Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month (974 Views)

Abroad Guys: Would You Relocate Back To Nigeria If Given $40k / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Just Before You Leave Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by Pod443300: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
Would you remain in Nigeria if you can earn $5000 on a monthly basis? Answer yes or no with reason.
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by 3verblazing(m): 1:49pm On Oct 02, 2022
I'm earning $5000 in nigeria, and I'm thinking of relocating? Lol. It doesn't make sense.
What is the point of relocating when I'm earning more than most citizens abroad in my father's land?

I'm not earning upto that yet, but even with what I earn now, I don't feel the need to relocate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by TollMind: 2:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
The only reason I would want to relocate outside Nigeria if I was earning $5000( not Naira equivalent) could be because of insecurity nothing else, I could get good health care here even if it’s expensive, with poor electricity supply I could get my inverters going, less tax, good climate, if we all are financially free, we would see more reasons to develop this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by ibechris(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2022
I earn 3200 equivalent and I don't even have passport let alone thinking of relocating to another state or country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by pansophist(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2022
Yes, but more of ''one leg in, one leg out''

Secure and solidify your earnings, to be location independent if possible. Then secure residency elsewhere, for immediate japa, just in case. Nigeria is sweet to live in when you know you can just book a flight and leave tomorrow if mosquitoes bite you.

So do not put all your eggs in one basket. Money is useless if it is not utilized to make your life better. So use your money to buy options, and maybe another passport. Before the war, Ukraine used to be a place where with 1500 USD, you can register a business there and receive a residence permit, and after five years, you can become Ukrainian, with a passport to travel all around the world visa-free.

There are other countries that still do that (e.g Panama, Serbia, Hungary), so explore these options. But don't abandon your work to slave abroad. Even in Scandinavian countries, most people earn around 3000 euros. With 5000 USD monthly, Nigeria can be heaven, but only if Nigeria is not your only option.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by SavageBoy: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2022
pansophist:

Secure and solidify your earnings, to be location independent if possible. Then secure residency elsewhere, for immediate japa, just in case. Nigeria is sweet to live in when you know you can just book a flight and leave tomorrow if mosquitoes bite you.

So do not put all your eggs in one basket. Money is useless if it is not utilized to make your life better. So use your money to buy options, and maybe another passport. Before the war, Ukraine used to be a place where with 1500 USD, you can register a business there and receive a residence permit, and after five years, you can become Ukrainian, with a passport to travel all around the world visa-free.

There are other countries that still do that (e.g Panama, Serbia, Hungary), so explore these options. But don't abandon your work to slave abroad. Even in Scandinavian countries, most people earn around 3000 euros. With 5000 USD monthly, Nigeria can be heaven, but only if Nigeria is not your only option.

Would you hesitate to stay in Nigeria if you had a job that paid like $10K a month?
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by pansophist(m): 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
SavageBoy:

Would you hesitate to stay in Nigeria if you had a job that paid like $10K a month?

Jesus man, what do you take me for? I can live really well in Nigeria for less than 20% ( equivalent of 1.7M naira) of that monthly. So with 10k, of course yes.

But even more brilliantly, I'll just live with my parents/sibling house and use probably 9k out of the 10k to invest in numerous entrepreneurial project I have in mind.

I'm fruggal by nature, and don't spend money on reckless things. So even 1k monthly is even enough for me. But just giving me 10k to ball monthly in naija, na overnight alpha male na grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by SavageBoy: 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2022
pansophist:

Jesus man, what do you take me for? I can live really well in Nigeria for less than 20% ( equivalent of 1.7M naira) of that monthly. So with 10k, of course yes.

But even more brilliantly, I'll just live with my parents/sibling house and use probably 9k out of the 10k to invest in numerous entrepreneurial project I have in mind.

I'm fruggal by nature, and don't spend money on reckless things. So even 1k monthly is even enough for me. But just giving me 10k to ball monthly in naija, na overnight alpha male na grin

This doesn't sound like the pansophist that has been encouraging us to japa grin
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by Prolificgiant(m): 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
Relocate to go and do what now,me that i look forward to expanding more on my business ,fund is just my constraint.
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by pansophist(m): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
SavageBoy:

This doesn't sound like the pansophist that has been encouraging us to japa grin

The scope of this question is different, so I answered accordingly. Different strokes for different folks.

If you're broke scatter, with nothing going for you in naija, then my dear comrade, japa when the opportunity arises. But if you're making 5k usd a month, you'll be an idiot to kill that source of income and leave.

Hence I hinted that he should try to be location independent and have options. I mean, of what use is your money if it doesn't directly benefit your life? Money is not the end result, money is just a tool to the end.

So if a person is sick and wealthy, and refuses to spend his money on his health, the person is stupid. With the way naija is going, anyone on that earning bracket should secure options outside Nigeria.

Learn from your politicians, celebrities, and pastors. They have houses abroad, their kids studies abroad and have reserve cash to leave naija the next six hours by booking emergency flight. Some sickness can't be cured in Nigeria if naija is your cash cow, so you must have plans to leave immediately.

10 Likes

Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by SavageBoy: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2022
pansophist:

The scope of this question is different, so I answered accordingly. Different strokes for different folks.

If you're broke scatter, with nothing going for you in naija, then my dear comrade, japa when the opportunity arises. But if you're making 5k a month, you'll be an idiot to kill that source of income and leave.

Hence I hinted that he should try to be location independent and have options. I mean, of what use is your money if it doesn't directly benefit your life? Money is not the end result, money is just a tool to the end.

So if a person is sick and wealthy, and refuses to spend his money on his health, the person is stupid. With the way naija is going, anyone on that earning bracket should secure options outside Nigeria.

Learn from your politicians, celebrities, and pastors. Their have houses abroad, their kids studies abroad and have reserve cash to leave naija the next six hours by booking emergency flight. Some sickness can't be cured in Nigeria if naija is your cash cow, so you must have plans to leave immediately.

I get your point chief.
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by Ndaife: 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2022
Is it possible to earn such amount of money here Nigeria?
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by obontami: 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
pansophist:

Your head too correct. I like people wey dey reason intelligently.

1 Like

Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by ghettochild(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2022
I would send my wife n kids abroad so they could have a better life..
And thats if they ok with me visiting once in about 4 months
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by Limassol(m): 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Pod443300:
Would you remain in Nigeria if you can earn $5000 on a monthly basis? Answer yes or no with reason.
which is invaluable, your life or $5k?
Re: Would You Leave Nigeria If You Make 5000usd A Month by Pod443300: 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2022
Limassol:
which is invaluable, your life or $5k?
My life

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Ghana / Travel From The UK To The USA / Need A Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.