Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help (2103 Views)

I’m Tired Of Having Sex With You – Man Tells Neighbour’s Wife / Wife Writes 'Borrow' Whenever She Sends Her Husband Money / 'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Morningblues: 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2022
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by silvoclaira: 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2022
God help us

Grow up and leave your parents house

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by olasaad(f): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2022
Give him 20 or 25k so that it will not be like the old man wants to be sharing your salary with you.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Aareakinwunmi(m): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2022
Tell him you have pressing need, that you can only borrow him 30k. Even though your money might not be refunded

At the start of November, remind him he's owing you, this will prevent him from asking for more.

12 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Abfinest007(m): 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2022
Tell him u spent it already
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Dbrawllm0098(f): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2022
Either give it to him without the expectation that it will be paid back or don’t give him anything at all.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by doggedfighter(f): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2022
He won't repay.

No need to borrow him money.

He upped his game to 50/50 knowing how much you received recently.

To him you are his retirement benefit.

Start thinking of how to better yourself through massive savings.

Dash him what you can afford or don't give at all since you have been giving before .

6 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by sexy74(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2022
Morningblues:
So I recently received my salary and I gave my dad some money from inside (dash him) so today he called me and ask me to borrow him 60k Naira that he want to use to for something urgent, that he will give me the money by November. He usually borrow money from me like 5k,10k,20k he doesn’t pay and I forget about it, I normally don’t drag him.. I don’t know whether to borrow him this 60k, what if he doesn’t pay back! He is retired and I’m a student, he normally collect salary from retirement and he was the one who gave me the job I’m currently doing now….borrowing him is not the problem. What if he doesn’t pay back?? I earn 40k monthly but I haven’t received salary from 3month so the pay was 120k this month that just pass, he knows when they pay me and the amount they me. I’m confused…
If you don't have to give him don't worry yourself, but if you do give him if he has been responsible father.
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Romanoff(f): 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2022
Find out what he's using the money for. E get why.

Then start hunting for another job.
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by mariahAngel(f): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2022
Your dad seems to be extorting you, and it isn't fair.
It seems (to him) like you're working the job on his behalf (since he got you the job), so he feels entitled to your salary.
For him to keep tabs on your salary says a lot.
Some parents and emotional blackmail though.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Cutehector(m): 4:22pm On Oct 01, 2022
Why would i lend my dad money for him to pay me back? As in, my father who paid my fees till i finished school? I will gladly give him and give him again again and again without payback.

Infact i will baptize him with money even without him asking.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Nazgul: 4:24pm On Oct 01, 2022
I think your focus is in the wrong place. Its safe to say that your focus is on your dad. If you take your focus off from him and bring it to yourself, your future, your goals and dreams, the problem would be solved..

This is the kind of scenario that plays out in crazy families. The children hover around the parents, frustrated, but still granting them their selfish desires at the expense of their future.

Parents who are this dysfunctional are not people you can hang around, visit, enjoy holidays and christmas with. They're are toxic people...They will never agree with you. They care less about you, and will always call you selfish and ungrateful.

Do not try to convince your dad of anything. Simply tell him you don't have, let him think whatever he wants to think. That is not your concern. Your concern should be how to build your life as a youth.

Finally I'll recommend that you get away from him...cos if you remain with such a dad, you would never achieve your life goals, he'll make sure he wrecks you with his selfish demands simply because he birthed you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by mariahAngel(f): 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cutehector:
Why would i lend my dad money for him to pay me back? As in, my father who paid my fees till i finished school? I will gladly give him and give him again again and again without payback.

Even at the detriment of yourself?
Don't you have needs too?
Don't your needs matter?

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Cutehector(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
mariahAngel:

At the detriment of yourself?
Don't you have needs too?
Don't your needs matter?
oh yes...i will do it again and again my dear. It is my money. I went out to eat this morning and i saw a security man who is an old man,

After eating i went to meet him and asked him if he as eaten, he said no.. I told him to follow me. He did, we went to the woman i went to eat at her place and told her to give him anything he wants.

This old man blessed my life.

See my dear, men are suffering inside. I will do it again and again and again!

4 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by advanceDNA: 4:28pm On Oct 01, 2022
Morningblues:
So I recently received my salary and I gave my dad some money from inside (dash him) so today he called me and ask me to borrow him 60k Naira that he want to use to for something urgent, that he will give me the money by November. He usually borrow money from me like 5k,10k,20k he doesn’t pay and I forget about it, I normally don’t drag him.. I don’t know whether to borrow him this 60k, what if he doesn’t pay back! He is retired and I’m a student, he normally collect salary from retirement and he was the one who gave me the job I’m currently doing now….borrowing him is not the problem. What if he doesn’t pay back?? I earn 40k monthly but I haven’t received salary from 3month so the pay was 120k this month that just pass, he knows when they pay me and the amount they me. I’m confused…

Rules of borrowing money.....

Never borrow family money...
U only give family what you can afford..which u have done....what you old man wants to do is exploit you with family ties..., especially if he knows you dont earn much...that's nigerian girlfriend behavior....

U earn 40k...on a normal day if them pay u your 40k permonth steady....u cannot have 120k saved from that job....so...it does not make any sense to pack 50% of full three months salary and dash it out.....

do not lend him
I repeat....do not lend him
Why?? u technically dont have that money, even though u have roughly that amount...

Any family member that doesnt care the amount you earn but expect you to lend them 60k in this harsh time has no love for you....the person is selfish and u should be avoided regularly..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by mariahAngel(f): 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cutehector:
oh yes...i will do it again and again my dear. It is my money. I went out to eat this morning and i saw a security man who is an old man,

After eating i went to meet him and asked him if he as eaten, he said no.. I told him to follow me. He did, we went to the woman i went to eat at her place and told her to give him anything he wants.

In this case, it is not that the op does not give to his father.
It is that his father is never satisfied with what op gives him.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Cutehector(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2022
mariahAngel:

In this case, it is not that the op does not give to his father.
It is that his father is never satisfied with what op gives him.
then if i am the op. I will set up something that will be giving him money. Abegi. My father? Suffer in life? Impossible.
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Kimiso(m): 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
The best thing you should do in this kind of situation is to leave the job after finding another,he won't stop requesting for money from you but give him atimes when you have not like you wouldn't give him anymore forever
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by advanceDNA: 4:33pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cutehector:

Buyimg food of 500naira is not the same as giving money you technically dont have away yo someone that clearly doeant care whether u can manage with what you have left or not...

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by mariahAngel(f): 4:34pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cutehector:
then if i am the op. I will set up something that will be giving him money. Abegi. My father? Suffer in life? Impossible.

With 40k salary? Op himself is managing.
His father should try to be understanding and considerate.

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Cutehector(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

Buyimg food of 500naira is not the same as giving money you technically dont have away yo someone that clearly doeant care whether u can manage with what you have left or not...

tf is this one saying.. You wan dey vex ontop my money? Lmao..go sleep.
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Cutehector(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2022
mariahAngel:

With 40k salary? Op himself is managing.
His father should try to be understanding and considerate.
well i understand his salary is little at this time. I pray that the op gets a better job to let him support his father well. Amen

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Cutehector(m): 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2022
It is good to help your parents. Their blessing is better than the rubbish awwwws and you are so sweet that all these girls tell you these days...

Your days will be long in the land.

I pray for growth for everyone reading this. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Morningblues: 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cutehector:
It is good to help your parents. Their blessing is better than the rubbish awwwws and you are so sweet that all these girls tell you these days...

Your days will be long in the land.

I pray for growth for everyone reading this. Amen.

Yes give your money all your money, give him your kidney, even your life and die for him, let us know you’re a good child undecided undecided
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by advanceDNA: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2022
Cutehector:
tf is this one saying.. You wan dey vex ontop my money? Lmao..go sleep.

No vex....u dey try respond to this case with 500 naira food wey you buy...i just dey yarn you say the two nor follow....
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Cutehector(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2022
Morningblues:

Yes give your money all your money, give him your kidney, even your life and die for him, let us know you’re a good child undecided undecided
again and again bro. Thats the spirit.

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Morningblues: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2022
Nazgul:
I think your focus is in the wrong place. Its safe to say that your focus is on your dad. If you take your focus off from him and bring it to yourself, your future, your goals and dreams, the problem would be solved..

This is the kind of scenario that plays out in crazy families. The children hover around the parents, frustrated, but still granting them their selfish desires at the expense of their future.

Parents who are this dysfunctional are not people you can hang around, visit, enjoy holidays and christmas with. They're are toxic people...They will never agree with you. They care less about you, and will always call you selfish and ungrateful.

Do not try to convince your dad of anything. Simply tell him you don't have, let him think whatever he wants to think. That is not your concern. Your concern should be how to build your life as a youth.

Finally I'll recommend that you get away from him...cos if you remain with such a dad, you would never achieve your life goals, he'll make sure he wrecks you with his selfish demands simply because he birthed you.

Wow thanks to the advice, I’ve already told him I will give it to him, because of the way he was sounding, but I haven’t given him yet… I don’t know what to do.
Just confuse embarassed
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Pedrocross4568(m): 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2022
Tell him that you have already kept the money in a fixed deposit account as your way of saving.

1 Like

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Morningblues: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

Rules of borrowing money.....

Never borrow family money...
U only give family what you can afford..which u have done....what you old man wants to do is exploit you with family ties..., especially if he knows you dont earn much...that's nigerian girlfriend behavior....

U earn 40k...on a normal day if them pay u your 40k permonth....u cannot have 120k saved from that job....so...it does not make any sense to pack 50% of three months salary and dash it out.....

do not lend him
I repeat....do not lend him
Why?? u technically dont have that money, even though u have roughly that amount...

Any family member that doesnt care amount you earn but expect you to lend them 60k in this harsh time has no love for you....the person is selfish and u should avoided regularly..

I don’t know what to do, I already told him I will give him the money, but I haven’t.. I don’t know what to fo
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by Lucrativress(f): 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2022
Morningblues:
My Dear
Split that money into 3
Tell him you have either 15k or 20k to borrow.
So just in case he flops,it won't pain you too much.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by advanceDNA: 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2022
Morningblues:

I don’t know what to do, I already told him I will give him the money, but I haven’t.. I don’t know what to fo

He's your father....i understand...but he's not considerate and thinking of himself alone...

If you start like this...u will continue to give him
at your detriment....the sad reality is that sometimes family may not have our best interest at heart.....use wisdom....tell him you apllied for a online course to improve your life ...that the admin fees was higher than you expected....that you dont have the money any more.... he shoukd make do with ehat you give him.... parent shouldnt add pressure to their children
Re: Should I Borrow My Dad Money?? I’m Tired. Help by verifiablefacts: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2022
Ungrateful children:
If you have only a portion of food, make sure you make it available for your parent(s),and starve.

You are supposed to feel ashamed for your father to even need to borrow from you in the first place.

All those advice,from those ladies above, would have been different had the equation had in it a mother, instead of a father.

Your parents ,they raised you, which I know wasn't easy, paid for your school and yes,got you a job, and may be you re still living under their roof.

It's your type that will rush their aged parents to the home for the elderly, just to wean them off you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Sister Has Lost Interest In Things Of The World. / Can You Add Your Wife On The Deeds Of Your Property? / The Court: His Manhood Is Too Small For Me – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.