Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

How To Deal In Agric Products From North - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Deal In Agric Products From North (37242 Views)

Top 10 Import Portals To Source Your Quality Products From / Export Products From Nigeria To Turkey & Import Products From Turkey To Nigeria / Full Listing Of Agro-based Export Products From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal In Agric Products From North by one9jeria: 11:57pm On Aug 14, 2011
I will be doing my NYSC by Nov. So want u guys to advise me on how do the business of agric product from northern states to other states like lagos. What will it take me to start it and which state will b good for me to serve and actualise this dream. Any other challenges

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by globexl: 1:06am On Aug 16, 2011
My heart is delighted to see a young person on the right track. Your mind is in the right place. Food business is the best business. Just buy whatever food items u are interested in , transport them to lagos and you can start by selling wholesale to market women in agege, Ogba, Ikeja, oyingbo and other markets in lagos. later on, you may want to clean, weigh and package them for exporter buyers like myself. The sky is your limit. Just be steadfast and dont let anything discourage you.
Wish you the best.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by one9jeria: 8:33am On Aug 16, 2011
I want to thank u Globexl, for ur encouragement. However i want to know some major obstacles i may encounter so that i will get ready 2 face them squarely. Can u suggest northern states that have abundance of specific food item
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by mkmyers45(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2011
Taraba state is the best place for you to source agro-products
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by micosa: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2011
this is a loudable idea, and young nigerians like yourself need to be encouraged. I stay in Portharcourt and would'nt mind partnering with you interms of finance so that we can share the profit at the end of business accordingly. send me mail; giving your name, school of graduation, course of study, and your GSM and i will get back to you. my e-mail is oluwafemirt@gmail.com

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tunapa4dem: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
@globatex, pls what can i buy in north and sell it in lagos. pls i will appreciate if you can drop your contact, or send it to my box at.tunapa4dem@yahoo.com.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Joygiver: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2011
EARN N150,000 On The Spot Per Trip Just Sourcing And Loading Agro- Exportable Product From The Hinterland and Villages to Lagos
EARN N150,000 On The Spot Per Trip by helping the rural farmers to load Agro- Exportable Product From The Hinterland and Villages to Lagos: A lot of our readers have already tap into this opportunity by providing supportive services to Nigeria exporters. If you live in the north or you can travel to the north you can source for agro product for Nigerian exporters, you can earn finders fee You can travel to Jigawa, kano Kaduna, Platuea states, go to their commodity markets and meets any of the sellers of these commodities, tell them that you need a large quantity At list 30 tons which is a trailer load. Your commission is between N5,000 to N20,000 per ton depending on you negotiating power, since you are loading a Trailer which is 30 Tons, multiply your commission by 30, which can be N150,000 to N600,0000 finder fee. It is very important to know the product profile because exporters will always ask you to submit samples and the product specification. They will come to the market to pick the product from the market and pay you the commission because you are adding value to the export value chain and a lot of exporters will be ready to work with you For more details click here: www.21stplacelive.com/earn150k
21st place is an export consulting firm based in Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tunapa4dem: 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2011
i have about 50 bags of onious, i need i buyer for. it will be in Lagos by Friday. you can contact me if you have interest. tunapa4dem@yahoo.com.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by adelegan1: 11:28am On Sep 06, 2011
good business but dangerous, i have great interest too
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tunapa4dem: 8:10pm On Sep 06, 2011
@adelagan, how is the business dangerous.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by page9(m): 12:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
It's understandable. "Whatever you don't know could b dangerous indeed"
Ignorance is extremely dangerous. Even knowledge could also b dangerous if wrongfully applied.
It all depends.
As for me, I don't think d biz is dangerous as long as it is handled by d experts who do it everyday.
I'm based in Mile 12 -d biggest mkt for foodstuff in Nigeria.
I am interested in d business but I cannot do d selling in lagos and still travel to d north to do d buying. Secondly, getting honest people seems almost impossible. That is d major clog I have in my case
But for those who have reliable and honest pple at either selling or buying end can make a success of d biz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tunapa4dem: 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2011
@PAGE, pls can you help me do the selling in mile12. i need more information about onious. how much can i sell a bag of oniuos in mile 12. pls i will expecting your reply. you can mail me or send your contact to me tunapa4dem@yahoo.com or 23408030765346.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by hbrednic: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2011
well you got to look at all the logistics from transportation up till storage.
how best can you learn than attaching yourself to those are already in the biz,goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by adelegan1: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2011
It is dangerous because of the boko haram problem@ tunupa4dem , the best way to sell for maximum profit is to find a mallam in mile 12 to sell for and charge 300 or 200 naira per bag. Im a farmer and i sell my product in the central market and that is what i do .
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by adelegan1: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2011
If you really want to start the trade this is the best time that it will be profitable because we are approaching the dry season and product will become expensive. If you are really ready i can introduce you to my friends that sell in central market.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by exago(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2011
we will get there keep it up
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tunapa4dem: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2011
@adelagan, pls i you talking about the central market in sokoto or lagos. pls can send me your phone number so that will can talk pls.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 08, 2011
MAXIMUM SECURITY GUARANTEED FOR YOUR HOME AND PROPERTIES WITH our ELECTRIC FENCING.

Features:
>Shocks and Raises Instant Alarm.
>Battery back-up ensures round the clock security.
>Controlled remotely using personalized pin numbers.
>12 Months warranty.

I use
this avenue to connect to
prospective clients wanting to protect their Properties with the use Electric Fence. We have successfully INSTALLED and REPAIRED a
large number of ELECTRIC FENCE
within and outside ABUJA, LAGOS, IBADAN, & PORT-HARCOURT.

Contact us for your PURCHASE, INSTALLATION, REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE.

Call
OLA-OYE ELECTRIC FENCE.

OR
olaoyeventures @ gmail . com

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tunapa4dem: 6:28pm On Sep 08, 2011
@adelagan1, pls i need your phone number so that will can discuss better.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by NatGas(m): 6:50pm On Sep 08, 2011
I served in the North-Sokoto. It is a very profitable bizness and it must not be a one way thing.what you need to do is buy from the south and take to the north and buy from the north and take to the south.
Now u might be wondering what is there to buy and take to the north, Palm oil in some season sells like crude oil in the north and many others like melon.I think the problem in the biz is that must of ur goods will be perishable goods so timing should be paramount.

Warning:dont get involve in goods hoarding cos that what most of these traders do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by God2man(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2011
Of course, the challenges are thre as well as the risk, dishonest traders, accidents on the road, timing of the product and so on. i will encourage you to keep this spirt on. While travelling always pray and read psalm 91 for protection,and then don't forget to give to God out of your profit, this is to keep away devourers. I am sure you can get palm oil from Lokoja, Kogi state. I wish you Goodluck. God will see you through. God bless you. God2man.

5 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 08, 2011
Its easy. Borno is the best place to go to start your Agric products business.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tunde300us(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2011
@God2man,where in kogi can u get palmoil cheaply,cos me i neva see anywhere since i have been going there.
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by tplacid: 9:44pm On Sep 08, 2011
I really appreciate the positive spirit we are showing here, it only means we the Nigerian youths are not a waste at all. If the elders has failed us we cannot fail ourselves. God bless the Nigerian youth.

4 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
tplacid:

I really appreciate the positive spirit we are showing here, it only means we the Nigerian youths are not a waste at all. If the elders has failed us we cannot fail ourselves. God bless the Nigerian youth.

I admire your optimism albeit misplaced.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Anvaller: 10:30pm On Sep 08, 2011
Hey man, before you put ur money on that business, try to make a market survey of the product you want to try out. Never generalise products in ur survey. If u make an A-Z survey of tomatoes for example, dont think all conditions will be the same if it was also onions or groundnuts. You must bear it in mind that demand rate of those products will differ in relation with varying factors.

As much as you are determined to g ahead, it is also important to identify all bottlenecks just like someone has tried to listed here: accidents, unneccessary delay BAD TIMING (How do u ensure proper timing in the face of Nigerian factor?) U must answer those questions b4 u go ahead dont just think if u pray, everything will fall in place

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by nagoma(m): 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2011
I am really impressed with this progressive business idea from this person. I all suggest that just now keep export at the back of your mind but start thinking of transporting &  sales of the agro- products in lagos and other southern cities. First of all chose the commodity e.g. beans,onions,dried fresh fish can be sourced at good whole sale prices in markets in or near Gusau in Zamfara States. Smoked fish is best from Baga in Borno State and the transport of live cattle from there is also very profitable.( of course there is the temporary problem of Boko Haram and security - believe me that these are temporary obstacles that occur in History and they do go away with time -don't be deterred by the hype on NL). There are also good whole sale market for onions, pepper and tomatoes along the stretch between Zaria and Kano but tomatoes are particularly perishable and you must be careful. Yams are good and relatively stable. This can be from Nassarawa, Taraba or Benue states and even FCT.And potatoes , carrots and other vegetables from Plateau. If you want transport and sell live animals - goats are extremely cheap in the far North - Borno, Bauchi,Jigawa and Sokoto and in demand in the SE especially in the next few months leading to Xmas.
Don't hire a lorry yourself, share a hired transport with veterans in the trade. Approach the northerners in the trade they are still basically honest and ready to help ( despite how evil they are painted by Nairalanders). At the southern end of the trade you must also befriend the Northern traders to avoid exploitation by fellow southerners. Later on you can be on your own. There are many new agric products preservation techniques coming to market - explore and experiment in small ways. Have you ever thought of abattoir in the North and a frozen semi - fresh beef and mutton at special meat shops in the south and the 2 linked by refrigerated transport? Best wishes and Good Luck to you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by toyemz(f): 10:36pm On Sep 08, 2011
@poster
there are many items that you can buy from the north into the south
but like someone said  do your homework first as:
who your potential buyers will be
how fast you can transport  your products from north to south
how high the desired products are in the south
here's my tip to you

tomatoes

look for a tomatoe farmer buy cheaply from him and your turn over Will be great
on the other hand,if you turn into a tomato farmer, you are  harvesting 3 times a year
all you need is land which  you can rent,labourers which you can hire and irrigation
good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by shawonlese: 11:33pm On Sep 08, 2011
Think hard and well what products to venture in.

If your lorry load of tomatoes is caught up in the Ore traffic for 3 days, you will be sweating tomatoes.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by MrRaw: 12:36am On Sep 09, 2011
Well said, #nagoma
Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by clip: 2:19am On Sep 09, 2011
Agro business will always be a good profitable business as long as people eat food.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal In Agric Products From North by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 09, 2011
What I do is rent a shop buy cheap, lock the product up in my shop and come back home to pay attention to other things then usually within 3 months I return open my shop and sell wholesale in some cases to the very person that sold to me for a higher price, dry pepper and onions make between 50% to 300% profits. Beniseed is around the corner and I will be on my way to Jigawa soon to buy against december. I must say its a rather profitable business only fear is your products getting destroyed by ignorant fighting abokis, it has never happened to me though.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Hosts Birthday Reception For Prince Olisa, Visits Prisons, IDP Camps / Ruin By Online Loan App, Don't Know How To Break Free / Incessant Attacks: Banks To Be Shut From Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.