Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,544 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Peter Obi's Fund Raising Cash Out? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Fund Raising Cash Out? (184 Views)

Labour Party Fund Raising (pics) / Who's Following The Fund Raising program For ESN? / Enugu host fund raising dinner for Abuja 2020 Para Powerlifting World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Fund Raising Cash Out? by 1TripleC: 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
I've heard a few people say that raising money for the Obidient movement is a way to cash out....

I laugh at such people...

First of all, Presidential campaigns everywhere are funded by THE PEOPLE and the corporate...

It is corruption in Nigeria that gave birth to people like Tinubu and Atiku becoming so rich that they can fund their presidential campaign from their pocket.

Even Billionaire Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa who is a Forbes-rated dollar Billionaire needed donations from the people for his presidential campaign.
Billionaire Donald Trump sold MAGA face caps, mugs etc to raise money for his presidential campaigns.

Normally, political parties use Fund raising events, sale of T-shirts, tickets to events etc to raise money for Presidential campaigns.

The principle is that if a presidential candidate spends his personal money on campaign, when he gets to office, he will be tempted to use his position to recover his expenses. And to avoid corruption in office, campaigns in saner climes are funded by THE PEOPLE.

I have heard rumours like - Obidients are cashing out with the donations bla bla bla.

This is only a sign of a dysfunctional system and corrupted mind.

Please avoid people who think so low. They are either low Minded and criminal minded.

Your responsibility is to hold the party responsible for every Kobo you donated. The party owes it to her members to audit the campaign account after the elections.

And for events like the diaspora visits of Peter Obi, funds are usually raised through sale of tickets because in diaspora, no single person will be able to give out huge amounts of cash except they are in crime. So this is why the diasporans use tickets etc to raise funds for the event.

And for the record, personally, I do not have access to any form of funding attached to a political movement.
And I have faith in the great people managing the funds for our movement. Nobody is interested in even one Kobo.

Remember, if you genuinely want Change, you must invest your money in the change you want. It is a principle.

Charles

(1) (Reply)

NNPP Strategizes Ahead Of The 2023 General Elections / Reps Deputy Minority Whip, Rt. Hon. Adesegun Abdel-majid Adekoya Makes PDP, PCC / Crude Oil Theft: The Highest Level Of Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.