Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 (693 Views)

Artis Leon Ivey Jr. Is Dead! (Coolio Dies At 59) / Femi Kuti Still Fit And Doing Exercises And Pull-Ups At 59 / Olamide Thanks Jay-z For Teaching Him That Wealth Is The New Gangsta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by taiyesoul(f): 3:29am On Sep 29, 2022
LOS ANGELES (WGHP) — Rapper Coolio died at 59 in Los Angeles on Wednesday, according to TMZ.

The “Gangsta’s Paradise” rapper was visiting one of his friends when he went to the bathroom, his manager Jarez says.

After not coming out of the bathroom for an extended period of time, Jarez says Coolio’s friend called for him multiple times.
When the friend went inside the bathroom, Coolio was found lying on the floor. The friend called emergency officials who pronounced Coolio dead at the scene.

Jarez says paramedics believe the rapper may have suffered a cardiac arrest, but an official cause of death has not been determined at this time.

Coolio, real name Artis Leon Ivey Jr. became famous in Los Angeles in the 1990s.

He had an international hit in 1995 with “Gangsta’s Paradise,” which was released for the Michelle Pfeiffer-led film “Dangerous Minds.”

Source:https://myfox8.com/news/entertainment/gangstas-paradise-rapper-coolio-dies-at-59/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by Ahmed0336(m): 3:35am On Sep 29, 2022
Damn!!!!! That's life.

I love that song gangsta Paradise, rocked it in the early nineties menh!!!!!

J town cry

1 Like

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by akwesenana: 3:39am On Sep 29, 2022
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realise there's none leftembarassed cos I've been blasting and laughing so long that even my mama thinks that my mind is gone...

RIP.

5 Likes

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by spinna: 3:47am On Sep 29, 2022
Im 23 now but will I live to see 24/ the way things is going i don't know - Coolio (Gangster's Paradise)

Rest in Peace bro

4 Likes

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by GOFRONT(m): 4:13am On Sep 29, 2022
"Power and the money, money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour".......Coolio

R I GSP

1 Like

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by SmellyNyash: 4:18am On Sep 29, 2022
shocked
Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by pyyxxaro: 4:24am On Sep 29, 2022
Sleep Well Coolio

You are a good man cool

1 Like

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by chigoziri2403(m): 4:36am On Sep 29, 2022
I hope he's in his paradise
RIP GANGSTER

1 Like

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by Kingozymandias(m): 5:02am On Sep 29, 2022
Journey on bro. Journey on we got this.
Bye O.G
Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:35am On Sep 29, 2022
The gansta paradise, the track really rocks early 90s.

Rest In Peace

1 Like

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by Vulcanheph(m): 5:39am On Sep 29, 2022
Rest in peace sir.

There's this couple on tiktok that use his song "gangster's paradise" in their videos.... He even made an appearance for them.
Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by ThierryJay: 5:42am On Sep 29, 2022
Wow. He's finally gone to Gangsta's paradise - Death ain't anything but a heartbeat away.

Gangsta's paradise was my best rap song of the mid-90s. It was like a rap anthem to me back in secondary school then.

"I see you when you get there" was a regular blast in Nigeria from 1999-thereabout.

His songs were an integral part of the 90s rap culture. And he was quite a good cool-headed rapper. RIP Coolio.

Why are many black rappers dying before 60 years?
Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by samwise180(m): 6:19am On Sep 29, 2022
C U WHEN YOU GET THERE
COOLIO

1 Like

Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by Redstubpen: 6:25am On Sep 29, 2022
Oh

RIP

You will be missed!!
Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by Segkem2013(m): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2022
C U when you get there.
Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by mespusinglez(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2022
WE SPENDING MOST OF OUR LIVES LIVING IN THE GANSTA'S PARADISE.
Re: Gangsta’s Paradise’ Rapper Coolio Dies At 59 by sylve11: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2022
He's finally gone to Gangsta's Paradise.

Journey well, Coolio.

You'll not be forgotten, not so soon, at least. sad cool

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: D’banj To Remain In ICPC Custody Over Discovery Of 20,000 Ghost Workers / Actress Wunmi Toriola Is Violent And Beats My Mum- Ex Husband Reveals To Fiancée / If You Come For Me, I Will Come For You – Actress, Eniola Badmus Blows Hot, Issu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.