Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend (37383 Views)

Maradona: Pele, Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi And Kanu and Others Lead Tributes / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi / 4 Reasons Why Teslim Balogun Will Always Be A Nigerian Legend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Trill1(m): 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2022
HolyMan12:

Car battery nko?

I wan start. The theif car battery... Things are hard grin

No sir. Abeg no thief o grin
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by charlesditro: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
The exit of one Obi is the admition of another Obi. grin
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by judedwriter(m): 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
FireUpNow:

National team coaches doesn't know how to use him. A defensive midfielder given the role of a number 10

Very versatile player. Played both roles well.
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by ufuosman(m): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
Congrats skippo
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Yankee101: 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Small small pickin
Go and read about Rashidi Yekini and Amokachi how they went broke after playing internationally
Buddha3:

No.
He gave you his money to hold for him.
Nigerians can never mind their business!

Oponu!
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Yankee101: 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Small small pickin
Go and read about Rashidi Yekini and Amokachi how they went broke after playing internationally

babajero:
Financial adviser, how much you don save and invest?
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by babajero(m): 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yankee101:
Small small pickin

We are on the same page here, how much have you saved and what are your investments?
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by joshmee4real(m): 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
I won't Forget Nigeria vs Spain at the Confederations Cup.
Mikel Obi was Classical in that Midfield Position where he played against the likes of Xavi and Iniesta
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by fx45(m): 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
African players with fake age.... His supposed mate like Ronaldo and Mercy are still playing
What about Fabregas and Pedro?
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by fijiano202(m): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2022
This is one of the Nigerian players I don't rate at all.. He's one man that made no real impact in football...

Happy retirement sha
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by fijiano202(m): 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2022
Yankee101:
Small small pickin

yekini didn't go broke ooo.. He just had some mental illness
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by einsteine(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2022
The funny thing is that his name was never Mikel but Micheal. At Finland u17 in 2003, that's when the wrong name was used and it stuck.
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by einsteine(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
fx45:
What about Fabregas and Pedro?

fabregas is still playing. He was even with Monaco up till last season. And yes, their births are registered so the opportunity to lie does not exist. Pedro is still playing at Lazio, a top Serie A club.
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by KingDash: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ronaldo get one goal this season I hope you know
ipobarethieves:
cool. Messi still dey struggle. @PSG.I read the Billygoat nor gree sign another contract grin grin.Yeye undecided
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by fx45(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
einsteine:

fabregas is still playing. He was even with Monaco up till last season. And yes, their births are registered so the opportunity to lie does not exist. Pedro is still playing at Lazio, a top Serie A club.
Fabregas is playing for Como in the Italian Seria C. He is one of the Shareholders of that club

Mikel Obi happens to be one of the few Nigerian footballers that played with their real age... Give or take he added 2 years max

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Anakazo22: 4:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sirheny007:
Mikel Obi 35 years?
Akụkọ. grin

See what Modric is doing at 35?
See what Cr7 is doing at near 37?
What about Messi whom he played against at the youth level?

Taa, Obi, you're almost 42years.
Next time follow children de drag age. When old age reach your bone marrow, you go know.

Them nor de telli person.
Enjoy your retirement Sha.
Great player.

Instead of you to congratulate him or keep quiet you are here comparing him with other players, you sound very silly and foolish

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Ujm1: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Too late
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by victorazy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Naija boy making us proud

Geogie boy you mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Emmanuelellah: 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
I will name my son Obi. There's special attribute to someone bearing OBI.
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by BeanmanX(m): 5:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
The legendary Mikel...
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Leonbonapart(m): 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sirheny007:
Mikel Obi 35 years?
Akụkọ. grin

Next time follow children de drag age. When old age reach your bone marrow, you go know.

Great player.
mumu... Modric look like like a father figure to Mikel. Odoyo
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Yankee101: 6:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
babajero:
We are on the same page here, how much have you saved and what are your investments?

Definitely not for your consumption
But If you're ever in the US Rust belt area buzz me
Maybe I might show you rather than tell you
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by FireUpNow(m): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
judedwriter:

Very versatile player. Played both roles well.
He is but he faired better as a number 10 in the youth level,he would have been a better #10 if not MOU
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by FireUpNow(m): 6:55pm On Sep 29, 2022
SlayerofSatan:
Modric is actually 37.

Enough of this bullcrap
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by einsteine(m): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
fx45:
Fabregas is playing for Como in the Italian Seria C. He is one of the Shareholders of that club

Mikel Obi happens to be one of the few Nigerian footballers that played with their real age... Give or take he added 2 years max

That's a big lie.

The fact that he has a younger face does not mean he used his real age. He cut no less than 6 years from his age. Ask Psquare who are his age mates.
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Olurondo: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2022
Mikel Obi was not only a good player on the pitch but a very good man outside the pitch.I wish him all the best in his future endeavors!
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by Thebigheart: 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
Sirheny007:
Mikel Obi 35 years?
Akụkọ. grin

Great player.

Can you say the same thing of Jack Wilshere of Arsenal?
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by fx45(m): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
einsteine:
That's a big lie.

The fact that he has a younger face does not mean he used his real age. He cut no less than 6 years from his age. Ask Psquare who are his age mates.
Stop saying what you don't know. I know somebody that played with him at Marist Brothers in 2002. You can do the math yourself. Start by telling us how old you were when you finished Secondary School

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by einsteine(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2022
fx45:
Stop saying what you don't know. I know somebody that played with him at Marist Brothers in 2002. You can do the math yourself. Start by telling us how old you were when you finished Secondary School

I was 13.

You? And Mikel?
Re: Mikel Obi's Retirement: UEFA, Chelsea & Terry Lead Tributes For Nigerian Legend by babajero(m): 12:36am On Sep 30, 2022
Yankee101:

Definitely not for your consumption
But If you're ever in the US Rust belt area buzz me
Maybe I might show you rather than tell you
Ogbeni forget no dey whine yourself, all this una online abroad from Ikorodu.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

De Gea To Become Highest Paid Footballer In English Premier League Histroy / Cristiano Ronaldo Auctions Off Signed Shirt To Raise Funds For La Palma / Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.