Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President (30717 Views)

Amaju Pinnick Re-elected As NFF President (Photos) / "We Are Good" - NFF President Pinnick Says, After Alleged Snub From Moses & Musa / Victor Moses And Ahmed Musa Snub NFF President Amaju Pinnick At Yaounde Airporta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by dallyemmy: 6:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
bennybuhari:
Which one is David-Buhari again?
Benny Buhari you noticed David-Buhari too?
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Wizywiz(m): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
Congrats to him.....I heard dollars were flying grin grin...naija I hail thee
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by somehow: 7:10pm On Sep 30, 2022
DonA02:
On what basis was he elected? Why can't Nigeria emulate good thing from other countries? Why can't we elect some who is current in football?

Someone like who and what stopped the "someone" from contesting?
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Fortruth: 7:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
sleek214:
Finally, Pinnick has left the scene. The dude is Fantastically Corrupt.
Could this be FTC 4 me? Hurrah. I've made it in life and my candidate will be sworn in come May 29- 2023.

And Fulani will do better right?

What a joke of a “country”
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Originalwafi: 7:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by asanausana91: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
Chijeep:
Mikel Peter Obi is the right man for the work...
they should've given Obi sometimes to rest and take that position up as Jay Jay and Papilo no dey show interest.

INFACT, ANYTHING WEY GET OBI NA HIM I WAN DEY VOTE FOR NOW grin
IPOB have Obi, are you going to vote for ipob?
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by CheapHomes1: 7:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
ppogba:

You are right.
From what I even gathered, the way dollars exchange hands since yesterday night will make mockery of the PDP and APC primaries.
Truth is, expect nothing from this lot.

Meanwhile, Felix Anyasi Agwu has been elected as the Vice Chairman.

Good one for Anyasi. He has risen from club football to national football administration. But like you rightly noted, there's nothing to expect from them. Its the same mentality they have. Its all about power and maintaining the status quo
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by asanausana91: 7:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
DOTian:
So the North has finally won this one with their "it's our turn" ideology!? To remove this one might take another 30 years. Quota system in every farcet of the society will destroy this strange country
kill yourself.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
Beckham14:
A breathe of fresh air for the decaying Nigeria Football Federation....

Had it been Barr. Akinwunmi had won, he would have continued from the rot obembet uncle, Amaju Melvin Pinnick plunge the football federation into.

Congratulations to Alhaji Gusau, he is indeed a good Sports Administrator, not just football...
gusau is still part of the old order so what are you saying... It was an open secret that one the trio of seyi Akinwumi, Shehu dikko and Shehu gusau would take over from Amaju pinnick...
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Dashala: 7:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
Congratulations Mr Gusau. All the best
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Roozzaay(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
And Amaju Pinnick be doing as if him be god and he's going to be there for eternity.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Emuforlife1: 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
saxtaiwo:
Don't expect much from him, they are just going to draw football backward again. NFF presidency has always been zoned to them and they have not really done anything good, Pinnick was just lucky.
Another problem for our football, please expect the worst.
Stop being unnecessarily pessimistic. The last time SE won AFCON(2013), Aminu Maigari, a Northerner was the NFF president. They started the 2013 qualification shakingly but Maigari trusted Stephen Keshi and the Home grown guyz. They later did not only qualify, they brought the trophy home.
Amaju has now become more of a scout than an NFF president. He goes to Europe to beg guyz who have no connections and feelings for the Nigerian National Team to come and play when we have home grown guyz ready to defend the Nigerian Shirt and make a name for themselves. Imagine we can't secure the World cup ticket in our own National Capital even though the stadium was filled to the brim because the Players don't care about the Rivalry between Nigeria and Ghana.
Had Barr. Seyi Akinwunmi won, he will continue from where Amaju stopped but for now, let's hope for the best. Do not always override someone by dint of where he's from.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Omodua(m): 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2022
GOFRONT:
A new dawn for our Super Chickens.
Is the position all about super eagles?
Get sense!
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Omodua(m): 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2022
GOFRONT:
A new dawn for our Super Chickens.
Is the position all about super eagles?
The position is principally development of grassroot football.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Omodua(m): 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
chisomkachy:
Earlier, Justice Inyang Ekwo had restrained the outgoing NFF President, Amaju Pinnick from conducting the NFF executive election scheduled for Sept. 30 in Edo, until hearing on October 31.

However, an Appeal Court vacated the interim injunction yesterday.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-gusau-elected-new-nff-president/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1664553057

Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau led administration will pilot the affairs of the NFF for the next 4 years.

Gusau is the Chairman, Football Association Chairmen, a member of CAF Organising Committee and FA Chairman, Zamfara State Football Association.
We don't care the pedigree of the incoming President of NFF. But we care a new life has been injected into Glass House infested with iniquity and corruption.

Amaju Pinnick will be remembered for ineptitude and lack of transparency in administration of football in Nigeria. Very corrupt and brought Nigerian football to its knees. We never had it so bad like this in any administration of football in the country. Almost dead league. No sponsors and our clubs no longer perform on the continent.

He should probed for jumbo jet corruption!
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by DOTian: 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
asanausana91:
kill yourself.
This Taliban with his jumper trousers and dry whiskers again?
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by jonnieoneng: 10:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
chisomkachy:
Earlier, Justice Inyang Ekwo had restrained the outgoing NFF President, Amaju Pinnick from conducting the NFF executive election scheduled for Sept. 30 in Edo, until hearing on October 31.

As usual, we have once again placed our Football in the hands of someone who knows nothing about Football!

Why is it difficult for Ex-Footballers to get elected as NFF Presidents?

I don't see anything positive coming out from this arrangement as the person so elected never played football in Nigeria or Abroad.

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-gusau-elected-new-nff-president/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1664553057

Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau led administration will pilot the affairs of the NFF for the next 4 years.

Gusau is the Chairman, Football Association Chairmen, a member of CAF Organising Committee and FA Chairman, Zamfara State Football Association.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by abokikhalifa: 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
saintkeppy:
E be like this one na polished Sport administrator from the core North, well dressed, not the ones wearing Agbada up&down in Glass House(NFF Headquarters), as if he is in a mosque.

Goodbye Pinnick, the most corrupt President, NFF has ever had.

Agbada na African outfit na.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by odinga1of: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2022
bennybuhari:
Which one is David-Buhari again?

I wonder grin grin cheesy grin, shuooo David n Buhari in same sentence?
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by DaRuud(m): 6:26am On Oct 01, 2022
chisomkachy:

Hope Some "obidients " won't shout that it's a Muslim ticket again

Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Bimpe29: 7:56am On Oct 01, 2022
Congratulations Alhaji Ibrahim
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by phemmyfour: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2022
sleek214:
Could this be FTC 4 me? Hurrah. I've made it in life and my candidate will be sworn in come May 29- 2023.
Seconded.
The most corrupt nff president. His eyes is on CAF now
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by lailo: 10:03am On Oct 01, 2022
saintkeppy:
E be like this one na polished Sport administrator from the core North, well dressed, not the ones wearing Agbada up&down in Glass House(NFF Headquarters), as if he is in a mosque.

Goodbye Pinnick, the most corrupt President, NFF has ever had.
"The most corrupt"- quoting you. That is the problem with we southerners. Any opportunity giving to us, we would want to outsmart the northerners in corruption. Same thing Jonathan did and that's why the north will never wish anybody from SS and SE taste presidency bcs they believe it will be corruption galore bcs of our oyel mentality. A delta man who is supposed to show that southerners are better administrators has now ended being the most corrupt.Meaning all the abokis before him and the shout of corruption na child's play. Na una dey teach those northerners.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by lailo: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2022
phemmyfour:
Seconded.
The most corrupt nff president. His eyes is on CAF now
The most corrupt so far, meaning all the abokis before him were saints in terms of corruption. And u people want the north to give u power? undecided
It is a pity.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by saintkeppy(m): 10:25am On Oct 01, 2022
lailo:

"The most corrupt"- quoting you. That is the problem with we southerners. Any opportunity giving to us, we would want to outsmart the northerners in corruption. Same thing Jonathan did and that's why the north will never wish anybody from SS and SE taste presidency bcs they believe it will be corruption galore bcs of our oyel mentality. A delta man who is supposed to show that southerners are better administrators has now ended being the most corrupt. Na una dey teach those northerners.

Speak for yourself,
most Nigerians are corrupt irrespective of Tribe, ethnic or Region, so no one is teaching others to loot public funds, General Sani Abacha loots in the 90's is from North who taught him to loot?, immediate past Accountant-General who loot public funds is from North, who taught, i can go on&on, same with some southern public officeholders. So nobody is a saint that form the basis of who should be in power, so Tinubu from the ruling party APC from Southwest is not corrupt??

unfortunately Pinnick hasn't been accountable&Transparent in funds, in his tenure as NFF president, despite money donated by FIFA, CAF, Sponsors, &FG, League winners &FA cup winners hasn't been given their due winners money despite money being donated to those clubs, he is just after money, we can't even qualify for world cup, he is someone I used to admire, but seriously he disappointed me.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by saintkeppy(m): 10:27am On Oct 01, 2022
abokikhalifa:

Agbada na African outfit na.

Not all the time Agbada.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by phemmyfour: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2022
lailo:

The most corrupt so far, meaning all the abokis before him were saints in terms of corruption. And u people want the north to give u power? undecided
It is a pity.
"most"...in all thy getting, get understanding
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by lailo: 10:37am On Oct 01, 2022
phemmyfour:
"most"...in all thy getting, get understanding
"Others were saints in terms of corruption" admits that they too were corrupt but not as much as........
In all your gettings, get education grin
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2022
sleek214:

I believe there will be changes in our football team now. I foresee development.
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
bennybuhari:
Pinnick, man with head like Rugby ball should be in jail by now

I swear, very corrupt and dull
Re: Ibrahim Gusau Elected New NFF President by ishola98: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Arrive In Ethiopia (Pictures) / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Roma Coach / Salah Donates $3m To Rebuild Egyptian Hospital Blown By Terrorists [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.