Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida (166 Views)

Is Peter Obi The Face Of Take Back Nigeria Movement? / General HD Tafida Orders Torture Of 4 Abuja Electricity Workers Over Bills / Abbas Tafida: Taraba Emir Gives Herdsmen 30-Day Ultimatum To Vacate Forests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida by Feminews(m): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2022
Why PDP will take back Nigeria in 2023 elections- Dr. Tafida

Dr. Jibril Tafida was a one-time Chairman of PDP Electoral Panel during the era of chief Olusegun Obasanjo as Nigeria's President . Prior to that, he was Vice Chairman of Kaduna North Local Government Council. He is also an entrepreneur and philanthropist.*

In this interview with newsmen in Kaduna, he bares his mind on his return to the PDP after a brief stay in the APC prior to the 2023 presidential primaries, the fate of his presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar and the party's governorship candidate - Hon Isa Ashiru Kudan as the Kaduna State governorship candidate saying the duo will win both the presidential and governorship seats in 2023. Excerpts*

Reports recently showed that you returned to PDP, what are the reasons for leaving APC after such a short while?

Tafida : Well, I joined APC because of our political leader Senator Godswill had contested for the position of President under the platform of APC and ideally we have had to joined him and support him but since he had stepped down for Asiwaju I had no option than to come back to my party the PDP and to contribute my quota for the success of the party, ahead of the next coming election.

What was your experience during your short stay in APC?

I believe there are clear difference between my old and new party in many ways; both in terms of internal democracy and party management. I haven't worked with the party at the management level, but the little I know is that there are things that need to be done in terms of unity.

Many Nigerians are still asking the question as to why Akpabio would step down for Bola Tinubu? Why did he?

What I know is that there was pressure on Senator Akpabio to step down, not only for Tinubu but other aspirants too. The decision to step down was at the last minute, before the convention. Most of us were set and ready for the proceess to start when we got the information that our candidate, Senator Akpabio was stepping down. Despite this unexpected development we believe it was in the best of intentions. But I still want to tell you that we would have won if he was not begged to step down.

But some are saying that speech was not enough as a support to Tinubu since you did not ask your dalegates to vote for Tinubu?

Look, without our support he wouldn't have won. We did ask our supporters and all our delegates to vote for Tinubu. immediately after the announcement we went round to inform all the delegates that agreed to vote for us to support the Asiwaju. The record is there and I believe the APC presidential candidate is aware.

How do you think you would have won the primary?

It was clear. We had the best campaign network in the last convention. We actually knew the states that were ready to vote for us and those that were with us before our candidate was begged to step down. Our candidate was prepared and ready but you propose and God disposes. But the outcome was not what we expected.

Was there any change, like a switching of loyalty by people who were with you in the beginning, you can remember if this had happened?

The challenge was that many people were not sincere and therefore not trustworthy. It was surprising for me to see the calibre of people I saw, telling lies just to collect money. Our people have lost value. They don't have respect. People can do anything because of money. Like any other campaign organization we had our share of problems and challenges but we thank God for everything.

You left APC when someone you are close to is campainging to become Governor of Kaduna State, Uba Sani?

First I don't see the connection between my returning back to PDP and that of Uba Sani's aspiration. We have never been on a same political platform in our history of political participation. Uba Sani is a Capitalist while I'm not( laughter). He believes in changing position and friends and I don't. I dedicated my life to serve my people and to change their lives from the little I have, with the hope that Allah will reward us. Uba Sani contested many elections in the past and I only participated in one because of my nature of minding my business, but I wish him well. I will be happy if he becomes our governor but the people need to do more in managing him.

No body would have thought you are not supporting Senator Uba Sani, considering your years of relationship?

I told you we are two different people. I don't just go into something that I don't believe in, no matter our relationship. The relationship you are talking about is that of the struggle and nothing more. If I were to open up to you, the struggle was a sham - nothing to write home about. I laugh sometimes when heard any of us talking about the struggle, because there is nothing to say. Allah gives power to whom He whishes and I wish him well.

What are your responsibities in PDP now?

I'm a committed member, contributing my quota in moving the party forward. Since my return to the PDP, I have been engaged with a lot of meetings and consultations. God willing, PDP will have victory in the forthcoming election. We are working hard to see that power returns to PDP by 2023.

Some people are wondering whether Hon Ashiru Isa Kudan will win the Kaduna governorship election or not, because of the new, growing influence of Labour Party(LP) in Southern Kaduna. What is your candid opinion?

Well, it took a lot of consultations before the support for Honorable Isa Ashiru to emerge as Kaduna's 2023 PDP candidate. Most importantly, the Labour Party, which is funded by the APC to confuse voters in a traditional PDP territory, will fail to deliver on the APC assignment. Everyone knows that the Labour Party woke up to the challenge of seeking for supporters so late into the 2023 campaigns because it was an APC agenda to politically disorganize Southern Kaduna because of the fear of Honorable Isa Ashiru.

We are confident that both the stooges of the APC agenda for Southeen Kaduna and their financiers in the ruling party will be shamed at the end of the day because Kaduna voters are wiser now. Honorable Ashiru is a grassroots politician with plenty of goodwill; and so, any attempt to rig him out by trying to divide Southern Kaduna voters fail, definitely.

Atiku's hope for votes in the Southeast is now the subject serious debate because the supporters of Peter Obi and Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of the NNPP are expanding. Is the PDP and its presidential candidate - Atiku Abubakar not unsettled by this?

Like I said earlier, we, in the PDP are completely unruffled by Kwankwaso's NNPP and Labour party's Obi so-called 2023 campaigns because we know they are part of the rented actors of the APC at the national level.

The game plan of the APC is to see whether hiring people under the Laboir Party will hopefully split votes of the PDP in her stronghold of the Southeast. This too, will fail woefully. And let me say this: Atiku has the best structure in Nigeria today and voters goodwill because he has come a long way in setting up the best structure, dating back to the time NRC presidential aspirant - the late General Shehu Musa Yaradua, a democrat who made special name in Nigeria's political history. He has vast knowledge of governance and economy, a friend of the forces of democracy in Nigeria. It is a huge mistake to underrate Atiku's sphere of political influence in Nigeria today, to be very frank.

Re: Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida by Nobody: 7:24am On Sep 30, 2022
Nothing like that
Re: Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida by Pauldollars(m): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2022
PDP has a long way to catch up with LP and may not be able in 2023.
Re: Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida by QozzyBrown: 7:34am On Sep 30, 2022
Na for this coming election I go know if Nigeria Youths dey serious or not.

Am not expecting him(P. O) to win though, because let's not deceive ourselves, there's more to winning election than all this social media brouhaha.

But I will begin to take Nigerian Youths serious if he manage to get a million votes.(I pray though).

P. S
Vote for liberation
Vote for justice

If you really want to take this country back from these old, currupt Crooks, then

Vote OMOYELE SOWORE.

He is the man for the job.

1 Like

Re: Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida by Elmojiid(m): 7:35am On Sep 30, 2022
Day dreaming
Re: Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida by GoodHardDickk: 7:37am On Sep 30, 2022
APC and PDP are long dead. Nigeria wants someone new someone from a different party entirely with a new ideology and that person is Peter Obi.

A vote for peter Obi is a vote for better Nigeria! Vote labour party!
Re: Why PDP Will Take Back Nigeria In 2023 Elections- Dr. Tafida by Urheadmaster(m): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2022
Pauldollars:
PDP has a long way to catch up with LP and may not be able in 2023.

With the recent pictures of APC tickets holder

Somewhere in far away London

By now they already knew that the upcoming

General elections in Nigeria no sure for APC tongue

And PDP no guarantees tongue

(1) (Reply)

What Are We Celebrating, Are U Happy? / Al-mustapha Support Organization ASO / SOME EVENTS OF CALIPHATE FULANIZATION WE MUST KNOW, FROM CHINWEIZU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.