Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details (805 Views)

I Have This Annoying Bug In Node Js For The Past 5 Days..help / Bug In Bank App / How To Check Your Account Balance And Make Deposit Using Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by joeten: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
It would be nice if banks ran bug bounties.
And this is just the tiniest mistake out there..

This breach + a bot and user data will literally be mined off their servers

Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by joeten: 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
What y'all think?
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by LogicBomb8: 3:55pm On Sep 28, 2022
Correct me if am wrong but This look like command line. I see bvn number this is alarming
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by airsaylongcome: 3:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
API endpoint don cast! DevOps go hear wheen for this operational leak.

Na to run Postman on the endpoint o! I hope this isn't a Fineract server leaking like water o

Edit:
Looks like a Temenos T24 Core Banking server.

OP, please obfuscate the data more. I can tell that it's an account belonging to Bleep Bleep. Please protect their details
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by joeten: 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Na to run Postman on the endpoint o! I hope this isn't a Fineract server leaking like water o

Edit:

OP, please obfuscate the data more. I can tell that it's an account belonging to Omolara Adeyemi. Phone number fully visible. Please protect their details

Thanks for that. Thought i had it done properly.
Sensitive details better obfuscated now
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by joeten: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
LogicBomb8:
Correct me if am wrong but This look like command line. I see bvn number this is alarming

Sincerely a drop of few errors that i have discovered from most of these banks.
A prominent bank has people cards left hanging for anybody smart enough too mine off.

There is no proper channel to report through without it biting back and definitely such white hat act would be frowned upon than praised
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by LogicBomb8: 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Edit:

OP, please obfuscate the data more. I can tell that it's an account belonging to ____. Phone number fully visible. Please protect their details
kudos your analogy almost gave me some chills. I'm no longer running i want to learn what you know. I wish to know how to go about it
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by LogicBomb8: 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2022
joeten:

Sincerely a drop of few errors that i have discovered from most of these banks.
A prominent bank has people cards left hanging for anybody smart enough too mine off.

There is no proper channel to report through without it biting back and definitely such white hat act would be frowned upon than praised
ther need to be a recognized body of bug hunters or white hat hackers as revealing this to the bank is an evidence to incriminate ya
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by airsaylongcome: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2022
LogicBomb8:
kudos your analogy almost gave me some chills. I'm no longer running i want to learn what you know. I wish to know how to go about it

Please edit out their name from my post you quoted. Kudos on bringing this up. Did you try to reach the bank to inform them about the leak? And please tell me that this from a Microfinance bank and not a major commercial money deposit bank.

1 Like

Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by airsaylongcome: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2022
LogicBomb8:

So I've on and off played with an open source Core Banking solution called Fineract/Mifos. Most of my messing around has been with the Savings modules. Gave me very good idea of how Core Banking software works. It's a bit of a challenge installing it. But with patience and engaging with the Dev mailing list you should be able to have it deployed. I'm presently experimenting with developing a custom frontend to access the software much like a regular bank would do with their Temenos24 servers. It's very interesting seeing how all the supposedly "coded" functionality of Core Banking works.
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by LogicBomb8: 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So I've on and off played with an open source Core Banking solution called Fineract/Mifos. Most of my messing around has been with the Savings modules. Gave me very good idea of how Core Banking software works. It's a bit of a challenge installing it. But with patience and engaging with the Dev mailing list you should be able to have it deployed. I'm presently experimenting with developing a custom frontend to access the software much like a regular bank would do with their Temenos24 servers. It's very interesting seeing how all the supposedly "coded" functionality of Core Banking works.
it must feel like seeing how magic works
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by daHcKR: 6:38am On Sep 29, 2022
Reminds me of some stuff i stepped on
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by NEUDUDE: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Nig banks dont actually care about bugs as long as money no miss first.

Report it and youd be nabbed for ill intentions lol grin. Thread carefully lmao
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by LikeAking: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2022
Stories!
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by daHcKR: 9:19am On Sep 30, 2022
NEUDUDE:
Nig banks dont actually care about bugs as long as money no miss first.

Report it and youd be nabbed for ill intentions lol grin. Thread carefully lmao

No mind them.
There are people's sensitive information being displayed which makes it for identity theft and can be probably chained as far as probably financial transaction performed on user's account
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by theelowalok: 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hello
Can we discuss this?

airsaylongcome:

Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by airsaylongcome: 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
theelowalok:
Hello
Can we discuss this?

Shoot me a mail on dwl9adx4@duck.com
Re: Bug In Bank Application That Spits Out Account Balance And Customer Details by Necrophagia: 1:02pm On Jan 06
Based

I'll try mine own very soon on an ATM machine using an infected card

(1) (Reply)

20 Things You Must Never Do If You Want To Be A Successful Developer / Openai CEO Is Coming To Lagos AI Expert Be Prepared / Hello! Welcome To Website; Www.shoes-trader.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.