Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

How's Robotic Automation Impacting Warehouse Management? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How's Robotic Automation Impacting Warehouse Management? (183 Views)

Innoson Vehicle Upgrading To Robotic Machines(photos) / Rfid Warehouse Management System By Teso Tech / 5 Proven Strategies For Optimizing Warehouse Management (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How's Robotic Automation Impacting Warehouse Management? by EXIMA: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2022
Technology has had an impact on every industry, including warehouses. The rise of automated warehouse systems in recent years has increased efficiency and productivity. The use of robotics is one of the most recent trends in warehouse automation since they provide a lot of flexibility because you can program them to do specific tasks. This means you can quickly adapt them to changing warehouse needs. Here’s how robotic automation is currently affecting warehouse management:

Improved Warehouse Productivity

In 2021, a survey revealed that 20% of organizations were considering robotics for their warehouse operations to boost warehouse productivity. There are many benefits of deploying autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) such as increased accuracy and efficiency in product picking, packing, and shipping.

So, how does this work? Well, AMRs can move around warehouse floors with no human intervention. This means that they can pick up and transport items quickly and efficiently. This improved efficiency results in faster order fulfillment and fewer errors. AMRs can also automate other warehouse tasks such as inventory management and shelf restocking. This will allow employees to concentrate on tasks that add value to the company, such as customer service.

Intelligent Decision-Making

Decision-making is vital to the success of any business, but it is especially important in the fast-paced world of warehouse management. This is where adaptive robotic automation comes in. Adaptive robotic automation is a type of technology that makes data-driven decisions in real-time using artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). This can assist warehouse managers in optimizing their operations using facts and figures rather than gut instinct.

However, despite these potential benefits, there are some drawbacks as well. For example, implementing the technology can be costly and may necessitate significant changes to the warehouse infrastructure. Because adaptive robotic automation is still in its early stages of development, it is unclear how it will fare in the long run.

Speed up Order Fulfillment

By automating tasks like picking, packing, and shipping, robotic automation can help speed up order fulfillment. This can help improve warehouse efficiency and accuracy while also freeing up time for employees to focus on other tasks. This can result in both cost savings and increased productivity. Robotic automation can help to improve workplace safety by removing the need for employees to handle hazardous or heavy materials as well.

Learn More with EXIMA

EXIMA provides our users with access to everything they need to know about international trade, straight from the experts themselves. To get more helpful information like this, join our association today!

#EXIMA #roboticautomation #warehousing #warehousemanagement #roboticsbenefits

Re: How's Robotic Automation Impacting Warehouse Management? by riksss: 2:51am On Oct 07, 2022
Robotization of production is a really good solution for business. But it's still necessary that there be a responsible person who would control this mechanized process. I recently encountered the fact that due to excessive automation and the use of special equipment, the transport company that delivers my freight began to break the pallets that are the packaging of my freight and should guarantee its safety during transportation. I was lucky that the guys from another company where I use an intermediate warehouse service noticed this and offered me to restack pallets. This saved my goods from damage while loading them on another ship.

(1) (Reply)

Business To Invest In And Yeild Interest Within A Week Please I Need Urgent Sugg / Bank With Lots Of Benefits. / Ccc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.