Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Rig At Cms? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rig At Cms? (2280 Views)

How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / How PDP/APC Rig Elections: Ekiti Rigging Meeting Leaked Audio - SaharaReporters / Oil Rig at Marina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rig At Cms? by psychu: 10:34am On Aug 16, 2011
Just passed through CMS and saw something that looks like a rig.
Re: Rig At Cms? by Remii(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2011
not at cms, but at apapa dock, it is jack up rig on maintenance.
Re: Rig At Cms? by psychu: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2011
it looked like an oil rig to me. Just curious, what are they maintaining?
Re: Rig At Cms? by Remii(m): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2011
lol, yes, it is an oil drilling rig. They are at the dock to carry out PM preventive maintenance on the rig itself All heavy equipment do that on schedule. They used to go to Limbe in Cameron or Port Gentle in Garbon but Nigerian content is making sure they stay in Nigeria as much as possible now.
Re: Rig At Cms? by johnie: 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
I saw the rig yesterday and thought the militants or Boko Haram guys were at work.

Here's a picture of the rig on the Lagos Marina as seen from the top of the bridge.

Re: Rig At Cms? by johnie: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2011

Re: Rig At Cms? by freezy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2011
Since the rig is here, they should check for oil na, lipsrsealed

Funny, was in Limbe sometimes last year and the place looked predominantly like a farmer's zone to me. Didn't know they had the capacity to maintain such heavy equipment.
Re: Rig At Cms? by Remii(m): 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2011
@psychu, if the one you saw is pictured up there, that is a semi submersible, used to drill in fairly deepwater environment (>500ft) jack up has three legs sticking up.
Re: Rig At Cms? by efisher(m): 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2011
Yeah, What is in d picture is more like a semisubmersible rig. It's just like the deepwater horizon that was involved in the BP Macondo blowout. I wonder what it's doing there other than being in transit! I do not think that is the appropriate place for carrying out maintenance on such facility.
Re: Rig At Cms? by Remii(m): 8:32pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^ it may be on transit awaiting custom papers, TIP (temporary import permit. It can also be maintenance. Most maintenance other that dry dock can be done in Lagos.
Re: Rig At Cms? by identified(m): 12:18am On Aug 17, 2011
@Remii i was wondering when u called it a jack-up oh lol. It's definitely a semi-sub
Re: Rig At Cms? by Remii(m): 4:47am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^ that semi must just get there few days ago. the last time I drove by, a jack up was there and it is still there at Ladol dockyard, I know that definitely.
Re: Rig At Cms? by identified(m): 5:33am On Aug 17, 2011
@remii oh ok seen, these Ladol guys r trying sha
Re: Rig At Cms? by Remii(m): 5:56am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^ they are really trying, that is what Nigerdock should do. get refurbished and upgraded to be able to handlle those PMs in Nigeria. That will create a lot of business for artisans and material suppliers just as they have in places like Limbe, Port gentile, Shahaja and other places these MODUs go for repairs.
Re: Rig At Cms? by identified(m): 6:21am On Aug 17, 2011
@remii is nigerdock a private owned company
Re: Rig At Cms? by Remii(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2011
Nigerdock is a PLC.

www.nigerdock.com
Re: Rig At Cms? by drone99(m): 8:09am On Apr 15, 2015
Its a jackup rig.

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Disease {photos}. / Tambuwal Storms NASS Without Security Details / Buhari Picks Osinbajo - Fashola steps Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.