Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? (750 Views)

Who Has MTN Volte Enabled On Their Phone? / Has Mtn Lumos Electricity Fold? / How To Switch From 3g To 2g On Gionee M6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by thesolutions(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
I noticed that when 4 G came, 3G network became useless and frustrating.
Now 5G has come and it seem that frustration is back.
Opening a simple web page has become a herculean task for a 4G network on MTN.

To dowload a movie of 200mb, you will see 4 hours remaining. this is same 4G Network with download speed of 3mbps. Now, I am stuck with 300kbps max.

5 Likes

Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by HolyMan12: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
Normal grin
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by Seyilome(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
I noticed this too. I could remember that 2g was doing well untill 3g came and 2g couldntvopen a page, then 4g came and it render 3g useless... The trend goes on, they are just changing names on the phones internet display

1 Like

Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by Jennynexx22: 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2022
Seyilome:
I noticed this too. I could remember that 2g was doing well untill 3g came and 2g couldntvopen a page, then 4g came and it render 3g useless... The trend goes on, they are just changing names on the phones internet display

This post is ignorant back in the day audio was like hundred kilobytes but now a simple audio file on Spotify is like 9 MB. Movies used to be like 40mb now they are at least 1GB for HD, so how do you expect it 2G to download an audio of 9MB and expect 3G to download 1GB fast? websites have become bigger with more files and multimedia so it’s not the fault of the network.
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by Parachoko: 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
thesolutions:

To dowload a movie of 200mb, you will see 4 hours remaining. this is same 4G Network with dowload speed of 3mbps. Now, I am stuck with 300kbps max.
There is no need for 2G again in Nigeria.

2G and 3G no go even let you enjoy the internet in this 21st century, dem go fraustrate person life. They are only good for making calls
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by shezy14(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2022
Jennynexx22:

This post is ignorant back in the day audio was like hundred kilobytes but now a simple audio file on Spotify is like 9 MB. Movies used to be like 40mb now they are at least 1GB for HD, so how do you expect it 2G to download an audio of 9MB and expect 3G to download 1GB fast? websites have become bigger with more files and multimedia so it’s not the fault of the network.
Still, MTN should improve on their 4G network speeds.

Downloading 1GB file on a 4G network shouldn't take 4 hours, Not to talk of 200MB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by MrBONE2(m): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
thesolutions:

To dowload a movie of 200mb, you will see 4 hours remaining. this is same 4G Network with dowload speed of 3mbps. Now, I am stuck with 300kbps max.

grin
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by Karlifate: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
grin grin
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by Eleyigidgan: 8:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
thesolutions:

brother no be small suffer wey I take suffer last night.
Mtn just do make my 4g just useIess
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by dakoru84: 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
thesolutions:

To dowload a movie of 200mb, you will see 4 hours remaining. this is same 4G Network with download speed of 3mbps. Now, I am stuck with 300kbps max.

Very true can't play game inside my house
Unless i go outside
Playing video will keep buffering until frustration comes in.
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by RomeoMarvis(m): 11:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
shezy14:
Still, MTN should improve on their 4G network speeds.

Downloading 1GB file on a 4G network shouldn't take 4 hours, Not to talk of 200MB.
I uses Airtel. And downloading files of 6gb plus doesn't takes more than 8 minutes. As that, I'm still complaining sef
Re: Has MTN Moves The 4G Network Infrastructure To 2G? by Tboy222: 11:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
[i]Low Bandwidth due to low power and excessive cost of generating power due to high cost of fuel.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Zero Ultra And Zero 20 Unboxing & Review / Samsung Galaxy A04 Vs Infinix Hot 20i / Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.