Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,853 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. (4041 Views)

See The USB Cable I Bought At N500 (picture) / How You Can Differentiate Between 4G And 4G LTE Connectivity / Help - I Can't Share Files To Pc Via Usb Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by siofra(f): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
I saw this article on Facebook and I think it's very useful, so I've decided to share it here.

It not only shows you how to know a good cable from a bad one, it also shows you how to repair a bad cable.

Important Life Hack.

Do you know that most of those USB cords you've discarded because they started "touching" are actually still good?

If you have a USB cord that is "touching", don't discard or throw them away.

Instead of you spending another 1000 naira to buy a new cord, go and get those faulty ones and learn how to repair them.

To repair a faulty USB cord, is actually a piece of cake.

Get an office pin or needle and the cord that needs repair.

Go to where there's sunlight and look into that tiny space in the mouth of the cord (that part you insert into your phone).

You should see four to five tiny piece of iron strings arranged in series.

Now, take your pin or needle to the the last piece of iron on both edges.

Insert the pin into the first edge of the iron string, and raise it up a little, using the pin. Do same for the iron string at the other edge (raise it up a little). Be careful not to apply too much pressure.

Voila, your cord is back to life again!

Also, to know an original cord that will last long is very simple. There are two types of USB Cords in the market.

The one made of aluminum and the one made of Copper.

Aluminum cords always get faulty, but Copper cords last longer.

How to differentiate the two is quite simple.

An aluminum cord will not get attracted if you put a magnet near it. While a copper cord will get attracted.

So, always go with a tiny piece of magnet when going to get a cord or they'll sell aluminum cord for you at the same price of a copper cord.

©Kosi Ugo.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by God1000(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2022
Informative

2 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by WibusJaga: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2022

Sounds informative, but Copper & Aluminium are both non Magnetic.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Chaos14: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
Your misandry is not allowing your intelligence to shine.

9 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Michelle70(m): 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
the cord is copper the pin is aluminium o.

Btw, my poverty neva reach d level weh i go go through this stress just to repair cord.

I'd buy another one

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Onyeka90210(m): 9:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
Sapa nice one
Just Close eyes and buy original
You can use it till eternity
Except, your power supply is not regulated.
Or you're not careful with it.

8 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by BennyDGreat: 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2022
Michelle70:

Btw, my poverty neva reach d level weh i go go through this stress just to repair cord.

I'd buy another one

Lol..the stress no be for here

2 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by atheistandproud(m): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2022
siofra:
I saw this article on Facebook and I think it's very useful, so I've decided to share it here.

It not only shows you how to know a good cable from a bad one, it also shows you how to repair a bad cable.

You forgot to specify if the cord is a microUSB, mini USB or a USB type C cord.

All USB cords are not the same.

2 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Streett: 10:32pm On Oct 03, 2022
I just need me a stronger Oraimo cord weh Ah go take dey wipe Righteousness2 skull to sleep every night …

7 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Spnn(m): 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2022
atheistandproud:

You forgot to specify if the cord is a microUSB, mini USB or a USB type C cord.

All USB cords are not the same.
Oga you should know the one mr SAPAdinho is talking about.
undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Hopez456(m): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
Another trick to knowing original USB cable is the colour of the irons inside the two holes of the part you insert to the charger. As stated, copper lasts longer and charges faster, the two irons should be gold in colour and not silver. The silver colour is aluminum and doesn't last.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by jeromestarks: 2:39am On Oct 04, 2022
First ever reasonable post by this girl.

5 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 4:22am On Oct 04, 2022
siofra:

Bless you for this.

2 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Nairalander248: 7:00am On Oct 04, 2022
Streett:
I just need me a stronger Oraimo cord weh Ah go take dey wipe Righteousness2 skull to sleep every night …

It's only witches and wizards are always disturbed by the righteousness2...

Now we know who thou art shocked

6 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Robisky001(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2022
Okay, good. Now that we've known how to fix spoilt chargers and differentiate the original from the fake ones someone should now teach us how to fix bad earphones. Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by mespusinglez(m): 8:25am On Oct 04, 2022
WAHALA
Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Administration1: 8:42am On Oct 04, 2022
Chaos14:

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Zonefree(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2022
Chaos14:
Intelligence and Siofra are two words that should never be in one sentence. Who dash monkey banana undecided

7 Likes

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by faceland: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2022
Michelle70:

I'd buy another one

It's not 100% poverty. Inside I know that "mass produced made-in-China shit" is not worth 1k of my sweat.

1 Like

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Streett: 9:09am On Oct 04, 2022
Nairalander248:

It's only witches and wizards are always disturbed by the righteousness2...

Now we know who thou art shocked

Mongrel You go school so ? …..
Reconstruct that your bend bend “abcd” above then maybe I fit properly address Your future

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Nicepoker(m): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2022
A post from an unlikely individual. Even without stating you saw the article on Facebook I am 100% sure things like this can't come from you. grin
Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by JOACHINpedro: 9:33am On Oct 04, 2022
Thanks so much, i needed this info
Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Exxxgeee: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
Robisky001:
Okay, good. Now that we've known how to fix spoilt chargers and differentiate the original from the fake ones someone should now teach us how to fix bad earphones. Thanks!!!
I can teach u how to attach a detached earpiece.. Bt d question is hw much would u pay 4 it?
Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Aareakinwunmi(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
Good to read this.
Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Robisky001(m): 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2022
Exxxgeee:
I can teach u how to attach a detached earpiece.. Bt d question is hw much would u pay 4 it?
cheesy :DComrade he never reach like that.
Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Christiansimon: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
instead of all this one, just carry the cord and wipe it on your baby ass if she scream trust me it is original...grin grin
Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Costanza: 12:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Streett:
lol na this oraimo cord you need. E strong pass Putin heart

1 Like

Re: How To Differentiate Between A Good USB Cable And A Bad One. by Streett: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2022
Costanza:

lol na this oraimo cord you need. E strong pass Putin heart

G You do well jor ….

Righteousness, How You see am?

Your own don done again tonight!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brand New Xiamoni Mi 8 4gb Ram 64gb Ram / 100k Iphone Budget / Nigerian Android Games ----connect 3 Pro Download Now And Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.