Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,585 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Should I Worry About The Location Of The Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should I Worry About The Location Of The Land (101 Views)

Owning Just Any Land Isn't A Big Deal! Tell Me About The Location! / Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja / #ItaFaaji: LASG Takes Over The Land, Begins Massive Demolition In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Worry About The Location Of The Land by vikt: 11:25am On Sep 30, 2022
Before buying land, most lagosians are posed with a few questions such as:
• What is my budget?
• Am I buying to start building immediately?
• Do I want to resell this land one day?
• What is the potential of developments in this area?
• How soon can I get good ROI on this land?

This questions poses as a threat to you from owning real estate because the major determinant to all other factors surrounding real estate is the purpose which you want to use it for. Many people have become victims of regrets because of the “Land syndrome effects” plaguing the mindset of Nigerians when they should have an inheritance in their country.

“This land is too far o”, this is a familiar sentence you hear from most Nigerians in Lagos when going to inspect a land. This worry is not unfounded as the thought of building your house far from the city center is scary as you will have to battle with hours of Lagos traffic for the rest of your life. However, it is not all doom and gloom because distance in Lagos is not a problem.

Lagos State currently stands as the 14th largest urban area in the world and is on the verge of becoming a primary coastal megalopolis (a clustered network of cities). Lagos state’s annual projected growth rate stands at 4.4%, making it the seventh fastest-growing urban area in the world.

Just a few years ago, anywhere beyond Ajah, ketu, owode-ajegunle was considered “Part of Ogun State”. People did not even want to cross Lekki second tollgate as they still deemed it too far; then in 2016, Dangote announced plans to build the single largest refinery in the world at Ibeju Lekki and the place exploded. Today, Ibeju Lekki, Epe, Ikorodu are the fastest-growing urban areas in Sub-Saharan Africa growing at a pace 15% faster than any other area in Sub-Saharan Africa. A land worth N4 million today in this areas will cost at least N20million in 5 years

As a land seeker, if you are looking for a fallow land to buy and build in most developed areas in Lagos like Surulere, Ikeja, Lekki, you need to have at least N130 million naira to cover land acquisition, Omo-Onile fees, and building cost. If you do not have a budget that large, you will have to settle for areas like Ikorodu, Epe, Ibeju Lekki for affordable land.

Most of the early investors in this areas did not plan to live there (Most do not still live there) but are cashing out big time because they were willing to take the risk while others dragged their feet. So in few years’ time, will your story be one of joy or regrets? While not take a bold step today to deal with that procrastination eating up your mind and take a look at that land.

WANT TO BUY LAND AND DON’T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT? BOOK A FREE SESSION WITH STOCKLAND HOMES AND PROPERTIES NOW AND GO FOR THE INSPECTION, CALL/WHATSAPP VIA 08134960955

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Earn 15% Sales Commission Plus Other Incentives / *fresh Letting* Decent 3 Bedrooms Up Flat 2t 2b, A Room Ensuite 2 Occupants To / Duplex For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.