Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly (27315 Views)

Tariffs On Data, Voice Calls May Go Up / How To Get Free 500MB Data Monthly On MTN Smart Feature Phone / How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Horus(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
9 ways to reduce your phone’s data usage

Looking for ways to reduce your phone’s data usage? Follow these 9 easy steps.

1. use WiFi
Seems obvious but sometimes we can forget to connect to WiFi. That’s why Honest Mobile members benefit from our ‘smart notifications’ letting them know when they’ve used more data than usual and reminding them to check that they’re connected to WiFi.

2. turn off background app refresh
On your phone apps update in the background – even if you’re not using them. This is so they can show you all the latest content in your Facebook newsfeed or others apps when you go back to them. This uses up your data.

to turn off background app refresh on an iPhone
Go to settings > general > background app refresh > off or toggle off the ones you don’t want grabbing new content in the background.

to turn off background app refresh on an android
Pull down the notification bar for settings > press the settings button (cog in the top right-hand corner) > press connections > data usage > from the Mobile section press mobile data usage > choose an app from below the usage graph > press allow background data usage to turn off

Do this for all the apps you want to turn off background app refresh for.

3. where to find which apps use the most data
how to check data usage on an iPhone
Head to settings > mobile data > scroll down and under each app is the amount of data used in your current billing period. Turn off any apps you think are using too much.

how to check data usage on an android
Click on settings > tap data usage > select your date range > press ‘app usage’

Your total data usage is at the top and then you can scroll down to see how much data each app used. The apps that used the most are at the top.

4. download don’t stream
Downloading your music, podcasts or films when you’re connected to Wi-Fi will mean you use less data when you’re out and about. Streaming uses a lot of data so better to have them downloaded on your phone – this will dramatically reduce things like your Spotify and Netflix data usage.

5. switch off WiFi assist or network switch
WiFi Assist (for iPhone) or Network Switch (for Android) is running in the background making sure you have a stable internet connection. It means that if your WiFi connection suddenly drops massively – say you’re on the edge of where the WiFi reaches to then WiFi assist lets your mobile data kick in so you don’t lose connection.

for iPhone users:
Turn it off in settings > mobile data > scroll to the bottom and turn off Wi-Fi Assist

for android users:
Settings (the cog icon) > connections > Wi-Fi > three dots in the corner > advanced. Here you’ll find the slider for “Switch to mobile data.”

6. ‘fetch’ mail less often
To see how often your email gets new emails on an iPhone go to settings > mail > accounts > fetch new data. The less it fetches emails the less data and battery your phone will use. If you don’t need new emails coming through all the time then turn off push. To check how often fetch is scheduled scroll down. If you tick manually then the mail app will check for new emails only when you open the app.

7. use safari’s reading list
When you’re connected to Wi-Fi you can add pages to your Safari Reading List – which downloads them for offline viewing – so you can read them later when you don’t have connection. To do this click the share button and then select add to reading list.

8. switch off autoplay on youtube or other video apps
Whether you watch videos on YouTube or other video apps switch off autoplay so they don’t accidentally keep playing in your pocket. It will eat up all your data very quickly.

9. take your GPS maps offline
Your maps apps can use up a lot of data – especially when you’re using them a lot – like when your travelling or exploring a new place. But did you know you can download maps so you can find your way even when you don’t have WiFi or data?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by miketayo(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
20k+
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Crysallis(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
tsephanyah:
6k 50G MTN

How
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by kunleiky(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
tsephanyah:
6k 50G MTN
What's the code for this?
I'll like to know about it.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by ibawon(m): 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2022
HappyPagan:

I use Tizeti. I did 800gb in January. Can download 20gb in an hour. I pay 12,500 a month
It is eating me deep down they are not in my new Location
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by YousefNiyi: 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
2500 for 12gb on Airtel
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by numtums(m): 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2022
Omoapena:
I buy Airtel 5k data for 40GB 3 times in a month and the only thing I do with this data is to stream reel videos on Facebook, IG & Tiktok. Yet, i use over 80GB of data just in a month.

This is eating me up honestly, what plan do you subscribe for and how long does it last you
How do you do it?
Na 20gb dem dey gimme
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by SenatePresdo(m): 8:29pm On Oct 01, 2022
MorataFC:
With the same Sim? I doubt it

Yeah, the same SIM.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by mrfizy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
I subscribe to Mtn Tuesday offer of 5gb for 500 valid for 2 days.Then I use about 100 naira to prolong the plan for another 2 days after which I fill up the remaining days with cheap sme bundle and night plans.
I spend about 3500 monthly on data.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by BRATISLAVA: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
Omoapena:
I buy Airtel 5k data for 40GB 3 times in a month and the only thing I do with this data is to stream reel videos on Facebook, IG & Tiktok. Yet, i use over 80GB of data just in a month.

This is eating me up honestly, what plan do you subscribe for and how long does it last you

What do people even do on Instagram and ticktock? Watching other people live out their lives? Or is it for business reasons?

Away from that, 80GB is reasonable for monthly use.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Adex097: 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
550 on MTN every 2 days. You can do the maths
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Chummynoni(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
3k weekly, 12k a month /airtel
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by being(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
Common be disciplined and uninstall the FB app asap.
Don't allow social media to control you son.
Omoapena:

Nah d only thing I dey watch when less busy...

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by seaboyzen: 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2022
Activate MTN � bonus to enjoy 5k for 40gb
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by zacwale(m): 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2022
Last month data usage

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by AishaDant(f): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
phemmyfour:
MTN 40gb 5k.....now 5,500

It is 20GB not 40GB. I did this days ago.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by AishaDant(f): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
seaboyzen:
Activate MTN � bonus to enjoy 5k for 40gb

How?
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by 18wheeler: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2022
I buy Airtel 20gb for 5000 twice a month and I’m fine. Not much of a SM person. Only thing that consumes my data is football I watch on Dstv app and sunrise daily on channels I watch via YouTube every morning.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Satazaa: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2022
BIXYBABE:
Mtn borrowed me data, I mistakenly click on it....I'm unble to pay off d debt till now.
same with me bro, it's like a trap, they do no know that not everyone painstakingly read through all thier Pop up messages and boom once you click they debit you immediately, and the snag is that it's irreversible, corporate fraud at it's worse undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by AishaDant(f): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2022
HappyPagan:

I use Tizeti. I did 800gb in January. Can download 20gb in an hour. I pay 12,500 a month

Does it work in Abuja? I will gladly move over.
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by dave601: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2022
Tboy222:
4000,0000,00000,0000,000,000,000,000,000 is only a fraction of eternity, so by brothers and sisters be wise.

I can't agree more...

We got to be wise and really work hard, cos it won't be easy...

Luke.13.23 - Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few be saved?" He replied,

Luke.13.24 - "The door to heaven is narrow. Work hard to get in, because many will try to enter,

God bless...
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Sim40: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2022
D
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Juoflife1(f): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2022
10-15k Airtel mifi. I'm looking for alternative
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by methodbabs(m): 8:41pm On Oct 01, 2022
grafixdon:

*121# mtn
oga *131#
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by dave601: 8:42pm On Oct 01, 2022
Tboy222:
4000,0000,00000,0000,000,000,000,000,000 is only a fraction of eternity, so by brothers and sisters be wise.

I can't agree more...

We got to be wise and really work hard, cos it won't be easy...

Luke.13.23 - Someone asked him, "Lord, will only a few be saved?" He replied,

Luke.13.24 - "The door to heaven is narrow. Work hard to get in, because many will try to enter,

Luke.13.25 - but when the head of the house has locked the door, it will be too late. Then you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Lord, open the door for us!' But he will reply, 'I do not know you.'

God bless...
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by macuwon(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2022
bercarray:
Na to go buy new MTN SIM, den don cancel 3500 for 24gb, now I do 5k for 40gb and even that sef they've turned it to ₦5500
How? My own is 6k for 25 gig. Very wicked people
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by placeofallure(f): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2022
darelar:
3500 for 24GB

What network?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Skty: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
Omoapena:

You rich o
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by ObedOkoro: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
darelar:
3500 for 24GB
which network ?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by Skty: 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
SenatePresdo:
3,500 for MTN 24GB

I sub it twice in a month.

That's 7,000.

U de try
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by crafteck(m): 8:45pm On Oct 01, 2022
Its plenty
Re: How Much Do You Spend On Data Monthly by peculiar2021(m): 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2022
phemmyfour:
MTN 40gb 5k.....now 5,500

Swears. But why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Download Free BBM Stickers / Tecno Phantom 6 And 6 Plus Goes Live In Dubai, Official specs discussion / Does Switching Off Mobile Data Minimized Data Consumptions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.