Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? (436 Views)

Buhari Infection Of Covid-19 Was Caused By Illiteracy And Ignorance / US Vs Iran: Illiteracy And Poverty Is Killing Nigeria / Senator Rochas Okorocha: Illiteracy In The North Has Negative Impact On Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by Sergio103(m): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2022
Greetings all. Having analysed the opinion and belief of some sect in our domain..... I'm forced to create this thread.

The world we live in is fast shedding the sloughs of a primitive archaic norms. But it's like in our own part of the world, we are fast putting ourselves in the suit of the above vices. It's funny how we envy the good governance UAE......the digital based rule in Dubai but are actually vaunting an opposite trait that can at least earn us half of thier feat

As 2023 draws closer, it's actually good to point out some boasting factors of some of the contenders in the upcoming event.

A certain presidential candidate in recent months Said " It's only few northerners that are in social media". We feigned deaf ears and actually cheered him up. The northern part of the country kept mum on such a great flatulence rubbed to their face.

Currently also, a certain sect has been ringing some phrases/sentence to the ears of Nigerians like......"the real voters are in the market, We go shock you in election day, social media means all noise and so on.

But critically thinking over this, you do notice that this sect are actually banking on the unenlightened individuals that can be counter convinced easily because of their naivety.

Once you made mention of "Wisdom"...... you become an enemy.

My question now is....

Can a nation banking on illiteracy to shape it's political unfoldings ever move forward in our modern world??
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by lhordspy: 11:22am On Oct 04, 2022
Stop being naive Op.

Illiteracy has nothing, i repeat nothing in common with politics. People engage in politics to demand for a better life irrespective of how unlearned they are.

I choose not to use the word 'educated' because not going to school, or not been able to use the social media according to you doesnt really translate to illiteracy per say But it involves lacking of common sense and simple proper way of doing things.

The northerners you people tag illiterates demands and carry out most of their civic duties pass even you accusers, they come out in masses to votes,their voters turn-out is relatively encouraging more than you the learned ones that knows about the in and out of banking sectors and blah blah blah.

The thing is here, irrespective of the way you see Atiku statement, maybe because the truth in it hits you hards, and jotts you back to reality have the real political world away from social media buzz. But that is the main truth of it. Elections are not decided on social media, or by people with knowledge on banking sectors and the rest. But the 'common people' who demands for basic things of life. And the hard truth is that they are neither social media incline nor educated.

Shalom
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by Sergio103(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2022
The ASUU strike will actually still be useful in the nearest future cheesy

The more the illiterates......the more the hope of the elites
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by Sergio103(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2022
lhordspy:
Stop being naive Op.

Illiteracy has nothing, i repeat nothing in common with politics. People engage in politics to demand for a better life irrespective of how unlearned they are.

I choose not to use the word 'educated' because not going to school, or not been able to use the social media according to you doesnt really translate to illiteracy per say But it involves lacking of common sense and simple proper way of doing things.

The northerners you people tag illiterates demands and carry out most of their civic duties pass even you accusers, they come out in masses to votes,their voters turn-out is relatively encouraging more than you the learned ones that knows about the in and out of banking sectors and blah blah blah.

@bolded may actually be for you

Understanding the message of the thread is parallel to you huh??

Why has a particular sect always see the voiceferous enlightened folks as a threat to their course towards 2023

To your modified last paragraph.....
You should know better than in everyday cycle.....the uneducated folks of every society mostly wants to identity with the educated folks in terms of trending issues. The educated folks mostly give the unenlightened class the sight, who now diffuses this sight to even the remotest one's.

A good impact cannot be made if the uneducated one's leads first before the educated one's.

And this is actually how Nigeria is having it currently
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by Sergio103(m): 1:57pm On Oct 13, 2022
Why exactly did an accountant mogul miss a meeting that he should have controlled as his own arena??. grin

We are still on "banking on illiteracy for victory in Nigeria's politics"
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by tribalmall: 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2022
Many of your foolish Igbo never cease to amaze me.

States like Abia Enugu have high literate number and they don't g to market na Ebay una mama de sell so they should be enlightened n educated but how come same literate populace voted lunatic like Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Theodore Orji Kalu Orji Abaribe as leader. Plus, how many time will foolish igbos need to be told to remove the logs in your unwise Igbo father's eyes before tending to others.

Sergio103:
Greetings all. Having analysed the opinion and belief of some sect in our domain..... I'm forced to create this thread.

The world we live in is fast shedding the sloughs of a primitive archaic norms. But it's like in our own part of the world, we are fast putting ourselves in the suit of the above vices. It's funny how we envy the good governance UAE......the digital based rule in Dubai but are actually vaunting an opposite trait that can at least earn us half of thier feat

As 2023 draws closer, it's actually good to point out some boasting factors of some of the contenders in the upcoming event.

A certain presidential candidate in recent months Said " It's only few northerners that are in social media". We feigned deaf ears and actually cheered him up. The northern part of the country kept mum on such a great flatulence rubbed to their face.

Currently also, a certain sect has been ringing some phrases/sentence to the ears of Nigerians like......"the real voters are in the market, We go shock you in election day, social media means all noise and so on.

But critically thinking over this, you do notice that this sect are actually banking on the unenlightened individuals that can be counter convinced easily because of their naivety.

Once you made mention of "Wisdom"...... you become an enemy.

My question now is....

Can a nation banking on illiteracy to shape it's political unfoldings ever move forward in our modern world??
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by Sergio103(m): 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2022
tribalmall:
Many of your foolish Igbo never cease they amaze me.

States like Abia Enugu have high literate number and they don't g to market na Ebay una mama de sell so they should be enlightened n educated but how come same literate populace voted lunatic like Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Theodore Orji Kalu Orji Abaribe as leader. Plus, how many time will foolish igbos need to be told to remove the logs in your unwise Igbo father's eyes before tending to others.

If you are are a northerner....... please address this issues of "90% northerners ain't in social media" firstly.

If you are a westerner and APC......the second question in the thread is actually for you (on Tinubu missing in his area of study)

I don't understand @bolded tho
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by tribalmall: 2:24pm On Oct 13, 2022
It is not my problem that you Igbotic bigoted head can not read n comprehend. If you can you will understand that your Igbo mothers don't trade in market they do in super market n ebay Alibaba etc

Sergio103:

If you are are a northerner....... please address this issues of "90% northerners ain't in social media" firstly.

If you are a westerner and APC......the second question in the thread is actually for you (on Tinubu missing in his area of study)

I don't understand @bolded tho
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by Sergio103(m): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2022
tribalmall:
It is not my problem that you Igbotic bigoted head can not read n comprehend. If you can you will understand that your Igbo mothers don't trade in market they do in super market n ebay Alibaba etc

Ok.

Can you now answer the simple question I asked??
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by tribalmall: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2022
So those in the market in Alaigbo are illiterates ? I never knew this was the case. Anyway, here in the West market traders are well educated n hardly will you see any without primary education, those without have children with even more education so their choice is well informed in response to the performance of the candidate they see around them.

Why any foolish soul think market traders should be looked down upon is beyond me. On a personal note, I rate them ahead of every lunatic Ipob Igbo slaughtering your father n mother in Igboland over foolishness.

That is aside the number of lunatics n illiterate I met in Lagos parading as Ipob Igbo where as they should be parading as daft lunatics n criminals.

Sergio103:
Why exactly did an accountant mogul miss a meeting that he should have controlled as his own arena??. grin

We are still on "banking on illiteracy for victory in Nigeria's politics"

Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by Sergio103(m): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2022
tribalmall:
So those in the market in Alaigbo are illiterates ? I never knew this was the case. Anyway, here in the West market traders are well educated n hardly will you see any without primary education, those without have children with even more education so their choice is well informed in response to the performance of the candidate they see around them.

Why any foolish soul think market traders should be looked down upon is beyond me. On a personal note, I rate them ahead of every lunatic Ipob Igbo slaughtering your father n mother in Igboland over foolishness.

That is aside the number of lunatics n illiterate I met in Lagos parading as Ipob Igbo where as they should be parading as daft lunatics n criminals.

Guy wetin you smoke?? cheesy

I mean......you are very off from what we are discussing.

Okay

A simple question...

Why do you APC supporters mostly get frightened with media publicity??

Why do you normally say....."Online is all noise, where's the tech world accepted a certain person".

Are you banking on the gullibility of a certain sect??
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by tribalmall: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2022
The last two elections reveal you mistake bigots for voiceferous enlightened folks.

If not you will admit a section of the country consistute the majority of the noisemakers. Now juxtapose the noise from this region with good governance to reveal your noise is all about bigotry

Another way to prove my claim is ven when other region interest conform with this noise bigots the noise from the other region isn't so loud n senseless like that of this region of baboons n fools.

Example such as when SW SS SE NC supported Ebele. Did you see how it all went without insult n foolishness by a particular foolish tribe. Now compare that to how a particular foolish tribe is now insulting every living thing n none living thing cos the entire country reject the bigoted Pandora criminal they selected as candidate. Anyway Nigerians should vote wisely. Vote competence, vote one we can attest n see the quality of leadership he as exhibited over the years. Vote a leader that can mentor credible protege to take over from him, vote that person that can provide security to a robust economy with a state being rated among biggest economy in Africa. Vote vision, vote innovation.

Visions such as developing cities from land reclaimed from the ocean, vote transportation system as seen in Europe USA, vote rail. Where I come from they say half bread is beta than none, a vision that take 50 years to manifest is a trillion times beta than a vision that a leader never envisage.

Sergio103:

Why has a particular sect always see the voiceferous enlightened folks as a threat to their course towards 2023
Re: Illiteracy And Politics, A Way Forward?? by tribalmall: 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
The online you imply is it same online that voted in failures such as Ikpeazu Ugwuayi Abaribe etc

Sergio103:

Guy wetin you smoke?? cheesy

I mean......you are very off from what we are discussing.

Okay

A simple question...

Why do you APC supporters mostly get frightened with media publicity??

Why do you normally say....."Online is all noise, where's the tech world accepted a certain person".

Are you banking on the gullibility of a certain sect??

(1) (Reply)

Obidients Called Rinu Monkey, Ape And Gorilla For Asking Questions / We Can Repeat Lagos Success In Nigeria — Tinubu / Peter Obi Visits Flood Victims In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.