Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation (252 Views)

FRSC Job Applicants To Write JAMB Test / Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? / N-Build Applicants To Commence Physical Verification Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation by EDhims(m): 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
Please an old friend of mine who is currently based in Lagos requested for my CV and other documents which I sent him. He said he wanted to speak to his boss concerning me if I can be part of those they are going to recruit into the company. After about a month, he called to inform of the date of the interview and asked him why didn't they send me an email or SMS requesting I attend their interview but he said I didn't follow the normal application channel and am being considered for the job based on slot/recommendation. That it's on the said day of interview his boss will introduce me as his candidate.
Now over to what has been bordering me. He said upon successful interview, I am expected to proceed to do some documentation for which those documentation is what will allow me access into the company offices and staff apartments and that the total expenses will amout to about 500k to get the documentation done. He listed the following as part of the documentation; international passport (which I already have but he said the company will provide another with their seal on it), company ID, and other documents I did t border to ask much.
Please my question to the house; Is it possible for a company to request about 500k from a new employee to process his documentation that will allow him access to the company facilities? Or this a new scheme to steal people's money in the guess of offering him a job?.

Please help a brother for I get scammed
Re: Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation by slimdel91: 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
Scam,
Unfriend that your friend

2 Likes

Re: Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation by EDhims(m): 1:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
slimdel91:
Scam,
Unfriend that your friend
Thanks.
Re: Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation by worldclass68(m): 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2022
International passport having company seal cheesy
Imagine 500k for documentation shocked when u re not buying fed.govt slot.
How much the salary go come be ooo

Ut friend no even sabi scam sef...
Re: Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation by EDhims(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
worldclass68:
International passport having company seal cheesy
Imagine 500k for documentation shocked when u re not buying fed.govt slot.
How much the salary go come be ooo

Ut friend no even sabi scam sef...

Hmmm. Thanks,

(1) (Reply)

Security And Driver Vacancies / What Skills Can You Teach Someone For Free? / Female Receptionist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.