Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,367 members, 7,861,013 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man - Dating And Meet-up Zone (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man (3870 Views)

REPOST: Woman In America Looking For Nice Nigerian Man / Husband Wanted! Criteria- God Fearing Us Or Uk Citizen / A Ghanian Girl In Need Of A Nigerian Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by luvtbaby(f): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2011
I guess I am looking for advice on how well the 2 cultures will bond. It isn't easy to put 2 people in the same house from 2 different worlds and expect them to merge. Bottom line, I know the guy loves me and I want to know the pros and cons of a western lady marrying a Nigerian man. I have read and watched the media coverage as well as read the blogs. I know the problems you all face with the us embassy and I know some of the feelings aimed at going outside of the box to marry. I have read all of that, but what I want is real, raw, uncut feelings. Not the obvious yahoo and GREEN Card responses. Let's just say he isn't so much interested in coming over here to the states right now, but just for us to be together.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Repubocrat(m): 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
Still waiting on OP to elaborate on how the media portrayed Nigerian men positively.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by luvtbaby(f): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2011
I think you misunderstood me. I didn't say the media portrays Nigerian men in a positive way. Most of it is negative.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Repubocrat(m): 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2011
luvtbaby:

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't say the media portrays Nigerian men in a positive way. Most of it is negative.

Good. Now, the world makes perfect sense again. Carry on.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by ronkebp(f): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ Poster, Day11 has told you exactly what some nigerian men want, (sexy woman and a good cook), and you will be fine, culture does not really matter, Nigerians are very understanding, but make sure he is what he claims to be and not already married with 2 or 3 kids else where.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by DAY12(m): 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2011
ronkebp:

@ Poster, Day11 has told you exactly what some nigerian men want, (sexy woman and a good cook), and you will be fine, culture does not really matter, Nigerians are very understanding, but make sure he is what he claims to be and not already married with 2 or 3 kids else where.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by luvtbaby(f): 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2011
Now why would you agree with him of all people? Do you know him?
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by ronkebp(f): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2011
^^^^Naaaa!!! i do not, but he has said it the way it is, fact'
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

To whoever said Nigerian men are in high demand.

What so special about Nigerian men? What makes them different from other African men? undecided
if u dont have a thing for we naija men then why are using a nigerian name? grin grin
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2011
lefulefu:

if u dont have a thing for we naija men then why are using a nigerian name? grin grin

I don't have a thing for anyone EXCEPT the person I am married to. I will carry WHATEVER NAME I choose to carry.

Go tend to your wolves.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by luvtbaby(f): 2:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
They killed my thread with midget talk.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Princek12(m): 3:07pm On Aug 20, 2011
luvtbaby:

They killed my thread with midget talk.

Sorry to hear that they killed your thread. And the fact that they killed your thread says something about Nigerians: we are very humorous. Please, unlike any other blog sites you may have visited, where the commentaries would most likely be indicative of the true opinions of the posters, Nairaland is unique in that its commentaries are mainly from Nigerians who are very humorous and would make a joke out of anything. As a result, take most of the feedback you receive here with a grain of salt.

Overall, Nigerian men are very responsible and generally take care of their family and children. As long as you guys love each other, and you have made sure that his love for you is genuine and not motivated by malicious or other "personal interest" reasons, then go for it.

Your earlier postings have shown that you are concerned about the expectations of merging Nigerian and American culture, and I will address that. I have lots of Nigerian homeboys who married American women, and the marriages that worked out are those in which the wife learned how to cook Nigerian food. If you really want your marriage to work out, please go and learn how to cook Nigerian food, at least the basics. Tell him to send you to a 3-month boot camp, weekends only, in the house of a certified mama put (a lady whose expertise is Nigerian food). Practice, Practice, practice. Cooking Nigerian food is not rocket science and can be perfected once you have the desire to learn how to cook it.

At least learn how to cook the basics: regular stew (with or without assorted meat), pepper soup, egusi soup, jollof rice, fried rice, moin moin, fried plantain, pounded yam, eba, etc. A word, they say, is enough for the wise.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Princek12(m): 3:23pm On Aug 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

To whoever said Nigerian men are in high demand. 

What so special about Nigerian men?  What makes them different from other African men?   undecided

You must live under a rock if you do not know that Nigerian men are the most sought after African men. Your feminism will not even allow you to give acknowledgment when due. When you begin to deny obvious facts, you make yourself look silly. true talk.

Go and ask all the African girls who chase down Nigerian men what makes Nigerian men different from other African men.

What is also special about Nigerian music? Why does Nigeria have the largest music industry in Africa? What makes Nigerian music different from music from  other African countries?

If you are not smart enough to recognize the difference between Nigerian men and other African men, then you need to kneel down and ask God to give you common sense.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2011
Princek12:

You must live under a rock if you do not know that Nigerian men are the most sought after African men. Your feminism will not even allow you to give acknowledgment when due. When you begin to deny obvious facts, you make yourself look silly. true talk.

Go and ask all the African girls who chase down Nigerian men what makes Nigerian men different from other African men.

What is also special about Nigerian music? Why does Nigeria have the largest music industry in Africa? What makes Nigerian music different from music from  other African countries?

If you are not smart enough to recognize the difference between Nigerian men and other African men, then you need to kneel down and ask God to give you common sense.

Your dickheadnism won't allow you to STFU and know this is MY OPINION. You do not have to agree with it. Nigerian men STILL are no different than OTHER AFRICAN MEN.

LMAO@most sought after. grin grin grin grin grin grin Rejection is a mofo.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Princek12(m): 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Your dickheadnism won't allow you to STFU and know this is MY OPINION. You do not have to agree with it. Nigerian men STILL are no different than OTHER AFRICAN MEN.

LMAO@most sought after. grin grin grin grin grin grin Rejection is a mofo.

that is my point. opinion based on feminist emotions. hater.

dumb biatch. you say Nigerian men are no different from other African men. what about culture? what about accent? and the like.

you are dumb and don't know it.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 4:47pm On Aug 20, 2011
Princek12:

dumb biatch. you say Nigerian men are no different from other African men. what about culture? what about accent? and the like.

And you are a dumb ho arse nigger biatch for responding.  We can do this shit all day and my comments still remain. Can't do shit about it! grin grin grin grin

You dey mad  grin grin grin grin grin

Still LMAO@most sought after  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by luvtbaby(f): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2011
This is really funny!
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by MrsChima(f): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2011
It is hilarious! grin grin
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Princek12(m): 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

And you are a dumb ho arse nigger biatch for responding.  We can do this poo all day and my comments still remain.  Can't do poo about it!  grin grin grin grin

You dey mad  grin grin grin grin grin

Still LMAO@most sought after  grin grin grin grin grin grin

lesbo, butch biatch. I don't even know why you are with a man. You need to go find some bleep to lick, since you hate men so much. Every little thing you are so quick to bash men.

hater. you are mad cos we are being sought after, and there is nothing you can do about that. God bless the lady who is falling in love with another Naija brother.

You spew hate and negativity on just about every thread you are involved. go and lick some bleep.

You reason with your flat yansh. I will show you pepper on this thread. .
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by DAY12(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2011
*** Just walking by*** angry angry angry angry
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by EuroMeko(m): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2011
Princek12:

And that is the worst disservice nature can do to a living organism. Very unfortunate.

Thumbs up.
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by princemajj: 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
All dis scam pple sha.well if u are real den send me an email princemajj2003@yahoo.com
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by DAY12(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2011
princemajj:

All dis scam pple sha.well if u are real den send me an email princemajj2003@yahoo.com

I just sent a VIRUS to your email, enjoy d rest of dis shining Sundaygrin
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by Nda740: 1:55pm On Jan 26, 2013
Kindly connect with that girl in need of nigeria man through my e-mail
Re: U.s. Citizen Interested In A Nigerian Man by rexpriestly: 11:31am On Oct 11, 2013
Just holla me @ +234-8135605019 and I'll give you the info.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Feel Like Granting Some Wishes Today,guys Only / Who's Up For A Chat / I Need A Rich Guy Dat Has Been To Europe Before.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.