Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? (1106 Views)

Best Cheap Travel Destinations In Africa :any Suggestions??? / Traveling To Ghana Via Abc Transport / Decongesting Lagos: Any Suggestions? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? by AmeriNaija(f): 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2011
I have a great friend who is traveling to Nigeria in a few weeks and he wants to know where to go what to do. He's an adventurer and loves to have fun. he's also cultured and likes to experience different things. (He's Indian-American). He'll be interested in places where the locals and also definitely where the expats/foreigners go.
He wants to go to great places to tour, shop, eat, party, and just experience. He will be in Lagos, Ibadan, maybe harcourt, and also in rural areas away from cities visiting villages.

any great suggestions. ( also suggestions of areas to stay away from)
Re: Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? by omega25red(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2011
tell him to stick ti the ikeja area and also victoria island he can't go wrong
Re: Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? by AmeriNaija(f): 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
OK THanks! Are there specific nightclubs, shops, restaurants, eatery, etc he should go to?

I've heard of Bacchus, Club Do It All, La Casa, Volar, 1145, Motherland, J's Palace, and Club 21. What are these places like? Thanks in advance all.
Re: Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? by oncolor: 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2011
Take a look at this site by Expatriates in Nigeria for foreigners new to Nigeria, you will get all the info you need from their perspective.

http://www.oyibosonline.com/html/guides/los/bars/victoria_island.htm
Re: Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? by akinbimatt: 11:03pm On Aug 16, 2011
@the poster,I believe your friend make a great decision for choosing nigeria, home sweat home!a bit explaination of what nigeria is made of,there is west-north-east-and south, if not that ur friend make these neccessary decision now,I mean if it was last few month during election,boko haram saga,the lagos flood,kidnapping,I wound have advice u to come immediately and settled in west,lagos nigeria where flood will take you to north(coz according to an eye witness,a married women was caught on another mans bed in the third  street.away from her home of which she claims it was the lagos flood that took her their),"lol, when the flood drop u in north,if boko haram doesn't need u,they will make you witness few things in north especially if u had moved in during the police headquarter bombing,u can decide to run to south for your life after the north saga,there,u will be kidnapped forever,east is also the best place where u can be forgotten in matter of time.!,u beta do your research right before u choose a wrong country.anyway I'm from lagos where we ball or we fight"
Re: Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? by gunuvi(m): 8:48am On Aug 17, 2011
Happy to hear your friend will be coming to Naija.
Lets take him on tour of the ancient historical town of Badagry.
For his status, we will lodge him at the prestigious whispering palms resort in Badagry. Take him on tour rounds historical monuments and sites including;

*Slave Market
*First storey building in Nigeria. (where Bishop Ajayi Crowther translated The English bible to Yoruba)
*Black Heritage Museum,
*Slave Cells (Barracoon)
*Early Missionaries Cementary
*Mobee Family Slave Relics
*1st primary school in Nigeria
*First church in Nigeria
*Agia Tree were Christianity was first preached
and the Point of no Return.

He will also surf the beach, club at the whsipering palms for VIPs. and many more,
you can ask him to request for our colourful brochure for comprehensive information, tour itinerary etc.
send a mail to: swazitoursnigeria@gmail.com
or call - 08181501477
Re: Foreign Friend Traveling To Nigeria. Any Suggestions? by N101: 11:17am On Aug 17, 2011
@ poster, your friend should also try and visit Olumo Rock in Ogun State. There's a good bit of history and, if you get a good tour guide, it's quite informative.  All of my friends who have visited Nigeria have been there and have enjoyed it.  Also Lekki Conservation Centre is a good place to visit. 

Just let your friend know that Nigeria doesn't cater for tourists like Ghana or many of the East African countries.  As for the oyinbosonline website, personally I find that site questionable.  Not the best advertisement for Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Best For Hustler? Brazil Or Dubai? / Eye-catching Places You Can’t Resist On Your Visit To Abuja / Lagos Most Famous Landmarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.