Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. (623 Views)

Peter Obi Slams Tinubu, Says 2023 Presidency Is Not The Turn Of Anybody / Presidency: It Is The Turn Of North Central, Says Saraki / It’s The Turn Of North-central To Produce President — Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by sirjamesjnr(m): 11:28am On Oct 03, 2022
If any tribe should feel entitled and stake their claim to the Presidency, chanting, “Emi lokan,” it’s the Igbo that should – even though the federation has grown suspicious of them since the January 1966 coup and the July 1966 retaliatory counter-coup, yet the Nigerian political knee has been hard on the Igbo neck, making breathing difficult.

It’s in this light that the psychology of Obi’s quest for the presidency is mainly backed by the Igbo vociferously. In Nigeria’s political demography, however, the South-East region possesses the least voter population among the three main regions whose indigenes are contesting. Inarguably, the Igbo, being itinerant, have presence in all states of the federation, but there’s no state where they outnumber the natives. As a Nigerians therefore, allowing Peter Obi to become president is necessary for both justice and equity. It is morally correct to do so.

I know other groups have a high level of distrust towards Igbos in governmental positions. This is primarily because of the civil war. Some believe that Igbo do not regard themselves as Nigerians, but rather as Biafrans, and that they will utilize the highest office in the land, the presidency, to destabilize the country and attempt another secession.

Personally, I don't think they'll want to abandon Nigeria's booming population, free market, and oil in the Niger Delta and stay in a landlocked small dot that can be washed away by common erosion. Again, Nigeria is the center of sovereignty. All of these letters to the globe and petitions to the United Nations are making a lot of noise. Only Nigeria has the ability to abolish itself.

There are eccentrics who desire "freedom" in every country in the globe. As long as they follow the rules, they are amused. Once they start acting violently, nations band together to deny them recognition so as not to create an unfavorable precedent.

Permitting Peter Obi to become president will soothe the ndi Ibo's nerves. It will also strengthen our democracy. The world will view Nigeria as a country where using common sense pays well.
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by Bellfun(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2022
Your last paragraph... A contradiction!

'Permitting Peter Obi.....strengthen our democracy'...how?

Victory in any democratic system(either rigged or fair election) must be 'worked' for! Not by 'permission'!

2 Likes

Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by sirjamesjnr(m): 11:51am On Oct 03, 2022
Bellfun:
Your last paragraph... A contradiction!

'Permitting Peter Obi.....strengthen our democracy'...how?

Victory in any democratic system(either rigged or fair election) must be 'worked' for! Not by 'permission'!
Due to the cruel killing of his brother, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua received compensation. In order to establish peace with the Southwest, Obasanjo was released from prison and MAKE president. We Nigerians were allowed to elect Goodluck Jonathan as president so that we could keep stealing oil from the Niger Delta. What tribes run for president when? Read some of my threads to see that I may not share a bed with most Igbo, but I still support justice.

1 Like

Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by haffaze777(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2022
Oya beg us if you want us to vote for him.
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by mycar: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
haffaze777:
Nobody needs to beg anybody, it's left for you to decide, we all have limited time to live, If peter becomes the president that won't change the fortune of every igbo man, whatever benefit or loss that comes with it trickles down to everybody, everybody will enjoy or suffer it together, the only difference is that nobody will accuse another innocent person of crime he or she did not commit. secondly, it will open doors for other tribes too to try their chance in presidency, life is turn by turn, if it wasn't so, why did APC zone their ticket to south, does it mean that there is no other northerner more qualified than Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by haffaze777(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
mycar:

Nobody needs to beg anybody, it's left for you to decide, we all have limited time to live, If peter becomes the president that won't change the fortune of every igbo man, whatever benefit or loss that comes with it trickles down to everybody, everybody will enjoy or suffer it together, the only difference is that nobody will accuse another innocent person of crime he or she did not commit. secondly, it will open doors for other tribes too to try their chance in presidency, life is turn by turn, and if it wasn't so, why did APC zone their ticket to south, does it mean that there is no other northerner more qualified than Tinubu?

You no go beg me abi? Okay I won't vote for him if you people refuse to beg me.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by mycar: 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2022
haffaze777:

You no go beg me abi? Okay I won't vote for him if you people refuse to beg me.
grin grin grin grin
In as much as I am a lover of peace and progress, I don't think anyone needs to beg you to come out of your comfort zone and try out something new especially when the one you used to know is not working, hence some people are more successful than other.
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by sirjamesjnr(m): 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2022
haffaze777:
Even though Peter Obi isn't flawless, he is still the best option out of the three alternatives. Please vote wisely.

1 Like

Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by haffaze777(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
Even though Peter Obi isn't flawless, he is still the best option out of the three alternatives. Please vote wisely.

Thanks jare, I will vote wisely
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by haffaze777(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2022
mycar:

grin grin grin grin
In as much as I am a lover of peace and progress, I don't think anyone needs to beg you to come out of your comfort zone and try out a something new especially when the one you used to know is not working, hence some people are more successful than the other.

Okay nigbayengrin
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by Bellfun(m): 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
Due to the cruel killing of his brother, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua received compensation. In order to establish peace with the Southwest, Obasanjo was released from prison and MAKE president. We Nigerians were allowed to elect Goodluck Jonathan as president so that we could keep stealing oil from the Niger Delta. What tribes run for president when? Read some of my threads to see that I may not share a bed with most Igbo, but I still support justice.

For all you mentioned above, and the so-called 'injustice' suffered by the South East, maybe you should look towards the PDP! Let's be realistic, the SE carried PDP on their head like gala,but has never being considered for the presidency by the same party! Are you telling me that the SE don't have any leverage to hold PDP by their 'blokos'
Tinubu(a cofounder of APC) worked his ass out to win the party's primaries, he didn't just say 'emilokan' , he went all out to talk to delegates...this is politics!

As par Obj and GEJ, its still the same PDP overlooking its support base (South East)!
Moving forward, I think this forthcoming election will teach our leaders a lesson on Human Capacity Building, Networking across religion,ethnic and political divides, ability to always think deep and think ahead, performance in office and that there's no justice anywhere in politics!

Finally, prior to decamping to Labour Party,if the PDP had zoned its presidential slot to the south East, will Obi even be considered as a consensus Igbo presidential candidate? I doubt it!!!
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by yyba: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nigeria president is not for criminals.
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by Nwabueze22: 5:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
I really don't blame you talking rubbish because you are one of the ANIMALS in the Zoo called nigeria.The only way out is Biafra restoration nothing more nothing else
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by sirjamesjnr(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
Nwabueze22:
I really don't blame you talking rubbish because you are one of the ANIMALS in the Zoo called nigeria. The only way out is Biafra restoration nothing more nothing else
. Hope you are not living in Nigeria? If you are then you are beneath the zoo animals
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by sirjamesjnr(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
yyba:
Nigeria's president is not for criminals.
. Never use bad eggs among the Ibos to crucify all. Peter Obi is a good product, he will deliver.
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bellfun:

For all you mentioned above, and the so-called 'injustice' suffered by the South East, maybe you should look towards the PDP! Let's be realistic, the SE carried PDP on their head like gala,but has never being considered for the presidency by the same party! Are you telling me that the SE don't have any leverage to hold PDP by their 'blokos'
Tinubu(a cofounder of APC) worked his ass out to win the party's primaries, he didn't just say 'emilokan' , he went all out to talk to delegates...this is politics!

As par Obj and GEJ, its still the same PDP overlooking its support base (South East)!
Moving forward, I think this forthcoming election will teach our leaders a lesson on Human Capacity Building, Networking across religion,ethnic and political divides, ability to always think deep and think ahead, performance in office and that there's no justice anywhere in politics!

Finally, prior to decamping to Labour Party,if the PDP had zoned its presidential slot to the south East, will Obi even be considered as a consensus Igbo presidential candidate? I doubt it!!!
. Obi is contesting to be a Nigerian President, this is above party issues. It is Ibo's turn to be in Aso rock. I may not like their lifestyle but I am talking about justice.

1 Like

Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by yyba: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
. Never use bad eggs among the Ibos to crucify all. Peter Obi is a good product, he will deliver.
did my comments says ibos are criminal ?
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by cocolacec(m): 7:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
. Obi is contesting to be a Nigerian President, this is above party issues. It is Ibo's turn to be in Aso rock. I may not like their lifestyle but I am talking about justice.
if that is the case,it is also the turn of a bini man,Igala man,Kanuri,Nupe,Efik,ibibio,tangale,mumuye to be President of Nigeria.
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
cocolacec:

if that is the case, it is also the turn of a bini man,Igala man, Kanuri, Nupe, Efik, Ibibio, tangible, and mummy to be President of Nigeria.
. Nigeria has three major tribes. Two of the major tribes were compensated by the presidential office. It's the turn of the Ndi Ibo to produce a president if you believe in justice.
Re: It Is Now The Turn Of A Nigerian Of Ibo Descent To Be President. by cocolacec(m): 7:56am On Oct 04, 2022
sirjamesjnr:
. Nigeria has three major tribes. Two of the major tribes were compensated by the presidential office. It's the turn of the Ndi Ibo to produce a president if you believe in justice.
Nigeria doesnt revolve around major tribes alone.we had Regions after independence,Northern region,Western region,Mid western region and Eastern region.No President had emerged from Mid western region.Jonathan emerged from Eastern region.Nigeria's Presidency is not about tribe but competence_Yorubaland and the Niger Delta feeds Nigeria.It is only fair these two groups rule Nigeria from the South,i would have preferred Wike getting PDP Presidential ticket than Atiku.He who pays the piper dictates the tune.

(1) (Reply)

Scores Of APC Members Defect To PDP In Yobe (Pictures) / Inec Declares Peter Gregory Obi Winner Of 2023 Presidential Elections / 2023: Sokoto APC Coalition Support Group Dumps Party For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.