Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

I Am Building The Next Unsplash - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Am Building The Next Unsplash (440 Views)

Building The Future Of Sports Collectibles With nft Marketplace Development / The Man Building The Tech Ecosystem Of Nigeria - Iyinoluwa Aboyeji / I Am Building Websites For Just 5 Businesses At Just N5,000- Limited Time Promo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Building The Next Unsplash by chukwuebuka65(m): 2:28am On Oct 07, 2022
This is going to be a photo collection gallery where you can find and view high quality photos . You can download and upload photos , create a collection or collections. You can also follow another user , if you love the photos they upload. I am going to use google sign in , Facebook sign in and GitHub sign in for authentication. What other features do you think I should add?
Right now, you can view photos on the homepage, and also search for photos. I am implementing infinite scrolling meaning as you scroll down more photos are fetched.
I am using Reactjs library . The photos are fetched from unsplash api using their javascript sdk.

https://lexically.herokuapp.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by Dmillionaire: 3:09am On Oct 07, 2022
chukwuebuka65:
This is going to be a photo collection gallery where you can find and view high quality photos . You can download and upload photos , create a collection or collections. You can also follow another user , if you love the photos they upload. I am going to use google sign in , Facebook sign in and GitHub sign in for authentication. What other features do you think I should add?
Right now, you can view photos on the homepage, and also search for photos. I am implementing infinite scrolling meaning as you scroll down more photos are fetched.
I am using Reactjs library . The photos are fetched from unsplash api using their javascript sdk.

3 SM.TP is available for sa.le.
With Dedicated Server & constant inbox delivery

Reach me for update

1 Share

Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:11am On Oct 07, 2022
Dmillionaire:

3 SM.TP is available for sa.le.
With Dedicated Server & constant inbox delivery

Reach me for update

What makes you think I need your SM.TP
Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by Sleekcode: 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

Building the next unsplash

With unsplash API

angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by chukwuebuka65(m): 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Sleekcode:

Building the next unsplash

With unsplash API

angry

It’s just a project for learning purposes
Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by Sleekcode: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

It’s just a project for learning purposes

I know bro grin

Was just joking with u.

It's like using Paystack API to accept payment on your website you're building..... grin

Then you go about and say you're building the next Paystack.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by chukwuebuka65(m): 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
Sleekcode:

I know bro grin

Was just joking with u.

It's like using Paystack API to accept payment on your website you're building..... grin

Then you go about and say you're building the next Paystack.

Alright sir
Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by Xperienx(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
@op

Have you heard about lazy loading?
Images should only load when a user scrolls to them. Your current system loads all images when the page loads. Burning users data when they never planned to scroll down as much.

It's a good start anyway, keep it up and you will do greater things as the day goes by
Re: I Am Building The Next Unsplash by chukwuebuka65(m): 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Xperienx:
@op

Have you heard about lazy loading?
Images should only load when a user scrolls to them. Your current system loads all images when the page loads. Burning users data when they never planned to scroll down as much.

It's a good start anyway, keep it up and you will do greater things as the day goes by
I am not loading all images at once. I load 20 on initial render and the load by 10s as the user scrolls down. I will also add lazy loading

(1) (Reply)

Mobile App Developer Needed / Do You Have A Startup? / One And One AI Tutorials, Machine Learning And Data Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.