Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,280 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

How To Buy Land The Right Way: The Warning Signs To Look For When Buying Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Buy Land The Right Way: The Warning Signs To Look For When Buying Land (235 Views)

Buy 6 & Get 1 Free 800k Land @THE GARNET Estate Ketu, Epe Lagos. / Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. / After Buying Land, How Do I Build A House On It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy Land The Right Way: The Warning Signs To Look For When Buying Land by vikt: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2022
HOW TO BUY LAND IN THE RIGHT WAY: THE WARNING SIGNS TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING LAND
I remember way back a man had paid for an acre of land and during the raining season he discovered that he had bought a flooded parcel of land. Buying a land, you must be extra careful before spending money on any land which interests you to buy.
There can be a lot of uprising issues and problems lurking beneath the surface of any piece of land you are trying to buy. The most common fear in buying a land in most cases is land grabber fraud issues where the buyer had to face a lot of losses dealing with land grabbers, but I tell you now that there are many issues when buying a piece of land. However, land, if bought in the right way can be beneficial in many ways.
All the things which you must look into is been discussed here before purchasing a land.

What is the Topography of the Land?
Knowing the topography of the land has huge impact on the kind of building to construct on it. For instance, you can’t build a house on 90-degree sloppy land; you have to do some research to find out where the land is located, and what the form of the land is. You can do that using Google Earth which is free. With Google Earth, you can search for your property using the address and coordinates.

What are the Required Building Setbacks for drainage and roads?
You have to know plans for the area, the exact sizes and dimensions of the parcel of land and the setbacks for drainage and roads so that you don’t build anyhow. Many houses have been cut in to half by the government about not leaving a certain dimension or setbacks before building. You won’t want to experience any government issues when matter of roads and setbacks arises.

Is the Property Located in a Flood Zone?
A lot of people make mistakes of buying a land filled with water particularly at Ajah, Lekki areas; these places are water and flood zones. If a land is at risk of flooding or has a water log are, it can be extremely expensive to maintain. So you better be sure you understand the ramifications of your particular location before spending.

Does The Land Fall on Circular roads?
Place like PAKURO going towards MOWE, falls under circular roads and people had built their houses on circular roads. I bet it with you will want to find out about circular roads. The government might come up one day to dualize a particular area and before you could say anything you land or house might be under a government plan for roads, electricity drills, and train tracks. So many people had fallen prey to circular issues. To know if your land doesn’t fall under a circular road just visits lands and town planning government agency. They have the entire land plan out.

Is the Property Landlocked (Are there any Access Roads to the Property)?
I have seen many houses and land that have no road access. They are surrounded on all sides by other property. I wonder why they think they don’t need roads… it’s just very funny!
So before you buy a land you will need to ask for access roads within each of land surrounding you. Most land buyers don’t ask this road access and even if the ask there is a way land grabbers dodge the question but keep asking because from there you can spot a foul play. You won’t want to buy land with no access roads.

What is the Size and Shape of the Parcel?
Size and shape of land comes in different sizes. I’ve seen a number of properties that are virtually useless due to their size and shape. Before buying land you need to be sure about the sizes they are offering. Depending on the states there are government standard sizes so be sure they are offering something close to the standard plot size.

What about Junks, Tires or Other Contaminants on the Property?
I have discovered that what I thought was a piece of vacant land, was actually a dumping area. If you’re going to buy a piece of land, make sure that all you’re getting is LAND. Messes like junks can be very expensive to clean up, and as a way to avoid any unwanted surprises on this front, it’s always a good idea to actually see the property you’re purchasing.

To be on the safe side gather proper information regarding the land you are trying to buy from the legal titles; the history of the land; the documents you will need to proceed with the buying. Following this information can help you avoid unnecessary excess of spending. However, the key is to do a lot of research before making any kind of big investment.
To buy a dry and plain land contact Stockland homes and property via Call/Whatsapp on 08134960955 now for more info

(1) (Reply)

For Sale! 4bedroom Semi Detached Duplex @ Ikate Lekki.₦150m.eunice 2348029562694 / Recliner Mechanism / Landlords Are Sending Tenants Away!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.