Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? (3786 Views)

FRAUDULENT BANKERS! Ecobank Employees Steal Customers N2.8million / Fraudulent SMS I Received Today (PHOTO) / ALERT: The Fraudulent “judge” Who Is After Saraki, Uncovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by Akolawole(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2006
@Ramono and Supaguy

Both of you have said it all.
Thanks and welcome to Naialand.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by sjam(f): 8:23pm On Mar 07, 2006
I come from the UK and am now working in Nigeria. When my friends and family were told that i would be coming to Nigera they all said that i should watch out for 419 because this country is so corrupt. Even when i speak to them on the phone they are scared to discuss certain things incase some fraudster is listening on the line to try and get some personal information. what upsets me is the so called Christians who lie in your face and feel that they are not doing anything wrong or those who dont feel bad about taking someone elses hard earned money. I cant wait to leave this place. Its got so much potential but there iss not a hope cry angry what a shame
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by Akolawole(m): 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2006
@Sjam

I am not sure if you are Half-Nigeria, full_Nigeria or non-Nigeria.

For us, who are Nigeria to the core, We prophesy hope to our country.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by babymine(f): 8:53am On Mar 08, 2006
Probably cos of the high rate of poverty in our Country. But its sure getting out of hand. sad
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by babymine(f): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2006
But not to worry. Its well cos God is in control! grin Nigeria is blessed and God's original plan for this Country MUST come to pass.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by IBBFan(m): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2006
@babymine

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by Reverend(m): 11:10am On Mar 10, 2006
What is that Babymine?

Civil War!
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by IBBFan(m): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2006
@Reverend

cheesy cheesy cheesy
and i thought you were supposed to be strong in prayers
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by afrobeat: 3:14pm On Apr 05, 2006
babymine:

But not to worry. Its well because God is in control! grin Nigeria is blessed and God's original plan for this Country MUST come to pass.
Akolawole:

@Sjam

I am not sure if you are Half-Nigeria, full_Nigeria or non-Nigeria.

For us, who are Nigeria to the core, We prophesy hope to our country.

Amen!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by akwaowoudo(m): 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2010
It is because of too much hunger in our land. Ibrahim Babangida, Lt. Sani Abacha, Olusegun Obasanjo and others ate our cake. Besides that, Ibrahim Babangida taught us fraudulent life.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by justwise(m): 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2010
Why are so many Nigerians are fraudulent? GREED!!!!! Some Nigerians are exremely greedy.

Our value system is gone, pls don't give me that poverty story line, call it GREED!!!
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by Sissy3(f): 2:29am On Apr 21, 2010
teju oso:

do u mean like fake stuff? one day i bought this 50cent p.i.m.p on hold up in osodi and when i played it i found it was ife bi eji owuro , not the record but it was sang with raw mouth no drums or instrument, seconds later the person was like oloriire to raa ko ba mi complete e. it was funny at first but later it's like where are we going in naija.

holly molly ROFTLAMOROFTLAMO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by Nobody: 2:31am On Apr 21, 2010
teju oso:

do u mean like fake stuff? one day i bought this 50cent p.i.m.p on hold up in osodi and when i played it i found it was ife bi eji owuro , not the record but it was sang with raw mouth no drums or instrument, seconds later the person was like oloriire to raa ko ba mi complete e. it was funny at first but later it's like where are we going in naija.
ROTFLMAO!!! I almost shiotted on myself when I read this!!! grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Fraudulent? by harakiri(m): 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2010
As much as i hate to re-affirm this, it's true. . .and I'm not talking about yahoo yahoo boys or politicians in particular.I'm talking about majority of Nigerians as a whole.There is this "na my turn to chop" mentality in almost everyone.Even religious sects (christian mostly) encourages this "na my turn to chop" fever.If someone gets a job somewhere and he/she isn't cutting corners from here and there, they are not happy with the job forgetting that somebody's business is suffering becos of their fraudulent activities.

I was very unfortunate to attend a "church service" at Lord's Chosen some years ago.During the testimony time, a woman came up to testify how God blessed her with N480 million in less than two weeks with Abuja contract.Everybody in 9ja knows what "contract" means. . .It's time to chop the moni. . .What really took me aback was the shameless cheering and clapping of hands from the congregation, pastors and choir.I was so ashamed.

It's everywhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mass Suicide!! See What These People Did To Themselves.(See Pictures) / I Joined Cult To Meet Davido, I Was Told He Is Member Of Aiye — Suspect / Boy, 2 Friends Die In His New Car While Returning From A Nightclub (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.