Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,352 members, 7,860,912 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:46 PM

Gabriel Jesus Admitted To The Reasons Why He Left Manchester City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gabriel Jesus Admitted To The Reasons Why He Left Manchester City (216 Views)

Gabriel Jesus Slow Penalty Miss: Fans React (Photos) / Man City Hands Gabriel Jesus Jersey Number 9 / Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gabriel Jesus Admitted To The Reasons Why He Left Manchester City by ExclusiveBet: 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
Gabriel Jesus has admitted he had to leave Manchester City and Pep Guardiola in the summer after growing frustrated with his role at the Etihad.

The Brazilian started 21 Premier League games last season and frequently played up front following the departure of Sergio Aguero, scoring eight goals and assisting eight more.

Arsenal swooped in during the summer to make Jesus their new striker, replacing the departed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and understudy Eddie Nketiah, and has already netted four goals to help fire the Gunners to the top of the table with six wins from seven games.

The 25-year-old has appeared revitalised this season and admitted part of that is down to feeling "free" in north London under Mikel Arteta, adding he had grown tired of City's style of play.

"The thing was the way [Guardiola] understands football and what he wanted," Jesus told ESPN Brasil. "Then it was up to you to accept it or not. If you don't accept it, 'thank you' and let's go for another challenge.

"I accepted it for a while, but there came a moment when I said: 'I want another thing for myself.' I thanked him, 'thanks for everything,' he understood, and we moved on.

"It is different here at Arsenal. The football is different - different players, different ways to play.

"At City, it was different. The striker didn't touch the ball that much, you see this by watching the games. And, when it was time to touch the ball, it was not the striker, because [Guardiola] ended up putting a midfielder to come closer. OK, fine. So, I decided to change.

(1) (Reply)

FIFA 23: Today's Simulated Live Soccer Matches / Top 10 Champions League Goalscorers Of All Time / Barcelona Are Trying To Lure In N'golo Kante This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.