Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,023 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:42 PM

Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi (403 Views)

Court Bars PDP From Conducting Congress In Rivers State / The Only Candidate That Can Save PDP From Defeat Is Dr Bukola Saraki / PDP Members Protest Against Saraki, Decamp To APC In Ilorin (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by FuckFuckPastor: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2022
Former Vice President and presidential candidate of the PDP for the 2023 elections Atiku Abubakar has received over 142,000 decampees from the All Progressive Congress (APC) and other opposition parties in Bauchi.

Atiku visited the state for the first time after emerging as the Flag-bearer of the PDP in the presidential primaries held in Abuja.

He was received by thousands of supporters of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), members of the Progressives Congress (APC) and other political parties in the state who decamped to the PDP at an elaborate event that was held at the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Township Stadium in Bauchi.

From the Bauchi International Airport, Atiku proceeded to the Emir of Bauchi Palace for a courtesy call before heading to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium where thousands of defectors awaited his presence, including the incumbent Speaker of the Bauchi State House of Assembly, Abubakar Suleiman, former Deputy Governor of the state, Audu Sule Katagum and a governorship Aspirant, Faruk Mustapha who decided to defect to the PDP.

The PDP presidential flag bearer congratulated the decampees for turning a new page in their political career, saying it is a good development that will bring a lot of gains for the PDP in 2023.

” We are here today to celebrate this great achievement in Bauchi state. I can recall the last time I was here, I saw the development the state recorded in all sectors and this stride was achieved under the administration of Bala Mohammed of the PDP”.

“Now you have a government is that is always progressing but you should always have this at the back of your mind that the politics in the North started from Bauchi State, that is why you must not treat Bauchi politics with levity. Today, we recorded another achievement of additional people to the party, but this is not the main campaign, we will still come back again, we came solely to receive our brethren who decamped from the APC” Atiku said.

In his remarks, the national chairman of the PDP while receiving the decampees, said the Northeast has not yet produced a president but today, God chose Atiku Abubakar who is a son of the Northeast to correct all the challenges bedevilling the nation and unify it.

He assured the decampees of level playing ground, saying that the PDP train is moving forward, hence everybody should come on board.

Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed assured the PDP Presidential Flag-bearer that the party in the state will support his candidature by going to every nook and crannies to mobilize votes that will count for the PDP.

“Mr Atiku, Bauchi people love you, they like you and they know what you can do, they believe in you and they believe in us. We are together as a team, we will mobilize in the PDP way, we will make sure we go to the nook and corners, and we assure you that we are not going to be humiliated. This time, all the people of Bauchi and the Northeast will vote for you and we will make sure that the vote counts”

“This is our time and the time of justice and equity to reverse the ugly trends. The people know you, you have mentored so many people, one of them our son is here, Senator Abdul Ningi. You are a godfather to so many people, so I am assuring you that Bauchi is one, don’t listen to detractors, and mischievous people, we are all behind the PDP and you. We must prove all the doubting Thomas wrong” he said.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/05/over-142000-politicians-decamp-to-pdp-from-apc-in-bauchi/

Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Winnermindset(f): 6:52pm On Oct 05, 2022
2013 may go down as the most tribalistic election in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
How Tinubu and His Supporters Turned Killer IPOB. To Discredit Obi
While I think it's necessary to allow Tinubu and his bunch of deluded supporters wallow in their foolishness, it's important to call them their real names. Nigerians are just realizing how devilish and desperate Tinubu can be, taking the forms of any evil to win election. Why such desperation?
Recently, internet was flooded with accusations linking Tinubu to the killings in the east. I couldn't take it seriously but I was shocked when Nigerian Army published that evil people hide under Biafra agitations to kill innocent people in the east. I have no doubt that Tinubu may have a hand in the killings having promised to fight dirty.
Now, who is foolish? Is the person dividing and setting southern Nigeria on fire because of 2023 or the person trying to solve the heavy problem facing us? Is it a divided, chaotic Nigeria you want or a peaceful united one? Away from Tinubu's bad health condition, everything about his campaigns and supporters were either igbos, IPOB this or that or tribalism. How necessary is that now? Is it part of fighting dirty? How can we trust such person to lead a multi-ethnic Nigeria without creating a disaster? Nature has challenged Tinubu and his condition is getting worse. He should learn. While I don't see Obi's supporters make disparaging comments about Yoruba, I'm shocked anybody who supports Obi is either called an Igbo or IPOB. Imagine some of us from Benue who say no to this APC madness being called igbos. It doesn't speak well of Tinubu and his supporters if that's their mentality or the direction he has provided. I want them to know we follow every discourse and Tinubu has failed woefully by tribalising the campaign instead of uniting his southern people.
Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Mraphel: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
E go better make hausa people decamp to APC to plz their Fulani candidate. A real hausa man cannot win presidential but Fulani can
Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Trinitycian: 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
Today na really bad day for Tinubu urchins grin

1 Like

Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Urheadmaster(m): 7:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
Later APC we say they lost the election because Atiku took all of their formal agbadorian urchins to PDP tongue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Tomek09(m): 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Atiku might coast home to victory if care is not taken.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Timatayo1: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
Atiku is coming I have seen this since beginning of this year
Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
Emi lokan brigades......una see una life?
Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Kingspin(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2022
They will still decamp again just wait for another party rally.

INEC be careful votes and rallies are not the same.
Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
The op and the 42k decampees dey mad.
Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Trinitycian: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2022
Revolution2022:
The op and the 42k decampees dey mad.

Lol, e pain you. Meanwhile, it's 420k not 42k
Re: Over 142,000 Politicians Decamp To PDP From APC In Bauchi by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2022
Trinitycian:

Lol, e pain you. Meanwhile, it's 420k not 42k
How you take count them?All this una politricks for attention is not good for the country.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Consistent Presidential Candidate In 2023 General Election / Sola Kafinta, Alleges Threat To Life, Says 'peter Obi's Evangelism Is Giving The / IPOB Members Celebrate While Malami Says He Will Not Release Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.