Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,780 members, 7,955,983 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:27 PM

Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) (28956 Views)

Meteor Lights Up The Night Sky Over Oklahoma USA (pics, Video) / The Sky Turns Green In South Dakota, USA ( Pics, Video) / At Least 3 Dead In Snowy Pileup Of Dozens Of Vehicles In Pennsylvania, Usa(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by LienwaltAbel(m): 7:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Michelle70:
why will someone destroy his own property when he doesnt know what will happen 2moro
To get insurance money. An insurance company can't just fold up in one day. On the other hand, insurance companies have special investigators who look into these "accidents" to ensure that they are accidents. I think you can land in prison if they find out that it's a sham.
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Topmaike007(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
See wetin Putin don cause Now
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by jojothaiv(m): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
CaseSensitive:

Hurricanes are given names by weather scientists and other governmental organisations around the world such as the World Meteorological Organisation so that they can keep track of them, communicate about them and so that the general public can use them as a reference point. Remember the infamous hurricane Katrina?
Thank you sir...
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by sprints1: 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:
We are very lucky in Nigeria, we don't experience all these natural disasters
okay the flood in jigawa and Niger states no be natural disasters and the occational flooding in Lagos too is not a problem every part of the world is experiencing it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Angrygoat: 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
Copart,iaai loadiloading
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Burgerlomo: 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
Lord have mercy
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by DaveJacuzie: 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
Surely, we are at what the Bible calls ENDTIMES. Build a relationship with Jesus Christ and serve God like never before

2 Likes

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by goodheart01: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
obembet:
This is USA, if na Lagos now, some animal will not allow Yoruba to rest as if it doesn't happen in thier region.

Stop hatred.
Stop Envy.
Stay focus

God bless YORUBA land.

Vote Atiku 2023

I’m so disappointed u are making this comment. I used to think u were smart, but now I know better. U aren’t ashamed to compare a climatic disaster to simple flooding in Lagos. The Lagos flooding is just because of an ordinary rainfall owing to bad drainage and poor planning. And if a Hurricane of this nature is to hit Lagos State, there’ll be no survivor or even a remedy. But this situation u see in Florida today will be remedied in a short while.

I’m really disappointed obembet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by JohnQueen(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
This is not good. Domainers can relate embarassed
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Sanctecosma(m): 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2022
Hmmm. Things are really happening o.
Could this be what am thinking?
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by CaseSensitive(m): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
abbey621:

So to be clear are you saying this is man made climate change or natural climate change? The problem we are having now is doomsayers not being able to differentiate between the former and the latter. Since 1851, hurricanes have been recorded in terms of strength and we have had several greater than Ian. Labor Day hurricane of 1935, Camille in 1969 and Hurricane Andrews in 1992 were far more devastating and all came through Florida, so what portion of blame goes towards man made climate change and what portion goes towards naturally occurring climate change?

No sir, hurricane is natural phenomenon just like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Note here that hurricane wind intensities are measured in categories depending on the speed it is travelling at, and numbered. The higher the number the higher the magnitude of devastation and catastrophe it can potentially cause, just like earthquake are measured in magnitude. Mind you, Svante Arrhenius predicted that changes in atmospheric CO2 levels could alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect in 1896. It was not until 1938 that another scientist actually connected CO2 increases in Earth's atmosphere to global warming, and global warming didn't become a national problem until 1988. So there are chances that the intensity of Labour day hurricane, Camille, hurricane Andrews and other subsequent hurricanes are reinforced (not caused) by climate change. Maybe increasing their categories as well, I don't know but climate change definitely contributes immensely to their intensities.

1 Like

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Itedjereaugusti(m): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2022
It has been happening since.not today. Go check.
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by duduade: 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:
We get our own natural disasters

Lool
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by abbey621(m): 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
CaseSensitive:

No sir, hurricane is natural phenomenon just like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. Note here that hurricane wind intensities are measured in categories depending on the speed it is travelling at, and numbered. The higher the number the higher the magnitude of devastation and catastrophe it can potentially cause, just like earthquake are measured in magnitude. Mind you, Svante Arrhenius predicted that changes in atmospheric CO2 levels could alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect in 1896. It was not until 1938 that another scientist actually connected CO2 increases in Earth's atmosphere to global warming, and global warming didn't become a national problem until 1988. So there are chances that the intensity of Labour day hurricane, Camille, hurricane Andrews and other subsequent hurricanes are reinforced (not caused) by climate change. Maybe increasing their categories as well, I don't know but climate change definitely contributes immensely to their intensities.

Yea that's why so many people are skeptical. We can't seem to distinguish between naturally occurring climate change and that caused by human pollution and excesses. If we don't know the problem how can we be sure of the solution? It's a much more bigger and intense discussion but I'm glad to read your viewpoint.....thanks!

1 Like

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by ebufa: 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:

we are unlucky in nigeria, we have the fulani sahelians ......wicked,immoral and highly corrupt! Enuff badluck there!

1 Like

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by blueAgent(m): 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:

Still does not make Nigeria better than US.
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by blueAgent(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2022
goodheart01:

I’m so disappointed u are making this comment. I used to think u were smart, but now I know better. U aren’t ashamed to compare a climatic disaster to simple flooding in Lagos. The Lagos flooding is just because of an ordinary rainfall owing to bad drainage and poor planning. And if a Hurricane of this nature is to happen in Lagos, there’ll be no survivor or even a remedy. But this situation u see in Florida today will be remedied in a short while.

I’m really disappointed obembet

On point.

You dey mind the clown.

In less than 6months those parts of florida would be rebuilt and fixed and it would still be 100times better than the shithole called Lagos that has never experienced a hurricane.

Despite been spared of this adverse weather disasters Nigerian cities look like place that are on perpetual hurricane and tsunami attacks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
Florida wahala, living near the coastline is dangerous.
Expecting those flood damaged vehicles to be shipped to Nigeria as clean title cars.
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Dearlord(m): 8:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
America is just an overated slump.
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Okd1: 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
I have never seen anyone who uses disasters to frighten people into their religion, forgetting that you are where you are cause you were born into it. You have a wicked heart with corroded values. Whom I'm talking to knows him/herself. End time my foot.

1 Like

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Holiness2100: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
Wotolom:

I no travel again o grin
grin grin
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by jaxxy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
why didn't they evacuate tho?
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by jaxxy(m): 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2022
Dearlord:
America is just an overated slump.

And 3rd world countries are shitholes? undecided
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2022
If u no get insurance ur name na sssorry smiley
It's a pity tho
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:

APC and PDP na natural disasters on their own

1 Like

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Dabillion: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2022
Time for another loan update, if you know you know
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Greatdand007(m): 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Moh247:
Yahooboys with clients around Florida in problem

Walai my client for Tampa Florida no even get my time
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by LordEclipse: 9:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nigeria is blessed indeed..our leaders are our own natural disasters.. But hurricane Obi is shaking and breaking the bad eggs soon..
Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by otipoju(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Righteousness2:
Believe it or not! We are on the threshold of Eternity !
The CONVERGENCE of the Signs of the times is not ordinary or coincidence.

The End is not near . The End is Here.
If you know anyone who is yet to Genuiely Surrender to JESUS Christ, tell them to do so quickly.
If you are yet to do so, do it quickly.
There is no more time.
The Trumpet is Fixing to Blast.
JESUS is at the Door.

Guy this hurricane and flooding happens at least every other year since time immemorial in the USA. I k know because I worked as a claims adjuster for at least 5 years in the USA. This is not a sign of endtimes anything . Go siddon one place.

1 Like

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by yinkabeauty: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:

The only ‘’natural disasters‘’we have are the leaders.

1 Like

Re: Monster Hurricane Ian Devastates USA ( Pics, Video) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
God1000:
Islamic terrorists bandits nko?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

India Receives Military Supplies From Moscow Amid Russia-ukraine War / French Magazine Risks Muslim Anger With Mohammed Cartoons / Iraq Officially Declares Christmas Day A National Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.