Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,424 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? (1039 Views)

Redmi Note 9pro/9s / When Will Xiaomi Redmi Note 9pro Be Available In The Nigerian Market? / Redmi Note 9, Note 9S Or Note 9pro: Don't Buy That Phone Until You Read This.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by SeniorMan715(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2022
That's all my budget can afford, am a high gamer and high Internet user. I haven't used Xiaomi brand before please any suggestion?
I don't want second hand Phone 60k budget
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Ournolly: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2022
No budget phone will play high end game smoothly. Redmi note 9 Pro for example struggles with Call of Duty Mobile.

It's also funny thinking you can get high end or even mid range phone @60k.

60k is well below $100, bro.
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Meister(m): 4:16pm On Sep 28, 2022
In what world do you want to get note 9 pro 60k ?
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2022
Which do you recommend and like how much can afford my taste ?
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by SeniorMan715(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
Meister:
In what world do you want to get note 9 pro 60k ?
Anything wrong?
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by shezy14(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ournolly:
No budget phone will play high end game smoothly. Redmi note 9 Pro for example struggles with Call of Duty Mobil.

It's also funny thinking you can get high end or even mid range phone @60k.

60k is well below $100, bro.
I disagree. Redmi note 9 pro will play it at mid settings absolutely fine
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by shezy14(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Which do you recommend and like how much can afford my taste ?
I got my pixel 3 for 60k 4GB+64GB very clean. I saw the ads on nairaland, It's a very powerful phone.
Xperia xz2, LG g7 old flagships but still powerful and you should be able to get them for that amount or a bit more

1 Like

Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by SeniorMan715(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
shezy14:
I got my pixel 3 for 60k 4GB+64GB very clean. I saw the ads on nairaland, It's a very powerful phone.
Xperia xz2, LG g7 old flagships but still powerful and you should be able to get them for that amount or a bit more
the pixel is cool but the battery isn't strong
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Ournolly: 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
shezy14:
I disagree. Redmi note 9 pro will play it at mid settings absolutely fine
You obviously do not play Battle Loyal in CODM.
Redmi note 9 pro struggles with the latest updates like mad.
Drops frame rate all the time, heats up once you are on the game and the direction virtual button disappears every now and then.
This is not including massive lagging while fighting full squad.
All the above were encountered while in Low Graphics settings.
Changed over to iPhone 13 pro max and the gameplay was very smooth.
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by shezy14(m): 3:17pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ournolly:

Drops frame rate all the time, heats up once you are on the game and the direction virtual button disappears every now and then.
even iPhone 13 pro max lags and heat up. The Snapdragon 720 on the note 9 pro will be fine at 30fps and mid graphics settings
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Ournolly: 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
shezy14:
even iPhone 13 pro max lags and heat up. The Snapdragon 720 on the note 9 pro will be fine at 30fps and mid graphics settings
Not the iPhone 13 pro max I am currently using.
You are trying to say exactly what you do not know, bro.
I used both and the difference is quite clear.
This is not a random Google search, I used both and know damn well that Redmi Note 9 Pro is buggy in today's codm.
Last year or next, maybe. Today? Big no.

I also do not understand what you mean by 30fps. Redmi note 9 will default Battle Royal at about 50fps and start fluctuating to 20, 30, 20+ etc. Becomes unplayable once you start fighting like 4 enemies at the same.
This is not even dragging it, the game is well optimised for iPhones. Only iPads on m1 processors are smoother.
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Meister(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ournolly:

You went from a 100k phone to a 750k phone, were you not expecting an improvement ?
COD seems to be getting more and more graphic intensive with every update

1 Like

Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by shezy14(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ournolly:

Not the iPhone 13 pro max I am currently using.
You are trying to say exactly what you do not know, bro.
I used both and the difference is quite clear.
This is not a random Google search, I used both and know damn well that Redmi Note 9 Pro is buggy in today's codm.
Last year or next, maybe. Today? Big no.

I also do not understand what you mean by 30fps. Redmi note 9 will default Battle Royal at about 50fps and start fluctuating to 20, 30, 20+ etc. Becomes unplayable once you start fighting like 4 enemies at the same.
This is not even dragging it, the game is well optimised for iPhones. Only iPads on m1 processors are smoother.
playing at 30 fps will make the game stable and not get that hot, if it's not hot it won't throttle. Playing games at 60fps upward is great but makes device heat up including the iPhone 13 pro max. I'm not saying the 13 pro max is not very much better, all I'm saying is that playing cod at a fixed fps of 30 will make the game stable for a device like the note 9 pro and Redmi note 9 is different from the note 9 pro, I hope you know that?
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Meister(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
shezy14:
playing at 30 fps will make the game stable and not get that hot, if it's not hot it won't throttle. Playing games at 60fps upward is great but makes device heat up including the iPhone 13 pro max. I'm not saying the 13 pro max is not very much better, all I'm saying is that playing cod at a fixed fps of 30 will make the game stable for a device like the note 9 pro and Redmi note 9 is different from the note 9 pro, I hope you know that?

The major thing you should be asking him is why he's expecting a phone of that price to perform as well as an iphone and he's actually using that as a metric to say iphones are more optimised for COD than androids. I'm using a Xiaomi 11 pro and I play COD at 100 to 120fps steady, which iphone can do that ?
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by qtguru(m): 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
A Poco F3 is prob the cheapest used device you can get that spots a SD 865 device. less than 150k if you are lucky to see a deal, Warzone Mobile will be heavy, unless you play low
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Ournolly: 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
shezy14:

This is me writing from my personal experience.
When I was using Redmi Note 9 pro at any settings the frame rates drops and picks up at a very high fluctuating rate. This will always cause flickering and I struggled most if while uses Snipers. This can be annoying.
You will not notice this much until you have many actions on your screen, like being attacked by full squad, playing battle royal warfare or alcatraz. That's when you will understand that mid-range phone is not made for high-demanding games. It use to be better last year but not again.

I don't know about others but I hardly notice any frame drops or lag, overheating in fast pace gameplay of CODM. The only time I experience an issue while using iPhone was the day I used sim card data instead of router. I notice overheating after some time in the game. Maybe it had to do with network aggression.

Frame rate will hardly be an issue unless the graphics settings is set at high. I prefer low or mid graphics but frame rates is always set at the highest because of the benefits.
I rest my case.
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Ournolly: 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meister:

The major thing you should be asking him is why he's expecting a phone of that price to perform as well as an iphone and he's actually using that as a metric to say iphones are more optimised for COD than androids. I'm using a Xiaomi 11 pro and I play COD at 100 to 120fps steady, which iphone can do that ?

Here we go, comparing the gameplay of iPhone 13 pro max with Mediatek Helio G96 remdi note 11.
Even SD 8 Gen1 can't stand A15.
While A15 is eating graphics-intensive content for meals SD will be boiling like hot water, and Meister the legend is comparing a crappy MediaTek device with arguably the best mobile processor.

If you know anything about high-end gaming you will understand that most of them are optimised for high-end iPhones and minus a monster iPad pro on the monster m1 chipset, no device is near iPhone in terms of game performance. This is including Snapdragon 8 Gen1 aka hotplate.

You Xoimi guys are starting to sound like Tecno/Infinix/Itel toy phone users and this is getting annoying.
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Meister(m): 10:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ournolly:

Here we go, comparing the gameplay of iPhone 13 pro max with Mediatek Helio G96 remdi note 11.
Even SD 8 Gen1 can't stand A15.
While A15 is eating graphics-intensive content for meals SD will be boiling like hot water, and Meister the legend is comparing a crappy MediaTek device with arguably the best mobile processor.

If you know anything about high-end gaming you will understand that most of them are optimised for high-end iPhones and minus a monster iPad pro on the monster m1 chipset, no device is near iPhone in terms of game performance. This is including Snapdragon 8 Gen1 aka hotplate.

You Xoimi guys are starting to sound like Tecno/Infinix/Itel toy phone users and this is getting annoying.

Just continue embarrassing yourself, when did Xiaomi 11 pro become Redmi note 11 pro ?

You can study the screenshots of my game settings and FPS that I reach while gaming, I know for a fact that your 13 pro max cannot exceed 60fps.

You really should actually use androids that are in the same price range as iphones you're comparing them to before spewing trash.

If iphones are so amazing for gaming why do game content creators always use androids for gaming ?

Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by atheistandproud(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meister:

Just continue embarrassing yourself, when did Xiaomi 11 pro become Redmi note 11 pro ?

You can study the screenshots of my game settings and FPS that I reach while gaming, I know for a fact that your 13 pro max cannot exceed 60fps.

You really should actually use androids that are in the same price range as iphones you're comparing them to before spewing trash.

If iphones are so amazing for gaming why do game content creators always use androids for gaming ?

When he said that RN9 pro which I own and use cannot play CoDM, I just switched off.

He doesn't know what he's talking about.
Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Meister(m): 10:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

When he said that RN9 pro which I own and use cannot play CoDM, I just switched off.

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

What's vexing me is not even the note 9 pro not being able to game, it's the fact that he's comparing it to a more than 700k phone, where's the logic in that ?

I've actually used note 9s, 9 pro, 10s and 10 pro and I played COD fairly well on all of them, maybe he wants to do competitive TikTok gaming against guys that are using iPads, Asus ROG and the rest

1 Like

Re: Will Redmi Note 9pro Be A Good Buy ? by Cyril009(m): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Meister:

What's vexing me is not even the note 9 pro not being able to game, it's the fact that he's comparing it to a more than 700k phone, where's the logic in that ?

I've actually used note 9s, 9 pro, 10s and 10 pro and I played COD fairly well on all of them, maybe he wants to do competitive TikTok gaming against guys that are using iPads, Asus ROG and the rest

This guy dey find clout....
Snapdragon 720G (8 nm) cannot play Codm
you go play taya... you will feel d vawulence in the fluidity of the phone

my bro uses a Gionee s10 Helio P25 (16 nm)
low graphics
in his words "e dey sweet,I dey enjoy am"
he mostly play BR

I use a pixel XL Snapdragon 821 (14 nm) I can do I high graphics but d phone heats up and lags so I play medium

(1) (Reply)

Check Out 7 New Features Added To The Latest Whatsapp Update You Never Knew / Mobilephone / Free Gprs Browsing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.