Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) (463 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Daura, Katsina Ahead Of Elections (Photos) / Battle Ready Soldiers Cause Apprehension In Rivers Ahead Of Elections. Photos / Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
Brazilians don't joke about their election, why? Because their votes always count and nobody or region is disenfranchised, everyone must vote and you would be fined if you don't vote, for next month's elections 156m people are registered to vote out of a population of over 200m, this is so encouraging and Africa countries should make their electoral system transparent and credible, that way you can vote in the right person.

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2022/09/156-milion-voters-what-i-find.html?m=1

Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 27, 2022
Now look at Nigeria with a population of over 200m people.

Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by EmeraldJD: 7:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
Voting should be made compulsory and people who don't vote should be fined. That's the only way to make our democracy work.
Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by Ahmed0336(m): 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
EmeraldJD:
Voting should be made compulsory and people who don't vote should be fined. That's the only way to make our democracy work.

In a Democratic or military setting?

Abeg o
Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by tempest01(m): 7:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
EmeraldJD:

With the we2gether poll showing that half of Nigerians with everything going on in the country will still vote for the old order due to personal gains, religious and tribal sentiments, I say there is actually no need to make voting compulsory. About Half of the voters no matter the number will vote sidewards.

It is left for those with conviction to turn out enmass and for elections to be made free, fair and devoid of undue influence.
Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by Charleys: 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
Have you even seen India's election?
Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by Blue3k(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
EmeraldJD:

You want every idiot to vote brilliant idea.
Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by EngrKemp: 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
Nigeria population is not upto 200. Million .

We are not truthful in this country..

If the UK population at independence is larger than Nigeria in 1960 and now Nigeria is over 200m while UK is just about 66m, how did it happen?
By landmass, Chad and Niger is bigger than Nigeria and practice same religion, culture and traditions with northern Nigeria yet the population in Chad and Niger are still smaller compared to Nigeria so what exactly happened to Nigeria population figures?
Even the inec figure is flawed because alot registered more than once,some under aged..
Look , we are not serious in this country because serious and good people v allowed crooks and criminals to run the affairs of this country for too long.

What do u expect to change when the worse of humans runs run government at all levels ?
Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ahmed0336:

In a Democratic or military setting?

Abeg o

Brazil is a democratic country but you must vote or pay a fine.
Re: 156 Milion Voters: What I Find Fascinating About Brazilian Elections(photos) by grandstar(m): 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
EngrKemp:
Nigeria population is not upto 200. Million .

We are not truthful in this country..

If the UK population at independence is larger than Nigeria in 1960 and now Nigeria is over 200m while UK is just about 66m, how did it happen?
By landmass, Chad and Niger is bigger than Nigeria and practice same religion, culture and traditions with northern Nigeria yet the population in Chad and Niger are still smaller compared to Nigeria so what exactly happened to Nigeria population figures?
Even the inec figure is flawed because alot registered more than once,some under aged..
Look , we are not serious in this country because serious and good people v allowed crooks and criminals to run the affairs of this country for too long.

What do u expect to change when the worse of humans runs run government at all levels ?

Nigeria's population doubles every 20-22 years. The UK would have suffered reduced population if not for massive immigration from the EU and from other parts of the world.

White Britons today account for less than 50% of londoners for example. In London, you may have no clue what race your neighbor is. That's what I experience in Ealing, London. Many neighborhoods are multiracial

(1) (Reply)

Oyetola's Counsel Rattled At The Tribunal, Scramble For Responses Over Governor' / More Than 600 People Died In Nigeria Due To The Flood / President Buhari Presents Excellence Awards In Public Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.