Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,312 members, 7,850,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Meter Bypass By Neighbour - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Meter Bypass By Neighbour (691 Views)

Boy Narrowly Escapes Being Used For Ritual By Neighbour In Imo / Woman Digs Herself Out Of Grave After Being Beaten And Buried Alive By Neighbour / Woman Whose Daughter Was Raped By Neighbour Sent To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Duduink03: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2022
Hi, my neighbour bypassed his prepaid meter, IBEDC came after several times and said nothing, then suddenly they came with claims that my neighbour and I have to pay the penalty fee which I said no way and also they claimed they won't check to know who did it... This is annoying, I sense something fishy here. It's a rented apartment,a twin flat . Please help me, how do I fight this? Thank you
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by ibechris(m): 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
U can't fight it but to pay whatever cost u are given.
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Duduink03: 12:51pm On Oct 06, 2022
But doesn't paying mean, accepting what I never did? There should be a way they can catch the thief but it seems the guy bribed them. My rent is not due yet so I can't leave like that. What is Nigeria becoming?
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by ceejayluv(m): 12:52pm On Oct 06, 2022
Are you using the meter jointly?

1 Like

Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Duduink03: 12:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
There are 4 semi detached flats in the compound, each with it's meter. But the connection of meter 3 and 4 were connected in a confusing way (by IBEDC themselves). The IBEDC staff was even angry that the guy promised to give him something but hasn't so he will disconnect both meters
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Duduink03: 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2022
I don't know what they did there but it doesn't add up. They know the guy did it but they were telling me to give them something too.
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Duduink03: 1:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
ibechris:
U can't fight it but to pay whatever cost u are given.
the fault isn't from my meter so why are they trying to rob me?

1 Like

Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Duduink03: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2022
ceejayluv:
Are you using the meter jointly?
not at all, different flats with separate meter. They said I should just give them something. I don't want to because I didn't do the bypass
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by ceejayluv(m): 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2022
Duduink03:
not at all, different flats with separate meter. They said I should just give them something. I don't want to because I didn't do the bypass
They should get out in that case...

Contact the Area or zonal Manager or send a mail to the Disco. what nonsense.
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 06, 2022
You have to give those boys something.Otherwise,you will pay a huge penalty when bedc office finds out.
Duduink03:
Or take pictures or video of your own meter as evidence in case you are charged to court for trespassing.
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by ibechris(m): 1:14pm On Oct 06, 2022
Duduink03:

If both of u aren't using same metre,u can't be charged but if it is from one metre,there is nothing u can do about it
Re: Meter Bypass By Neighbour by Thomthom(m): 6:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
I no get this gist I leaved in a house that is 4 flat... Everyone has his Prepaid meter... so if one decide to bypass and he's caught, what concerns me,.. Abi you self do small bypass... But that does not mean that all this Electricity staffs are not corrupt and dubious

(1) (Reply)

China Opens ‘Police Station’ In Nigeria / Kidnappers Selling Human Parts Abduct LASPOTECH Undergraduate! / Simon Ekpa Is A Terrorist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.