Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,615 members, 7,816,524 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) (45520 Views)

Wike Signs Motion Derecognising Celestine Omehia As Governor / Wike Removes PDP Campaign Tyre: / PDP Members In Free-For-All Fight In Celestine Omehia's House (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Faber(m): 7:57am On Oct 08, 2022
Amaechi continued from when Celestine Omehia stopped...so Celestine was serving Amaechi's term,

I think they are right on this one, though there are controversies surrounding the timing of the resolution

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Kajaard: 7:58am On Oct 08, 2022
Troublemaker111:
Wike na low budget Putin. Now I know why Atuku didn't pick him undecided

Atiku was wise not to pick him. Wike would have made his life hell. Wike doesn't listen to anyone, he thinks of himself as a god.

He will be disgraced soon.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Munamoqel: 7:58am On Oct 08, 2022
naptu2:
Video of Governor Nyesom Wike removing Sir Celestine Omehia's picture from Government House and explaining why Omehia was derecognised as a former governor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXRzN_rWk8

You need to watch the video and listen to every word he says. I'll provide a summary.

Derecognition

Governor Wike removes Sir Celestine Omehia's picture and signs the order. He thanks the Speaker of the House of Assembly and his colleagues.

He says that he received the resolution of the House the previous day and he reminds everybody that his predecessor, His Excellency Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi did not recognise Omehia as a former governor. He then says that when he came on board, the House of Assembly decided that Celestine Omehia should enjoy the status of a former governor. He says that he has never disrespected the resolutions of the House of Assembly and so he complied.

He said that the Assembly said (the previous day) that they now have better facts. He says that the facts are that the Supreme Court ruled that Sir Celestine Omehia was never governor of Rivers State because he never stood for any election.

He said that the Assembly decided to protect its legacy by doing the right thing. He said that in this country people will praise you when you do what they like, but they won't praise you when you do the uncommon thing. He said that many people will bring in politics, but he doesn't mind. He said that the hallmark of leadership is correcting a wrong thing that was done.

He said that he called the attorney general of the state when he got the resolution and the attorney general said that the House of Assembly had no power to overrule the Supreme Court and declare Omehia a former governor.

He said that he saw on AIT that they said that Omehia was his ally, but now he is a member of PDP Presidential Campaign Council. He asks what has that got to do with the House of Assembly doing the right thing.

He said that if this had not happened, nobody would have known that such a huge amount of benefit was paid to the former governor. He said that he was sure that they had said that no benefit was paid, but yesterday everybody discovered that the benefits were actually paid.

He said that he doesn't give a damn about what anybody says because in politics anybody can say anything.

Political rallies in public schools

He also announces that political parties would not be allowed to have their rallies in public schools without approval of the commissioner of education. He says that there are often fights and violence at political rallies and that they could destroy school property and therefore he is taking this measure to protect the schools. He said that he would be blamed if school property was destroyed and he wants to prevent that.

He says that you have to apply 2 weeks ahead of any rally in a school and you must pay 2 million naira in case anything is destroyed. He said that government will not pay for any repairs and therefore the party must pay for the repairs. He said that the order applies to all political parties.

He also said that any local government chairman or commissioner can stop any rally that doesn't have permission.

He said that no rally will be held while school is in session.

Madman from Ogoni

He said that people can say anything and that people are always insulting them on the radio. He said that a madman from Ogoni said that they were embarrassing Rivers people. He threatened that he could go to construction site to see if the contractors were working, but if he does so people will say that it is because the man is not with him.
see person that want to be president of Nigeria .buhari poor performance have lower the bar

4 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by blaise26abj(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2022
The impunity of these tin gods called governors . If anything I love how Buhari rescued local governments from their evil grasps .

To the issue , he had the attorney general’s contact number when the state house bypassed the judgement of the Supreme Court . He then wasted state resources on gratuity to a political ally . Now that things have soured between them , he remembers he has the attorney general’s number and he is now claiming correction of a wrong .

Wike is just another useless Nigerian politician

5 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by hammerT: 8:02am On Oct 08, 2022
NDI-IMO STATE TAKE NOTE.

THIS IS HOPELESS FUTURE AFTER 2023 ELECTIONS.

SUPREME COURT GOVERNOR

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by diggindeep: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2022
Wike with his unstable mind.

So wavery as a reed.
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by hammerT: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2022
diggindeep:
Wike with his unstable mind.

So wavery as a reed.

WE IPOB LOVED HIM UNTIL HE BETRAYED US BECAUSE OF NIGERIA PRESIDENCY.

KILLING HIS OWN PEOPLE IN OBIIGBO TO SERVE SULTAN.

OTHERWISE, WE REALLY DID LIKE HIM.

HE DEY BEHAVE LIKE IGBO MAN, VERY STUBORN TO THE CORE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by gotnel: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2022
No permanent friends or permanent enemies in politics.
Permanent interest only available.
When interest is not the same anymore, enemity sets in between two jolly people
When interest becomes same, two sworn political foes becomes friends automatically.
Politics is an interesting game

2 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by hammerT: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2022
AFTER WIKE WILL SAY, HE IS NOT AN IGBO MAN, YET BEHAVING LIKE ONE.

ONYE ARA
grin grin grin grin
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Middleborn: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2022
Wike get mind and i like him. Anything he does in support for the Niger Delta is acceptable by me.

Celestine Omehia is seeking relevance by dancing with Atiku against his helper Wike. If Atiku loses the election and PDP wins Rivers State, Omehia would be in deep shit. He could go as the sorriest loser in Rivers politics

4 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Tribalism123(m): 8:08am On Oct 08, 2022
Omehia was actually the best governor Rivers State never had. He was loved by the people but what do I know about Nigerian politics.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Raxxye(m): 8:08am On Oct 08, 2022
naptu2:
1 and 2) Governor Wike puteth the picture.

3 and 4) Governor Wike removeth the picture.
This is ridiculous, I swear!

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2022
dapsoneh:
Child in an adult body
May God Bless you.
The man is an Idiot.
He overturned the decision of the supreme Court to elevate Omehia above supreme Court's decision. He did this just to slight Amaechi. Now he's gone back to obey same supreme Court ruling. May God punish him.
He, Wike should be jailed for overturning supreme Court ruling. He's the culpable one here. What does he take the supreme Court for?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Opinedecandid(m): 8:13am On Oct 08, 2022
sagitariusbaby:
it can never be his turn. No one is contesting his seat nor is there any court judgment to actualize same

When you hear *his turn" ,it doesn't mean it gonna be on the same issue.
Cama is more petty.

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Skty: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2022
Tribalism123:
Omehia was actually the best governor Rivers State never had. He was loved by the people but what do I know about Nigerian politics.

I was in Rivers then. I liked the man's tenure..but like u said I don't know what happened too
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by muykem: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2022
Power to put it up and to put it down belong to Wike.
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by aylive02(m): 8:20am On Oct 08, 2022
RPG2020:

If death remove picture how come the one in Aso Rock still there

. I was talking logically. When death removes someone's picture, it means the person is no more.
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by DLuciano: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2022
RZArecta:
Wike the Hitler of Rumuepirikom, you go tire las las cool
yes he go regret! Let him enjoy power while the offer last!
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by vickydevoka(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2022
dapsoneh:
Child in an adult body
Child in an adult make u live long. That's y women live longer , there behave like kids

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by yemmywesey(m): 8:27am On Oct 08, 2022
Rivers empire, wike can never become a president, he is not matured at all. Leadership is about maturity but he lacks it.
This kind of people should never be at the top of leadership, he behaves like a kid, you contested for primaries, Atiku defeated you, you are now shouting and crying like a little child that they collected biscuits and sweets from their hand.

9 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Tribalism123(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2022
Skty:

I was in Rivers then. I liked the man's tenure..but like u said I don't know what happened too

I was born in PH. So then we celebrated his victory and his short tenure was very adorable.
But what do we know!?

Funny is that both Amechi and Omehia are cousins of same NATIVE COMPOUND at Ibima village. I know their houses in there village.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by maxzzo1(m): 8:31am On Oct 08, 2022
People should learn to be grateful and loyal if not long throat dat worries Omehia dat has lose relevance since....

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by bright25252: 8:33am On Oct 08, 2022
wike the ragnar lotbrok of rivers state. lalastica put me on front page.
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Anndrew(m): 8:41am On Oct 08, 2022
Kajaard:
Wike will go down as the most vindictive human that ever lived and he will surely meet a terrible end.
lolz..what about Ganduje
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2022
Viltron:
Wike should pray that Atiku doesn't win. He'd be hunted down to his hole like a rat.

grin cheesy grin

I can only pity Wike if Atiku wins. Him go smell pepper for Atiku hand.

One thing people like Wike fail to understand is the fact that silent people (like Atiku in this case), can be VERY DEADLY. Wike is very predictable so there's no need to fear him. But you see that Atiku, fear am. Him don dey count am for Wike and I hope Wike can finish the food he is cooking for him.

Anyways, Wike get luck say Nigerians dey back Peter Obi. Even at that, he has an ought with Obi sef. Wike needs to check his lifestyle. It's not a good one.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 08, 2022
hammerT:

WE IPOB LOVED HIM UNTIL HE BETRAYED US BECAUSE OF NIGERIA PRESIDENCY.

KILLING HIS OWN PEOPLE IN OBIIGBO TO SERVE SULTAN.

OTHERWISE, WE REALLY DID LIKE HIM.

HE DEY BEHAVE LIKE IGBO MAN, VERY STUBORN TO THE CORE.

Lol. Stop this vawulence abeg.

It's still early morning. I don repent else I for engage you.

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 08, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

May God Bless you.
The man is an Idiot.
He overturned the decision of the supreme Court to elevate Omehia above supreme Court's decision. He did this just to slight Amaechi. Now he's gone back to obey same supreme Court ruling. May God punish him.
He, Wike should be jailed for overturning supreme Court ruling. He's the culpable one here. What does he take the supreme Court for?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Acidosis(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2022
Wike should just forget about presidency as far as Nigeria is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by hotseat: 8:52am On Oct 08, 2022
No one should be deceived about the judgment of the Supreme Court being put forward as the reason for derecognizing Sir Celestine Omehia as governor of Rivers State.

It is a red herring intended to justify his politics of convenience and witch-hunting.

He now hides under the State House of Assembly who are his yes-men to get at Omehia.

When the same House of Assembly bypassed the judgment of the SC by recognizing Omehia as governor in 2015, why didn't he being a "lawyer", draw the attention of the Assembly to this anomaly?

What actually made Hitler Wike, the wicked one to derecognize Omehia was the fact he (Omehia) teamed up with the "enemy" Atiku.

Omehia, by this "effrontery" had to be taught a most bitter lesson of his life to prove to him that you don't mess with the Emperor and hope to get away with it.

Now Omehia knows who the boss is!

Na wa for Wire Road o!

Chai!
Re: Wike Removes Celestine Omehia's Picture From Government House (Video) by Reference(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2022
Said enough about this fellow.
Just sad where he has ended up.
They claim to be democrats but cannot understand what that means.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari / Photos From Dino Melaye Mother's Burial / Drone Pictures Of Senator Dino Melaye's Awareness Campaign In Kaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.