Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay (1098 Views)

My Family Conspired Against Me To Vote For Peter Obi – Governor Umahi / 2023: There Are Plots To Keep Presidency In The North –prof. Sagay / Jonathan: How Jega's INEC Conspired Against Me In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by hisexcellency34: 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Professor Itse Sagay SAN, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Friday said those accusing Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike of lacking the spirit of sportsmanship and angry after losing the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are being unfair to him.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay said Wike’s grouse with some stakeholders in the party was that he was conspired against and betrayed especially by those he had helped in times past.

Sagay particularly mentioned Sokoto state governor, Aminu Tambuwal who, despite how Wike funded his campaign in 2019 asked delegates to vote for Atiku Abubakar after withdrawing from the 2023 presidential primary.

He said: “I think those who are assessing Wike’s actions by saying he lacks the spirit of sportsmanship by refusing to accept defeat having lost in the presidential primary are not being fair to him. I’ve heard people saying he should just accept that he lost and move on since the election was free and fair. All those saying that are not being fair to the man. Let me use this opportunity to analyse the situation for the world to see.

“In 2019, it was Wike who funded Aminu Tambuwal to contest against Atiku Abubakar. Without Wike’s support, Tambuwal would not have had a chance to contest. Wike funded his campaign then and fully committed himself to Tambuwal’s presidential ambition. Even after Tambuwal lost the primary, Wike was very unhappy about it.

“Now moving on to 2022, that same Tambuwal that Wike sponsored in 2019 now conspired with Atiku to sabotage Wike’s ambition to be elected as the presidential candidate of the PDP. Since Tambuwal was withdrawing from the race on the day of the presidential primary, he asked all his supporters to transfer their votes to Atiku.

“Even after he had made his speech to the delegates, they then allow him to go back and now tell them that the delegates should give their votes to Atiku. We will never know the effect of that but possibly, Atiku would not have won if not for what the likes of Tambuwal did. For me, that is betrayal.

“Another issue is that Wike came a very strong second in the presidential primary after Atiku. The party now said being a popular man who got votes from delegates across the country, he will form a good partnership with Atiku as running mate”.

The party in its wisdom believe that Wike’s popularity will be merged with that of Atiku to win the election. But what happened? Atiku ignored the recommendation of the people set up by the party to help him search for a vice-presidential candidate and chose another person. The 17-member committee recommended Wike but Atiku ignored them and went for Okowa”.

“Atiku further poured kerosene to the fire by saying ‘I decided to pick somebody I can work with’. By that statement, he is saying that he cannot work with Wike. So, what I am trying to say is that Wike’s anger as far as I can see is not just that he lost the presidential primary but that he was betrayed again and again.

“He was unhappy that they conspired against him. That is what I want the world to appreciate. He didn’t just lose the primary but there was a conspiracy against him, especially by people he has helped”.

Also speaking on the motion to derecognise Celestine Omehia, as a former Governor of Rivers State which was signed by Wike on Friday, Sagay said “Wike goes after his opponents without looking back. He searches for them left, right and centre and just tackles them really hard. That is his style and he is obviously inconsistent.

“It really establishes that what he does is not on principle. I am not surprised by what he has done because that is the way he relates with his opponents.”
https://independent.ng/pdp-crisis-wike-angry-because-he-was-conspired-against-betrayed-sagay/

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by LoneWolf212: 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2022
I know Wike is 100% OBIDIENT, in his heart

Lol!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Administration1: 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
This man sef
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Realadey(m): 5:43pm On Oct 07, 2022
Truth! It is so sad that most people who are blaming this Wike cannot take an inch of what was done to him.
Though he has his own excesses, but truth be told, the man Wike has done well for PDP of today.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by RedScorpion(f): 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
This APC Professor and his Party are still angry that Wike was defeated in the PDP primaries...

They were expecting a "Weak" Candidate from the PDP that they can bully and trash in the upcoming General Elections. ..

so that they can continue their Misgovernance and Misrule in Nigeria..

But their plans have been Frustrated by the emergence of Atiku Abubakar .... A leader with a Strong National Appeal.

APC would be disgraced and humiliated in the upcoming General Elections because Nigerians are fed up with their Failed Government and Policies...

1 Share

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by festacman(m): 5:47pm On Oct 07, 2022
Summary:
Nyesom Wike fights like a wounded lion.

1 Like

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Isokiscool(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wike contested for primaries and lost..Nobody betrayed him.Abi na by force to support Wike

2 Likes

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by ogmask: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2022
hisexcellency34:

Also speaking on the motion to derecognise Celestine Omehia, as a former Governor of Rivers State which was signed by Wike on Friday, Sagay said “Wike goes after his opponents without looking back. He searches for them left, right and centre and just tackles them really hard. That is his style and he is obviously inconsistent.

“It really establishes that what he does is not on principle. I am not surprised by what he has done because that is the way he relates with his opponents.”
https://independent.ng/pdp-crisis-wike-angry-because-he-was-conspired-against-betrayed-sagay/

Wike is truly inconsistent but the rivers electorate is even worse, they be like anywhere belle face. No logic in some of their reasoning.
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Eryyy92: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
This prof doesn't even knows what he's talking about. Tambuwal lost against Atiku in 2018 and not 2019. A prof that cannot keep to recent dates and events doesn't deserve to be called a prof
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by bennybuhari: 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
You are the mumu here oo. Is it not for the same 2019 election. The old man is damn right. But PDP should ignore Wike
Eryyy92:
This prof doesn't even knows what he's talking about. Tambuwal lost against Atiku in 2018 and not 2019. A prof that cannot keep to recent dates and events doesn't deserve to be called a prof
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Laggafin: 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
Yo
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by MadeInTokyo: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
He is a sore loser, Wike can go to hell, he has less than 7 months left as a Governor, all his noise making and gra gra will end
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Abdu81: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
Wiked is not interested in any peace.
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Minime10(f): 6:56pm On Oct 07, 2022
Is Sagay now in PDP
Why can't he stay im lane for APC
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Bontafa: 7:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
Minime10:
Is Sagay now in PDP
Why can't he stay im lane for APC

The druggie is waking up

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by KikBuhari2Daura: 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Interesting times
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by adekolaelect(m): 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Eryyy92:
oga you better Chang your type of w**d bcs it is not relating well with your body system. The writer might made mistake but on this election was conducted in 2019not 2018 bcs any pre electionneering process is meant for general election. Ok .

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Blestedo75: 8:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
Thank you prof for stating the obvious. I can't agree with you less. Gov. wike was betrayed by the people he loved and laboured for. The likes of Tambuwal and Obaseki. I remembered when saying, he did not have his bath for three days in Edo all in a bid to install Obaseki. He worked to see that Obaseki got that ticket when he was denied a 2nd term chance by APC. His actions are justified. But, He who betrays someone today will be betrayed by another person tomorrow. Karma awaits them.
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Cantonese: 9:53pm On Oct 07, 2022
Eryyy92:

You that kept the date and event and yet you are not a Prof. What should you be called?

Maybe you should be called a professional calendar keeper!
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by bennybuhari: 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
You mean Wike?
Bontafa:

The druggie is waking up
Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by JoeNL22(m): 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
hisexcellency34:
Professor Itse Sagay SAN, Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC) on Friday said those accusing Rivers state governor, Nyesom Wike of lacking the spirit of sportsmanship and angry after losing the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) are being unfair to him.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Sagay said Wike’s grouse with some stakeholders in the party was that he was conspired against and betrayed especially by those he had helped in times past.

Sagay particularly mentioned Sokoto state governor, Aminu Tambuwal who, despite how Wike funded his campaign in 2019 asked delegates to vote for Atiku Abubakar after withdrawing from the 2023 presidential primary.

He said: “I think those who are assessing Wike’s actions by saying he lacks the spirit of sportsmanship by refusing to accept defeat having lost in the presidential primary are not being fair to him. I’ve heard people saying he should just accept that he lost and move on since the election was free and fair. All those saying that are not being fair to the man. Let me use this opportunity to analyse the situation for the world to see.

“In 2019, it was Wike who funded Aminu Tambuwal to contest against Atiku Abubakar. Without Wike’s support, Tambuwal would not have had a chance to contest. Wike funded his campaign then and fully committed himself to Tambuwal’s presidential ambition. Even after Tambuwal lost the primary, Wike was very unhappy about it.

“Now moving on to 2022, that same Tambuwal that Wike sponsored in 2019 now conspired with Atiku to sabotage Wike’s ambition to be elected as the presidential candidate of the PDP. Since Tambuwal was withdrawing from the race on the day of the presidential primary, he asked all his supporters to transfer their votes to Atiku.

“Even after he had made his speech to the delegates, they then allow him to go back and now tell them that the delegates should give their votes to Atiku. We will never know the effect of that but possibly, Atiku would not have won if not for what the likes of Tambuwal did. For me, that is betrayal.

“Another issue is that Wike came a very strong second in the presidential primary after Atiku. The party now said being a popular man who got votes from delegates across the country, he will form a good partnership with Atiku as running mate”.

The party in its wisdom believe that Wike’s popularity will be merged with that of Atiku to win the election. But what happened? Atiku ignored the recommendation of the people set up by the party to help him search for a vice-presidential candidate and chose another person. The 17-member committee recommended Wike but Atiku ignored them and went for Okowa”.

“Atiku further poured kerosene to the fire by saying ‘I decided to pick somebody I can work with’. By that statement, he is saying that he cannot work with Wike. So, what I am trying to say is that Wike’s anger as far as I can see is not just that he lost the presidential primary but that he was betrayed again and again.

“He was unhappy that they conspired against him. That is what I want the world to appreciate. He didn’t just lose the primary but there was a conspiracy against him, especially by people he has helped”.

God bless you
Nigeria must be great again
#GetYourPVCs'
#ComeOutToVote
Signed.
Ifeoluwa osho
A Concerned Nigerian

Re: PDP Crisis: Wike Angry Because He Was Conspired Against, Betrayed – Prof. Sagay by Injera(f): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Administration1:
This man sef
Was the dean faculty of law OAU 81 to 82.

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal's Aide,pdp Vice Chairman In Sokoto Defect To Apc / Bukola And Gbemi Saraki Throw Back Photo / Just Collected My Pvc ,i'm So Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.