Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark (515 Views)

Iran Now Has Enough Uranium For Nuclear Weapon, U.N. Watchdog Reportedly Says / Macron Warns Against Inflammatory Words After Biden’s Remark On Putin / Iran Will Never Have A Nuclear Weapon, Trump Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by bn365: 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2022
President Zelenskyy said that NATO countries can deter Russia from using nuclear weapons by carrying out "preventive strike''

“Preventive strikes are necessary, so that they know what they will face if they use nuclear weapon. Not the opposite – to wait for Russia’s nuclear strikes in order to say them, ‘Oh, if you do so, then get this’,” the president said.

Zelensky walked back the comment in an interview with BBC published on Friday night.
“When I said “preventive strikes”, I meant a preventive kick, not an attack, these are different things,” the head of state said

“I just want to tell them, the Russians, that the whole civilized world knows that we are not terrorists, we did not start this war.
As I have said earlier, during two years of my presidency we proposed a dialogue, we sought opportunities to speak with President Putin, just a phone conversation – they rejected it all,” he said.

“That is why I called – that was before February 24, before the invasion – I said that we were raising the issue of preventive kicks, kicks by sanctions. Not a dialogue, not words, but kicks – that is what I meant,” the president said.

Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by JaneGray(f): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
May una rest na.

1 Like

Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by lhordspy: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
Who takes the word of a comedian serious? A clown
Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by PeterObi4LP: 4:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
The fear of Putin.
Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by Olojuobinrin(m): 4:10pm On Oct 08, 2022
No one takes this dude serious anymore, he’s a fool , killing his people when peace can be negotiated!
Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by bn365: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
I don't necessarily think it's out of fear but giving away US/NATO game plan
I think they were going to ramp up fear that Putin might use nuclear weapons, then launch a surprise attack on Russia to bring about a regime change[Iraq/Saddam Hussein script]
They got him to retract his comment because the cat is out of the bag

PeterObi4LP:
The fear of Putin.
Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by epondudu: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2022
bn365:
I don't necessarily think it's out of fear but giving away US/NATO game plan
I think they were going to ramp up fear that Putin might use nuclear weapons, then launch a surprise attack on Russia to bring about a regime change[Iraq/Saddam Hussein script]
They got him to retract his comment because the cat is out of the bag

Russia is too big for that boogy Iraqi game.
There is nothing like attacking Russia.
Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2022
lhordspy:
I do.
Re: Zelensky Retracts His Nuclear Weapon "Pre-emptive Strike" Against Russia Remark by Seefinish: 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
lhordspy:
that comedian is much better than your lifeless president

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Explosion Hits Isangele, Kills Dozens Of Cameroonian Forces / Mccain Calls For U.s.-led Airstrikes In Syria / Another "Anti-internet Freedom" Treaty, Awaits European Parliament Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.