Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue (801 Views)

As A First Time Car Owner, Toyota Corolla 2010 Or Honda Civic 2011? / Exhaust Catalyst Issue / How Do One Know A Catalyst Has Being Removed From A Honda 04 Accord Aka EOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by Judejibs: 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2022
Had a small bump under my car corolla 2010 which led to my exhaust making noise. Took the car to mechanic they said packing BTW manifold and exhaust was the problem. There and then they removed the exaust and changed the parking noise stopped. Following day check engine came, scanned and it says catalyst bank 1 was faulty. My mechanic suggested catalyst is blocked. Loosed exhaust poured water it went through he said its not blocked maybe catalyst is cracked inside from the impact and suggested to buy another one. I am not convinced the catalyst is faulty cos the impact was minor. I feel air isstill leaking between the manifold and exhaust now my fuel consumption is very high. What can I do please to resolve this (ps my car has never had catalyst issue in 3 years now
Re: Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by incogni2o: 11:11pm On Oct 06, 2022
Seal every leak first
Re: Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by Dozieson(m): 5:09am On Oct 07, 2022
Judejibs:
Had a small bump under my car corolla 2010 which led to my exhaust making noise. Took the car to mechanic they said packing BTW manifold and exhaust was the problem. There and then they removed the exaust and changed the parking noise stopped. Following day check engine came, scanned and it says catalyst bank 1 was faulty. My mechanic suggested catalyst is blocked. Loosed exhaust poured water it went through he said its not blocked maybe catalyst is cracked inside from the impact and suggested to buy another one. I am not convinced the catalyst is faulty cos the impact was minor. I feel air isstill leaking between the manifold and exhaust now my fuel consumption is very high. What can I do please to resolve this (ps my car has never had catalyst issue in 3 years now

Were you there when the mechanic worked on your car? Or you dropped the car with them?

Don't buy any catalytic converter yet. Do your research properly
Re: Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by Judejibs: 5:37am On Oct 07, 2022
I stayed while they did all work.
Dozieson:

Were you there when the mechanic worked on your car? Or you dropped the car with them?

Don't buy any catalytic converter yet. Do your research properly
Re: Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by Judejibs: 5:38am On Oct 07, 2022
They claim no hole as far as engine sound is normal
incogni2o:
Seal every leak first
Re: Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by Dozieson(m): 7:11am On Oct 07, 2022
Judejibs:
I stayed while they did all work.

Just be using the car like that for now. Keep observing it
Re: Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by Judejibs: 10:01am On Oct 07, 2022
I have used it for 2 weeks now after clearing the fault it always comes back
Dozieson:

Just be using the car like that for now. Keep observing it
Re: Corolla 2010 Catalyst Issue by Dozieson(m): 10:40am On Oct 07, 2022
Judejibs:
I have used it for 2 weeks now after clearing the fault it always comes back

most times nairalanders use O2 spacer to remove the code
you can search for O2 spacer here on nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Ram 1500 / Mazda For Sale / Help Bolt Fees Want To Finish Me, Getting a car loan against my salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.