Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

What Do I Need To Own A School In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do I Need To Own A School In Nigeria? (382 Views)

Deplorable State Of A School In Enugu Despite Allocation Of N30M For Classrooms / What Is The Difference Between A School, A College And A University? / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Need To Own A School In Nigeria? by Freak4achild(f): 11:42pm On Oct 01, 2022
Hello nlders, I have been nursing the dream of starting a school that would be international standard. I would like to know what it takes to own a school.
Are there any special requirements aside from what I already know, like the CAC registration, ministry of education approval, condusive environment for student..
Thank you for your honest opinion in advance..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I Need To Own A School In Nigeria? by budaatum: 2:10am On Oct 02, 2022
Freak4achild:
Hello nlders, I have been nursing the dream of starting a school that would be international standard. I would like to know what it takes to own a school.
Are there any special requirements aside from what I already know, like the CAC registration, ministry of education approval, condusive environment for student..

+1

I'm after a new phone.

Re: What Do I Need To Own A School In Nigeria? by Thattallgirl(f): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2022
Freak4achild:
The curriculum you'll be using and the materials (like textbooks, workbooks, etc) that'll aid the teaching are also required to be available before you start admitting students. If you really want it to be of international standard, I suggest to you not to use the Nigerian curriculum. It is outdated and way below standard. Students are just bored in schools with nothing exciting to learn.
Re: What Do I Need To Own A School In Nigeria? by Freak4achild(f): 9:23pm On Oct 02, 2022
Thattallgirl:
The curriculum you'll be using and the materials (like textbooks, workbooks, etc) that'll aid the teaching are also required to be available before you start admitting students. If you really want it to be of international standard, I suggest to you not to use the Nigerian curriculum. It is outdated and way below standard. Students are just bored in schools with nothing exciting to learn.

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate this. I will work towards that.
Re: What Do I Need To Own A School In Nigeria? by Thattallgirl(f): 12:07am On Oct 03, 2022
Freak4achild:

Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate this. I will work towards that.
Sure. Due to the fact that the kids will have to write waec (if your school isn't the private school that prepare students to study abroad only), then your curriculum will have to be Nigerian because the questions will come from the curriculum we have.

The best you can do if this is your case is to add non-academic subjects to your curriculum, for the sake of those kids in a country like this. I dunno the type of private school your school will be...if it's the very expensive one or averagely expensive or affordable. How the school will be will determine what I can suggest to you.

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Likely To Call Off Suspended Strike Friday / Book Review: On The Wings Of The Killer Birds / Apply To York University, Canada – Fully Funded Bsc, Msc & Phd Scholarships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.