Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement (575 Views)

Landlord, Wife Cut Tenant's Face Over Quit Notice / Yuletide: Police Starts 24-hours Surveillance Of 3rd Mainland Bridge / Nigerian Police Starts #SupportSARS Campaign, See Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by irririchris(m): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
Someone sent this to me as he is in dire need of a free bono legal aid.
--------------------------------------------------------

Good morning sir.

I got a quit notice from my Landlord on 4th September, 2022 (which he back dated into April 2022) where he was asking me to move out by the end of October 2022(note that I'm a yearly tenant yet he gave me one month to quit)
My rent expired 30th of September, 2022 (few days ago).

He then reported the matter to the Police and the Police whom he has paid pretended to be resolving matter and created a written agreement of 2months to quit for me to sign, which I have not signed.

*My questions are:*
1. Was he right to have taken the matter to the Police rather than the Court?

2. Am I truly entitled by law to a 6months notice without payment or it's just an assumption people have?

3. Or do I go ahead and sign a 2months agreement (whether it's enough for me to prepare myself for getting a new place or not, because the clause says after two months he can throw me out)?

*Pls what do I do?*

Pls find attach Police agreement he made.

Thank you sir.
------------------------
The police station in question is : Ajuwon Police Station. Ogun State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by Creamypie(m): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
If you bring lawyer, police will deny involvement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by HolyMan12: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
Na social welfare the handle those matters and not police.

Your right as a tenant is to be given 3 months after the yearly rent expires to find a new place.

2 Likes

Re: When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by budaatum: 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
Seek legal counsel. It makes police shake.

2 Likes

Re: When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by Smith414: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
Creamypie:
If you bring lawyer, police will deny involvement
na the best advice you fit get be this, just find lawyer, police go back out ASAP, happened to me this year February, I refused to sign and I sued my landlady, the matter still dey court and I never still pay till date

1 Like

Re: When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by irririchris(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
Lol.. Okay.. we work on that.. it's actually for a friend
Smith414:
na the best advice you fit get be this, just find lawyer, police go back out ASAP, happened to me this year February, I refused to sign and I sued my landlady, the matter still dey court and I never still pay till date
Re: When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by seandurse(m): 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2022
When next you see him, go closer as if you need to whisper Into his ear then pull a Mike Tyson on him. His brain will automatically reset. You deserve your six months by law if you're paying per annum.
Re: When Did The Nigeria Police Starts Drafting Quit Notice Agreement by irririchris(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2022
Hain! Bros, hin never reach that one na.. grin
seandurse:
When next you see him, go closer as if you need to whisper Into his ear then pull a Mike Tyson on him. His brain will automatically reset. You deserve your six months by law if you're paying per annum.

(1) (Reply)

You Can't Kill Me. - Apostle Johnson Suleman Survives Assasination / UNICAL Issues Alert On Impending Cult War, Kidnapping On Campus / Siblings Raise Alarm After Cash & Jewelry Are Stolen On A Qatar Flight (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.