Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

VERBATIM & EXTEMPORE - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / VERBATIM & EXTEMPORE (287 Views)

Exposed: Bukky Jesse Fingered In Prophet Israel Oladele's Prison Ordeal / US Seizes Jet Of Nigerian Man Involved In Multi-Million Dollar Fraud / 30-Year-Old Man Who Fingered 7-Year-Old Girl Granted N500,000 Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

VERBATIM & EXTEMPORE by akstrending(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2022
VERBATIM & EXTEMPORE
~~~♦️~~~
♦️Your Excellency, The Leader Of our Party…

♦️I stand here tonight to thank God Almighty for the privilege He has given us to be alive. I thank God for you, your wife, the children, everyone in your family for the grace that God has bestowed upon you. We must thank you for listening to God and having the courage to stand firm and believe in what God had placed in your heart concerning your successor. I stand here to thank all Akwa Ibom people, stakeholders of our party and everyone that has gathered to make this day possible.

♦️I would like to thank the PDP family through the PDP Chairman for the work they have done to make this day a reality. I want to thank the Maintain Peace Movement, MPM, immensely as the vehicle that traversed and travelled the length and breadth of the State to bring us to the point that we are today.
I want to thank everyone who has accepted to serve on this Campaign Council and Committees and work to ensure that we get victory at the polls and a smooth transition of power come May 29, 2023. I want to thank Akwa Ibom people in diaspora and those in Nigeria. I would like to thank God for Uyo Senatorial District for all the work they have done.

♦️Your Excellency, I would like to announce to you that it was the Uyo Senatorial District that bought the nomination form that I used in contesting this election and so I'd like to thank them very specially for the work they have done.

♦️I would like to thank my family, my wife especially, who has given me all the support and has lived true to her name. Her name is Patience and she has really been patient with me. And so, Kemi, I would like to salute you today. Thank you so much for all you've done, for all your prayers, all your counsel. I celebrate you. Thank you so much.

♦️I would like to thank my children for their understanding. This morning my grandchild told me "Grandpa, are you going to Uyo again?" and I said to him "Yes I'm going to Uyo but I will always come back'' and he said "you must come back and take me to Uyo." So I want to thank all my grandchildren and it is for that generation that we are prepared to do much more than we could have ever thought because that is the generation that we must ensure they have a future.

♦️Your Excellency, I want to thank God for the Deputy Governorship candidate, Senator Akon Eyakenyi, for being a mother and someone that is compatible with the vision that we carry. I would like to thank everyone this evening.

♦️Your Excellency, I must thank you for the grace of God upon your life that has brought me this far and I will never be able to thank you enough. But one thing I want to say to you in this place tonight is that by the grace of God, we will not let you down. We will continue from where you will stop. We will always seek your counsel. We will run a government of inclusion and we will ensure that none of your legacy projects will suffer. We will add value to it and make sure that the people of Akwa Ibom State continue to derive the full value chain of those legacy projects. From Ibom Air to the Deep Seaport, to the quality roads that you have built, to all of the factories; we will ensure that we continue to expand the scope and the horizon of the thoughts that you have had for Akwa Ibom. We will ensure that we will take on our ARISE Agenda that will help agriculture, that will help rural development, that will bring about continuous security.

♦️Your Excellency, you have done excellently well. You have set the path for us to go and we will not turn back the hand of the clock. You have shown us the way and we can see that the way is very clear. This flight that you have taken into the skies already, we will continue to pilot it to greater heights. We also know that many, many years to come, Akwa Ibom will return to celebrate you because you have defined a good path for Akwa Ibom State. We celebrate you Your Excellency.
For all our members of the Campaign Council and even those that are not members of the council and to Akwa Ibomites generally, I thank you. Not being in the campaign council does not mean that you are not qualified. It is just that some people have to sit down and think and plan. But the job is for all Akwa Ibomites and we have to go to our various units, our various wards, our various local governments. And to all our support groups and all the people that have decided to put their hands on the plough and by extension all Akwa Ibomites, we will be working with you, we will be listening to you, we will be coming round to your locality and neighbourhood, we will be coming round to your unit...and take the campaign to your units, to your wards, to your local governments and ensure that come 2023, PDP will return victorious, 6 over 6- from the President to the Governor, to the Senators, to the House of Reps Members and to the House of Assembly members and indeed, when we do all that, we will all be winners; we will deliver the dividends of democracy together, we will create jobs, we will ensure that we make entrepreneurship the engine room of Akwa Ibom economy. We will support small medium enterprises.

♦️We have a plan, we are not just saying it. Our father the governor, has taught us well. Deacon Udom Emmanuel has taught us well. There is a plan and it is a workable plan and so we celebrate all of you today. I call on all of you to please work with us and even those that we contested the nominations together; I can see some of them here. I'd like to salute you and thank you for this understanding that only one person will be a governor but the government belongs to all of us and together we will work and we will ensure that Akwa Ibom becomes a better place, building on the foundation of our leader, Deacon Udom Emmanuel.

♦️I thank you all, God bless you
~~~~

✳️ Being the transcript of the off the cuff
speech made by PASTOR UMO ENO, the Governorship Candiate Of the PDP in Akwa Ibom State, during the inauguration of the PDP Governorship Campaign Council, in Uyo, on Monday, October 17, 2022.

Re: VERBATIM & EXTEMPORE by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 01, 2022
Hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

Women Groups Call For Justice For 2 Months Old Baby Whose Father Assaulted / Police Arrest Six Suspected Armed Robbers/kidnappers In Delta / Police Rescue Kidnapped Victim In Delta Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.