Either way the Igbos will still be your President through Peter Obi or Okowa. Go and Die you are inconsequential

1 Like

Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by lailo: 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2022
I expect the igbos to be in the forefront of this bill, but NO they won't. Until the soup is done, then they will want to be the one to first benefit.
I could remember when the late Yaradua VP Jonathan was caged by the cabal and the north didn't want to relinquish power to him as acting President. It was the SW that fought PDP to standstill using this same Lagos to force the north to relinquish power to Jonathan. The Igbos stood aloof and when Jonathan got power, the igbos claimed him as theirs and even rename him Azikiwe. Jonathan's government completely relegated SW. History is your friend.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2022
Lol..

I don't expect less from the north

Unity beggers
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by WhizdomXX(m): 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
winterfell007:
Things that will unite the country are always vehemently resisted and they’ll be shouting ‘One Nigeria’ what an irony
Like the truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Benbellamor: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2022
Apexmoh:
All fingers are pointing at Atiku the Wike slayer.
you're sick
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by paramakina202: 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
adeline109:

There's no surprise. But e no go work for una. Make Igbo man enter there first then make I hear where una go dey talk say e don reach time for rotation.

After Igbo man don finish his 8 years from next year then rotation will start.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by Salym(m): 7:04am On Sep 28, 2022
Power rotation would just spoil the little nationalism left in us. Every president elected will only appoint and work with his people. The next will do same and the next. There won't be even development and sharing of resources. It is better for us to strengthen our electoral processes and for regions to form alliances where possible. Power rotation will only see politicians who are looking for power.
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by KullestKid101(m): 8:16am On Sep 28, 2022
Racoon:
Ensure equity, justice and eligantarism una say no. These are the kind of situation that fuel unrest and separatist agitations.

And foster insecurity and terrorism
Re: Senate Steps Down Bill To Include Rotation Of Power In Constitution by 7arrows: 8:39am On Sep 28, 2022
yinkus6750:

Very correct. Cause from the look at things anyone who wins goes in for 8 years. I dont know how they do it but no matter how bad the GOVERNANCE is they still win another 4 years. Maybe its rigging or hoeing or cutlassing. I no no o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti: No Speaker Was Impeached - Details / President Buhari Returns To Abuja After U.S. Trip / Akwa Ibom New Speaker Appoints New Aides - Pic Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.