Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,213 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 (573 Views)

The Only Car Peter Obi Won't Enter For The Rest Of His Life (Photos) / Naja'atu: Peter Obi Is A Movement But Won't Win For Structural Reasons (Video) / Atiku Won't Win Delta State (My Personal Observation) - 4teenblaq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by AquaPetals(f): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2022
I would start by commending the supporters and fans of the "Obidient" movement. They have really changed the narrative by proving naysayers wrong that Obi supporters do not only reside on twitter but are actual and real individuals.
Peter Obi and by extension, Labour Party have seen unprecedented organic support growth. The likes of which have never been experienced in the Nigerian political ecosystem. I also get this feeling that PDP are regretting not having Obi within their grasps.
I was impressed by the massive turnouts for the rally held at various locations within Nigeria. It shows that the people are fed up with the status quo.
However, how many of these Peter supporters actually have PVCs or have registered? Showing strong support both online and offline do not translate to election victory. Some of these supporters are actually saying Obi should be immediately sworn in! I find this quite laughable, to say the least.
In recent research, I carried out (mostly from interviews and questionnaires to "Obidients"wink, I discovered that 90% percent of these fans would likely not vote for Peter Obi on election day. Why? due to the following:

1. No PVC
It's a no-brainer, PVC is the tool by which you walk your talk shout.
During the recent voter registration exercise, I had to take a week's leave from my workplace in order to register. My local Government was not involved with the exercise, so I had to wake up as early as 4 am every day in order to beat the queue at another location. I work in an organization of 50 employees located on the Lagos mainland. About 10 of them are indifferent towards presidential elections (they don't give a Bleep). Out of the 25 who show support for Peter Obi:
5 have PVCs but their polling units are somewhere in the east. They didn't apply for transfer so I wonder how they would vote on election day if they are still in Lagos.
5 have PVCs registered in Lagos locations but they already have concrete plans to "japa" between now and January 2023.
Out of the remaining 15, only 1 has a PVC and would vote here on election day.
The remaining 14 never registered because they were either too busy with work or too lazy to get up early and queue for registration.
On the other hand, the 15 employees who show support for Tinubu (my MD inclusive) have their PVCs ready and would vote for him on election day.
Also shocking to note: During my time in the queue to register, I noticed that those who were faithful to the cause were Tinubu supporters. These were made up of mostly market women and some not-so-decent men (commonly referred to as touts/agberos) . In fact, I saw an elderly woman who was in the queue, not for herself but for her son. He couldn't join early so she held a spot for him until he arrived.

2. Election day sharp practices
These include thuggery by opposition parties. Thugs could create insecurity and scare off obidients from voting.
Vote buying. We all know Lapour Party doesn't give "shishi".
Underage voting. The North has past records of this.

With these few points of mine, I want obidients not to be surprised if the 2023 presidency do not tilt towards their direction.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by 00FFT00(m): 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2022
So, 90% of Obi supporters no get PVC's and they are a union of cowards that Tinubu urchins will edge away from polling units on election day?.

Goan sleep. You no get sense.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Vulturereloaded: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2022
Lol. Double wahala for urchins.

6 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by trantayo: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
Obident movement is just gathering of Ibos all over Nigeria. However, they can never win election because only few of them have PVC. Also, where those people that have PVC registered, they would not be able to go their during the election day. In summary, Obident movement is just a canniva where people catch fun

4 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Conner44: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
trantayo:
Obident movement is just gathering of Ibos all over Nigeria. However, they can never win election because only few of them have PVC. Also, where those people that have PVC registered, they would not be able to go their during the election day. In summary, Obident movement is just a canniva where people catch fun

Delusions of a bonafide urchin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2022
Make the election come make we rest

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Afamed: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
Obi bingos go soon come for you now
Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by youngbabaj(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
40million peter obi march

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by BATified2023: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2022
trantayo:

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Afamed: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2022
trantayo:

Nothing to add to what you said. In my present location, where I came to do liitle official work not (South East) but in southern part, 100% of those shouting Obi are Igbos.

Obiediots movement remains a carniva, it will be over by Feb 2023

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by onatisi(m): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
Even a blind man knows that obi cannot win this election but he will definitely break and split the votes in the south . That is the plan . The north will vote for atiku ,they will always support their own ,the south west which supposed to be a strong base for APC will be split,obi will have his share likewise pdp and apc ,
The same willl go for other southern regions .
If obi continues like this he will definitely win in 2027
Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by LadyExcellency: 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2022
Campaign for your preferred candidate and leave Peter Obi and Obidients alone.

They have repeatedly said that they should be allowed to waste their votes. What aileth you MR Man?

ObiDatti is popular everywhere in Nigeria to the amazement of old cabals holding Nigeria down.

The Core Muslim North will be dysmistified come 2023 that elections can be won in Nigeria without their support and by so doing everybody will understand that every region is equal and important.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Tochi3(m): 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
Enough sef..wetin happen.. Na rallies oh..

Anyway it is not your winning sha. cheesy grin
Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Scribx: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2022
Afamed:

Nothing to add to what you said. In my present location, where I came to do liitle official work not (South East) but in southern part, 100% of those shouting Obi are Igbos.

Obiediots movement remains a carniva, it will be over by Feb 2023

It is all right to speculate, but never try to be ominous. You don't even know what's happening in the political space. You don't see the mistakes the big parties have been making to place PO at an advantage. You forget it's humans that vote and most humans are selfish. You have refused to see the protest votes that may go his way from the big players out of dissatisfaction. You are still not learning how a supposed underdog is being helped to prominence by the failures/mistakes of the older dogs.

Don't worry, when the unthinkable happens in 2023, call it the THE HAND OF GOD.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Omesbrit(m): 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2022
I don't waste my time on Nairaland creating threads or commenting u guys here are Anti Obi. Let Tinubu organise yesterday rally in Lagos and other locations the same day. Then u will know who has more support base. Next election is a paradigm shift.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by AquaPetals(f): 10:12am On Oct 03, 2022
Conner44:

Delusions of a bonafide urchin grin
Do you have your PVC? Would you earnestly come out to queue and vote Obi on election day?
Let's be real bro.
Only PVCs properly voted to OBi can make him win. And unfortunately, most of those in your rallies don't posses it.

Obidients should as a matter of urgency, scrutinize their fan base. To separate the actual noisemakers from the REAL voters.
Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Conner44: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2022
AquaPetals:
Do you have your PVC? Would you earnestly come out to queue and vote Obi on election day?
Let's be real bro.
Only PVCs properly voted to OBi can make him win. And unfortunately, most of those in your rallies don't posses it.

Obidients should as a matter of urgency, scrutinize their fan base. To separate the actual noisemakers from the REAL voters.

Oh so you’re trying to tell me that every single person supporting APC and PDP have their PVC’s and will come out to vote on Election Day meanwhile MOST OF OBIDIENTS DONT EVEN HAVE A PVC?

Is the above statements correct according to your logic? undecided I just want to understand the angle you’re coming from so I can send you on your way to the destination you want to get to cool
Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:43am On Oct 03, 2022
I don't understand o if peter obi doesn't win what does he have to lose. You have more to lose if tinubu wins the election. If you hate yourself so much don't you have any children grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by Modecaih: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2022
stay off weed son
Re: Why Peter Obi Won't Win In 2023 by excanny: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2022
So your think these end sars carryover activists will be afraid of APC and PDP thugs when they have soldiers pointing guns at them at Lekki toll gate without blinking an eye?

Oga Peter Obi is next President, no rigging and thuggery will stop that.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Professor Ishaq Akintola? / Video: Peter Obi "I Pulled 439 Million Out Of Poverty" / Shame On You - Dino Tells FFK As He Shared Video And Pictures Of Atiku In France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.