Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor (35158 Views)

Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) / Rivers Assembly Passes Motion To Derecognise Omehia As Former Governor / PDP Members In Free-For-All Fight In Celestine Omehia's House (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by goldmatrix(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
U make no sense but you can say anything that makes you happy
[qte author=Asgard73 post=117352462]Wike is a shameless man

Only dogs eat their vomit .. for even goats abhors it

Wike is a big fool.

So after this ... what next .. you to your room and rest and ...
same fighting justice for southern Nigeria
grin

This man as president eh.. nigeria go just the autoreverse ..

Nigerians will rather vote a 150 year shaking Tinubu to this mumu

Power to the people
North 2023[/quote]
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by maxzzo1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
fergie001:
Wetin cause the wahala
Na long throat....
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2022
Sheunma:

Leah sharibu
Deborah
Victims of Owo bomb blast etc etc

How did God disappoint them?

Is he the govt that's supposed to protect them?
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by samwillyco1(m): 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wicked Wike the small DEVIL
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
Buddha3:
LMAO!

Say what you want, I like this man.
He doesn't pretend. He's bold, ruthless, firm and strong-willed, even if the rest of the world feels he's acting in error, he does so with his full chest, damning the consequences.

I'll say it again, even if Wike ends up in political oblivion after his Governorship, man is never going to be poor and irrelevant, because money always has friends. Most important thing is that he enjoyed the 8years of his reign to the fullest and he's unapologetic about it.

Una wey dey use cheap data judge am for Nairaland will worship his very feet if ever given the chance to go close to him. And it's sickening how other humans always want to have an opinion about the lives and actions of others, as if they have been able to completely figure out their own lives.

Mtscheew!

Oga calm down. The office he occupies and the powers he's wielding are not his personal properties.
That you admire him does not make him unaccountable to the people
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Charly68: 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wike is a fighter, he did that to tell PDP that there will be no room to campaign in rivers talkless of winning any election.. Whoever refuses to toe his line of politics will be cut to sizes.. It is now a war war situation.. Let's see how the game will go because Turaki of Adamawa is a political games master.. He will give WIke upper cut like he used Saraki to teach APC political game in 2015
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Oga calm down. The office he occupies and the powers he's wielding are not his personal properties.
That you admire him does not make him unaccountable to the people

LMAO!

Who said anything about the office being his personal acquisition? Cause I certainly did not.

Speaking of accountability, are the indigenes of Rivers state complaining to you about their Governor? That he is a Governor means he no longer has rights and liberties to exercise personal decisions on issues that weigh down his being and psyche?

You can go the mile and term his actions to be an abuse of powers and/or executive rascality. It however doesn't change the fact that he remains the Governor until his tenure elapses and Rivers people largely love his style of Governance.

That being said, your displeasure and attendant opinions remain inconsequential in the scheme of things, as regards this issue. So rest!

1 Like

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
Buddha3:

LMAO!

Who said anything about the office being his personal acquisition? Cause I certainly did not.

Speaking of accountability, are the indigenes of Rivers state complaining to you about their Governor? That he is a Governor means he no longer has rights and liberties to exercise personal decisions on issues that weigh down his being and psyche?

You can go the mile and term his actions to be an abuse of powers and/or executive rascality. It however doesn't change the fact that he remains the Governor until his tenure elapses and Rivers people largely love his style of Governance.

That being said, your displeasure and attendant opinions remain inconsequential in the scheme of things, as regards this issue. So rest!

You said "Nairaland judges" have no right to air their divergent opinions on the matter. You said they should all mind their business as Wike is minding his.
You have done the same thing again here by saying he has rights to exercise personal decisions on issues that weigh down his being and psyche. Let me refer you to the oath of office of a Governor:
that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifty Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favor, affection or ill-will

I hope you can see the bolded and juxtapose with your opinion that he has the right to exercise the powers of the office for his personal well being and happiness.

That said, I'm sure you haven't done a referendum or opinion poll to determine if the majority of Rivers people agree with how he exercises the powers of his office on their behalf. You're just speaking from your personal prejudice.

Whether my and the opinion of others is inconsequential does not mean you will abridge our rights to air the opinion. It is our right. And your opinion on how we choose to exercise that right is also inconsequential. So, rest!!
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by tellmemore15: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
if Atiku and pdp didnt get it before, now they know who they are dealing with. A lion ready to take them down whatever the cost.

Seriously if our southern politicians could be half the man Wike is when dealing with the north, Nigeria for they move forward small small.

right or not, I love this guy.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

You said "Nairaland judges" have no right to air their divergent opinions on the matter. You said they should all mind their business as Wike is minding his.
You have done the same thing again here by saying he has rights to exercise personal decisions on issues that weigh down his being and psyche. Let me refer you to the oath of office of a Governor:

I hope you can see the bolded and juxtapose with your opinion that he has the right to exercise the powers of the office for his personal well being and happiness.

That said, I'm sure you haven't done a referendum or opinion poll to determine if the majority of Rivers people agree with how he exercises the powers of his office on their behalf. You're just speaking from your personal prejudice.

Whether my and the opinion of others is inconsequential does not mean you will abridge our rights to air the opinion. It is our right. And your opinion on how we choose to exercise that right is also inconsequential. So, rest!!

I said nairaland judges "have no rights" to air their opinions?

Wawu!

People like you contribute to the decay in journalism and news reportage in today's society. For someone who's evidently intelligent enough to piece decent sentences together to drive home points, you're sure exhibiting an uncanny and unpleasant knack for twisting narratives, probably borne of a felt need to peddle mischief.

Even from my first statement "Say what you want, I like this man"...it is abundantly obvious that there's always abundant room for all parties to be vocal with their opinions and I have made absolutely no efforts to stiffle that. What I have rather sought to do, is make you understand that your continual opinions shouldn't make you to consistently invalidate the Governor's person and his stand on things.

So, quoting the oath of office sworn to, upon assumption of the seat doesn't take away the fact that he is first a human before a Governor. You cannot continually undermine or batter a person's emotions and expect him to keep a straight face because he's a Governor of a state. Hell, even Donald Trump, a one time President of the most powerful nation globally, occasionally had emotional outbursts when the circumstances got too pressing.

So for what it is worth, have your opinions but keep your judgements to yourself. It changes nothing. And I don't need an opinion poll to have feelers as to the moods of the Rivers people pertaining to their Governor, I live there too. So rest!
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
Buddha3:

I said nairaland judges "have no rights" to air their opinions?

Wawu!

People like you contribute to the decay in journalism and news reportage in today's society. For someone who's evidently intelligent enough to piece decent sentences together to drive home points, you're sure exhibiting an uncanny and unpleasant knack for twisting narratives, probably borne of a felt need to peddle mischief.

Even from my first statement "Say what you want, I like this man"...it is abundantly obvious that there's always abundant room for all parties to be vocal with their opinions and I have made absolutely no efforts to stiffle that. What I have rather sought to do, is make you understand that your continual opinions shouldn't make you to consistently invalidate the Governor's person and his stand on things.

So, quoting the oath of office sworn to, upon assumption of the seat doesn't take away the fact that he is first a human before a Governor. You cannot continually undermine or batter a person's emotions and expect him to keep a straight face because he's a Governor of a state. Hell, even Donald Trump, a one time President of the most powerful nation globally, occasionally had emotional outbursts when the circumstances got too pressing.

So for what it is worth, have your opinions but keep your judgements to yourself. It changes nothing. And I don't need an opinion poll to have feelers as to the moods of the Rivers people pertaining to their Governor, I live there too. So rest!

Maybe I misinterpreted you. But can you explain this caption from your post
And it's sickening how other humans always want to have an opinion about the lives and actions of others, as if they have been able to completely figure out their own lives.

You want us to have an opinion but to keep it to ourselves. Yet you say I twisted your narrative when I said you said we have no right to an opinion on the matter. I think you need to tell me the difference between airing an opinion and judging a matter. Even a Judge's opinion is a judgment in his court!
The position of governor is reserved for humans, flawed humans and not spirits or perfect beings for that matter. So to say his being human is enough excuse to trample upon the oath he swore to assume the powers he exercises, is a betrayal of the essence of giving the power to humans to exercise over other humans. The essence is the belief that humans are capable of rising above petty sentiments and self-excitements to take decisions for the public good for the generality of the public.
The world is a stage. We are all spectators and actors at the same time. As we judge, so we act and are judged. Wike judges too. Others have the right to judge him as long as he acts on that stage. To deny the right to judge is to deny the right to act and watch others act.
I don't think the people of the US view Trump as the perfect model of their democratic habits. Even his biggest admirers know how intemperate he is for the office he occupied. As popular as he was, it was his greatest undoing.
We live in a scientific world right now. A world of facts and stats, not innuendos and feelers. You need an opinion poll to know what about 6million people think sir. Interacting with a few hundreds of like minds can't do
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by erimmy(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2022
If in the eyes of the law, Omehia was never a governor,that means that all the actions he took while " illegitimately" occupying the office in 2007, was/is rendered invalid.

In light of the above, it therefore, means that the 6th Rivers State House of Assembly which was inaugurated by Omehia in 2007 was not properly inaugurated and every action of the 6th Rivers State Assembly remains null and void since Omehia who was never a Governor pronounce it and inaugurated the session.

Another aspect to look at is the fact that Ameachi did not do four years in his first term as Governor. He only completed the remaining years of the term that Omehia had started.
Why didn't the SC ordered that Ameachi's first term be Four years?.

My submission is that, in considering all the facts and circumstances as well as the potential consequences of the ruling of the SC, vis a vis the numerous fall out in chain of actions as a result of the Court's pronouncement in the case, and having also considered that Omehia at that point in time , subscribed and swore an oath of office as Governor of Rivers State, his status and recognition as a former Governor be upheld, otherwise, even the 6th Assembly of the Rivers State House of Assembly never existed.

Hence, all the actions of the 6th Assembly, including passage of appropriation bills and other bills remain invalid.
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Popesuccess(m): 5:52pm On Oct 07, 2022
Corridon:
Wike recognized Omehia as a former governor just to spite Amaechi and now he is derecognising him because of Omehia's romance with Atiku. Truthfully Omehia doesn't qualify as a former governor because the supreme court made it so but we all can see that Wike is vindictive in nature.
He qualifies to be recognized as a formal governor. There is no vacuum at that level of governance. You can't the history of the state and said for a whole six months nobody was governor. This is bad politics and should be discouraged.
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by fergie001: 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

grin grin grin
Where you for see this pic? It deep o
grin
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
fergie001:

grin

Popesuccess:
He qualifies to be recognized as a formal governor. There is no vacuum at that level of governance. You can't the history of the state and said for a whole six months nobody was governor. This is bad politics and should be discouraged.

What do you think of this?
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by chrisxxx(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
SILVERLINES:
grin

Omehia will be scared of any name Wike in his next life

But omehia sef don fuccck up, it was Wike that brought him up and recognize him as the ex-governor of Rivers State, paid him all his entitlements Rotimi Ameachi refuses to pay throughout the years.

Now he turn back and bite the same fingers that fed him
People are just not seeing this. Omehia is an ingrate apart from being stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by chrisxxx(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
hotseat:
And Hitler Wike takes a pound of flesh of Celestine Omehia in a brazen display of political power!

He now uses his political authority to witch hunt political opponents as it suits his whims and caprices in the political battlefield.

When it was convenient for him, he recognized poor Omehia, but now that Omehia appears to be too independent-minded to his liking, he had to prove to him the true meaning of political power.

Wicked Hitler Wike is a military dictator in mufti!
May someone treat your magnanimity the same way Omehia treated Wike. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by DadaHammed: 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
See the vindictive fool that wanted to be president of Nigeria. Bastard that will commit atrocities and evil and then leave the innocent Igbos to be victimized and suffer for it.

Thank God he did win the primaries.
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by MannyOnye: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by fergie001: 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Agboriotejoye:
What do you think of this?

Ddokie:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Omehia, like Ihedioha, in the eyes of the law was never a Governor. So, Wike himself been a lawyer, knew it was unconstitutional yet went ahead to use Rivers money for bonanza, all in a bid to spite Amaechi.

These are the facts:

...That they went to Atiku to discuss the issues and apologised to him for been called a liar by Wike. They have known Atiku whilst Wike was just an LG Chair. Maeba aged 37 was a Senator in 2003. Opara was Deputy Speaker of the House of Reps in 2003. So, they were angry the way Wike treated them as Guber aspirants, in his usual brash manner.

Wike bought forms for almost all the Rivers Guber aspirants, some of whom were in that meeting, mandated them not to Campaign until he tells them to, and when Farah Dagogo wanted to go against him, he was arrested.

On the day of the Primary, he called all of them and told them to stand down for his Candidate and that anybody that goes against him will meet his wrath. Many of them politically are not his mates, they are far senior so, they had no choice but to stick with their old friend (Atiku).

The worst Wike will do is ensure PDP loses Rivers but he is done politically because everyone now knows who he is. He is done and that's on periodt.

Atiku will not give in to his demands on Ayu because he doesn't own the Party. Alongside Fayose, he brought Ali Modu Sherriff, removed that one and brought in Markarfi. Not done, the ticket was zoned to SW, Wike said No micro-zoning. He called his brother, Secondus and when that one wasn't useful to him anymore he went for Ayu.

Many people's choice was David Mark but he assumed Mark was close to Atiku, so alongside Ortom, they went to Ayu's house to convince him to run (The Ayu project was just himself and Ortom). Ayu was Atiku's Presidential Campaign DG in 2007 under Action Congress, is that not laughable? Ayu & Atiku have been close since the 1990s......

Now, he has lost and now wants Ayu out for supporting Atiku, laughable. He went to Anambra dressed down Obi, went to Channels, said he lacked integrity and character and I was laughing at him.

In 2015, he was told that his bro Amaechi was leaving office and let it go to Rivers SE, Wike said opposition party cannot dwell on zoning, their goal should be to win elections. It is the ruling Party that can afford Zoning, that's what he said.

Are you aware that the Guber Candidate in Rivers and the Rivers PDP Chairman are from the same Senatorial District? grin grin grin
That's the man telling you that the Candidate and the Chairman cannot be from the same Zone (under which Constitution). Who asked him to chase Secondus away? If they born Ortom well, he should chase Ayu nah, NEVER grin

Ask that same Wike who was National Chairman when Jonathan was President in 2010/11, he won't answer you. He is simply bringing the house down like he promised before the Primaries and nothing will pacify him.... NOTHING.

So, leave him to continue thrilling us! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by press9jatv: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wike the clueless clown, you forgot that Power is transient. You will handover power to the next governor and we will all know your end.
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Emmahunk(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
My guy is becoming very petty. When you leave, another person will sign the one derecognizing you and will restore the guy's status. What goes around comes around you know.
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Ddokie: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2022
fergie001:

Omehia, like Ihedioha, in the eyes of the law was never a Governor. So, Wike himself been a lawyer, knew it was unconstitutional yet went ahead to use Rivers money for bonanza, all in a bid to spite Amaechi.

These are the facts:

...That they went to Atiku to discuss the issues and apologised to him for been called a liar by Wike. They have known Atiku whilst Wike was just an LG Chair. Maeba aged 37 was a Senator in 2003. Opara was Deputy Speaker in 2003. So, they were angry the way Wike treated them as Guber aspirants, in his usual brash manner.

Wike bought forms for almost all the Rivers Guber aspirants, some of whom were in that meeting, mandated them not to Campaign until he tells them to, and when Farah Dagogo wanted to go against him, he was arrested.

On the day of the Primary, he called all of them and told them to stand down for his Candidate and that anybody that goes against him will meet his wrath. Many of them politically are not his mates, they are far senior so, they had no choice but to stick with their old friend (Atiku).

The worst Wike will do is ensure PDP loses Rivers but he is done politically because everyone now knows who he is. He is done and that's on periodt.

Atiku will not give in to his demands on Ayu because he doesn't own the Party. Alongside Fayose, he brought Ali Modu Sherriff, removed that one and brought in Markarfi. Not done, the ticket was zoned to SW, Wike said No micro-zoning. He called his brother, Secondus and when that one wasn't useful to him anymore he went for Ayu.

Many people's choice was David Mark but he assumed Mark was close to Atiku, so alongside Ortom, they went to Ayu's house to convince him to run (The Ayu project was just himself and Ortom). Ayu was Atiku's Presidential Campaign DG in 2007 under Action Congress, is that not laughable? Ayu & Atiku have been close since the 1990s......

Now, he has lost and now wants Ayu out for supporting Atiku, laughable. He went to Anambra dressed down Obi, went to Channels, said he lacked integrity and character and I was laughing at him.

In 2015, he was told that his bro Amaechi was leaving office and let it go to Rivers SE, Wike said opposition party cannot dwell on zoning, their goal should be to win elections. It is the ruling Party that can afford Zoning, that's what he said.

Are you aware that the Guber Candidate in Rivers and the Rivers PDP Chairman are from the same Senatorial District? grin grin grin
That's the man telling you that the Candidate and the Chairman cannot be from the same Zone (under which Constitution). Who asked him to chase Secondus away? If they born Ortom well, he should chase Ayu nah, NEVER grin

Ask that same Wike who was National Chairman when Jonathan was President in 2010/11, he won't answer you. He is simply bringing the house down like he promised before the Primaries and nothing will pacify him.... NOTHING.

My bro, this your analysis is quite deep.

Well, let them do everything to pull the house down, make PO enter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Halo22: 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wike and his aggression self. How he even managed to climb to this level baffles me sometimes.
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
fergie001:

These are the facts:

...That they went to Atiku to discuss the issues and apologised to him for been called a liar by Wike. They have known Atiku whilst Wike was just an LG Chair. Maeba aged 37 was a Senator in 2003. Opara was Deputy Speaker in 2003. So, they were angry the way Wike treated them as Guber aspirants, in his usual brash manner.

Hmmm. Deep and insightful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by DadaHammed: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wike's fall will be hard and loud. grin

People are already waiting to laugh. grin
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Phcmayor(m): 8:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wike my niga
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by excel112: 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
What Wike has done is a pure hatred in action. Even though the supreme Court ruled Omehia out but the state assembly passed a motion recognizing him but because of Whatever reason, they did otherwise.
This action simple butress that the whole members of the state assembly are all PUPPIES.
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Anndrew(m): 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2022
princeade86:
Rivers Hitler.
lolz..Hitler Don suffer
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Anndrew(m): 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Judolisco:
Dis man and ganduje na d same thing
Lolz..Ganduje went too far

1 Like

Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by Anndrew(m): 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
simplesearch:
If he can be derecognized, it then means he was never qualified to be so recognized in the first place. Amechi and Wike are bitter enemies, but Wike can never derecognize Amechi as a former governor, because he was legally recognized by law. The other side to it is mere politics, but fairly it's a win for Rivers state people if the resources can be channeled towards other good course.
lolz..Las las wike loose out..apart from derecognize,what about the pensions and benefits..Will Omehia return them?
Re: Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor by mumu9gerian: 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
E be like say most of our politicians no get sense.
After 8 years of presidency in the North, you still decide to support a northern candidate. Omehia no really get sense because he has lost all round.
Aliku won't win the election and Wike don remove am as former governor.
He foe just retire since, make he dey collect mo ey from rivers state government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti's 1.5km Flyover Ready For Commissioning. / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum / Dunamis Church's 25th Anniversary: Gov. Ortom Lies Face Down In Worship (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.