Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,989 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? (1088 Views)

N150,000 Job Or Fully Funded Scholarship For Masters In Malaysia / Should I Quit The Job. Please Help I Am Lost? / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by SolarEngr(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2022
Firstly, I say a big thank you for creating time to read this...

A quick one. My twin brother and I got Jobs late August with a Chinese Solar Company in Lagos, our job descriptions is to repair Inverters etc. and also do Solar Installations, we're yet to collect our first salary which was supposed to be paid today but was delayed (they said it network issues).

Introduction... So you can understand better.
We've our own registered Solar Company we've been growing since August last year before ASUU strike and we've overseen over 30 successful projects (we're both Electrical and Electronics Engineering students of University of Ibadan) but due to the non constant rate of getting jobs and ASUU strike we went for the company job so as not to be Idle.

Two weeks after our employment we learnt that the company has cancelled the Installation department (due to.....) so we're now all in Repair department, we're sad at this news because one of the major reasons we joined the company was to feature in bigger installations like 100KVA....

Another problem we're facing is transportation, we both spend an average of #3,000 on transportation and feeding daily (Lunch only).

The company makes deduction for offences like coming late and being absent, #300 and #4,000 respectively, meanwhile, we are chronic late comers owing to the traffic.

On the other hand, we do miss some days in order to execute our personal solar Installations, although the work schedule is Monday to Saturday, 8:30am to 6pm, We're able to get every Saturday off but it's not enough, last month, we had our highest number of Installation(pratonage) and we did all perfectly despite the far distance and we missed a total of 4 days excluding Saturdays after a month.

It's Salary time today, they will be deducting 4 × #4,000 = #16,000, that's #44,000 left already excluding late coming fee. After doing the calculation, we didn't even break even, we lose.
Meanwhile, from our own personal Installations we got 2 times our Salary put together (#240K).

Should we continue the Job or STOP?

If we QUIT, we'll focus on growing our own company, get more patronge and invest in physical and online advertisement.

Thanks for your contribution in anticipation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by chatinent: 9:56am On Oct 06, 2022
I'll advise you just pay for adverts. It saves the stress.

4 Likes

Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by SolarEngr(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
We were later paid today.

With a deduction of #21K each.

And that's the end of our story there.

We will focus on ourselves.

Patronise us pls, thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by Trill1(m): 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
We buy bad inverter batteries and offer Affordable Solar Installation plans as low as #110K.

May God bless you as you Patronise us.
Check our signature or profile for contact.
Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by gabemuyi: 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Deduction of 21k is 2 much oo
Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by aylive02(m): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2022
This is how to define wickedness. With what you put up there, the sky is the starting point for you guys and I am proud of you. Read the story of Soichiro Honda, the owner of the Honda Car company. I am sure you will be more inspired. God bless you in all your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by SolarEngr(m): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
aylive02:
This is how to define wickedness. With what you put up there, the sky is the starting point for you guys and I am proud of you. Read the story of Soichiro Honda, the owner of the Honda Car company. I am sure you will be more inspired. God bless you in all your endeavors.

Thanks so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by Neduzze5(m): 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2022
I need an installation done in Port Harcourt.
Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by CyberHustle: 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
Great mindset there. Wont the job affect your lectures?
Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by SolarEngr(m): 7:34am On Nov 14, 2022
Neduzze5:
I need an installation done in Port Harcourt.

You can contact us on WhatsApp, you can find our contact on our signature.
Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by SolarEngr(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2022
CyberHustle:
Great mindset there. Wont the job affect your lectures?

It does, so we now work on weekends only.
Thanks for your kind words.
Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by SolarEngr(m): 9:08am On Nov 29, 2022
Update on our progress.

Last month (October) we had our all time high patronage per month, 11.

This month, academical activities have been choking, so we had little engagement, although we did a significant project.

Thanks to everyone that commented, also everyone that took their precious time to read our story, God bless you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Quit The #60,000 Job We Just Got? by yinkeys(m): 11:02am On Oct 27, 2023
Hands-on experience of the market even before graduation
Media campaigns, publicity, political/business networks, mini-contracts from schools & institutions etc is what would skyrocket your business
University of Ibadan engineering college is a tough school to get into.
Probably the best school in the country
You guys work hard I must confess.
Wondering how you cope full time with academics and running around to deliver top notch jobs without your studies taking a hit.
The initial phase of entrepreneurship is the hardest they say
No better module for personal development as one’s weakness is easily exposed.

(1) (Reply)

Systems Engineering / Are You A Young Graduate Of Accounting And Marketing / Alf Legislative Internship Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.