Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,984 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? (6392 Views)

Christianity: A Religion Or Relationship? / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? by sonofElElyon: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. undecided ... Contrary to the load of bullsheet you have been fed by your pastors and mogs, the Will of God refers to God's Law and at the time, the Will of God which Jesus Christ explained that He lived by was the Law of Moses. Praying to God is not in order to know His Will, as many of you religious folks like to believe but instead to ask, to seek, and to knock.... just as Jesus Christ taught you. undecided

2. I am not certain what you do not understand about prayer meaning talking to the Father. I mean what we call the Lord's prayer clearly highlights that fact as it essentially makes the Father the center of attention in that interaction -Matthew 6 vs 6 -15. And yes, we are to pray every to depend solely on Him for our asks, our seeks, and our knocks, hence the praying continuously aspect to the commandments. As far as emulating the likes of Paul and Silas, Jesus Christ instead said that those who belong to Him as those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14. Now, Jesus Christ didn't ask His own followers to do as He did, no, He instead said they love Him when they do that which He commands of them - John 14 vs 15 - 20. So, when you instead go and emulate the likes of Paul and Silas instead of doing that which Jesus Christ commands, do you think that means you love Jesus Christ? undecided

You accuse me of watering down the Word of God, even though what I do instead is continue to insist that you follow the letter as it was given to you, and I wonder if you know that your pagan fasting rituals which involve your starving yourselves of food were not commanded by God and neither are they found written anywhere in scripture. God, Himself told His people, Israel, on more than one occasion that what their pagan fasting rituals are not for Him and that He will not answer them if they do that instead of what He commands. undecided
This is the very same message that God also spoke through Isaiah in Isaiah 58. Clearly, God says He will not answer you when you engage in your pagan(not commanded by God) fasting rituals. And you say I "water down" by expressing this truth to you? undecided

Nice choice of words coming from a born again holy Christian
Re: How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2023
sonofElElyon:
Once again he ignores the plethora of scriptural evidence I quoted. You have made your choice. Shalom
Taking scripture out-of-context giving it a meaning that does not conform with that which is it fact written amounts to flower reasoning. All the passages I indicated are from right there in scripture with God Himself informing you by His own Word that the lies you cling to have nothing to do with Him and that which He has in fact decreed. So why continue to cling to the lies? undecided
Re: How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? by sonofElElyon: 8:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Taking scripture out-of-context giving it a meaning that does not conform with that which is it fact written amounts to flower reasoning. All the passages I indicated are from right there in scripture with God Himself informing you by His own Word that the lies you cling to have nothing to do with Him and that which He has in fact decreed. So why continue to cling to the lies? undecided

Good luck in your private interpretation of the scriptures just like Satan when he tempted Jesus..
Re: How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? by Kobojunkie: 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2023
sonofElElyon:
Nice choice of words coming from a born again holy Christian
The Word of God is God's Truth and Law. We are meant to abide by them nor expect Him to bend His Law for our sake, something God would never do. undecided

God didn't ask anyone to be nice to you in His name. So don't expect me to be. undecided
Re: How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? by Kobojunkie: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
sonofElElyon:
Good luck in your private interpretation of the scriptures just like Satan when he tempted Jesus..
Private? I challenge you to counter any of what I have stated so far by providing scriptural reference to where God Himself said otherwise. undecided
Re: How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? by sonofElElyon: 8:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The Word of God is God's Truth and Law. We are meant to abide by them nor expect Him to bend His Law for our sake, something God would never do. undecided

God didn't ask anyone to be nice to you in His name. So don't expect me to be. undecided

I perceive you live by your own rules and only interpret scripture to suit your personal philosophy.. may the Lord enlighten you and deliver you. Peace and love
Re: How Did You Become A Christian; Upbringing, Conviction Or Relationship? by Kobojunkie: 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
sonofElElyon:
I perceive you live by your own rules and only interpret scripture to suit your personal philosophy.. may the Lord enlighten you and deliver you. Peace and love
Even your very perceptions are wrong! How can a one who lives in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ--- abiding by all almost 100 commandments --- be said to live by his own rules? undecided

How can one who accepts and obeys Jesus Christ require interpretation of any kind to that which Jesus Christ said? undecided

Abandon religion and the men who spew them at you and the lies of religion will leave you. God never gave men religion. Instead He gave His Law, Jesus Christ and He made clear that you cannot serve two masters in the Kingdom of God. You cannot hold on to Religion and Jesus Christ. It is impossible! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Homosexuality / Killings In The Bible Are Not The Same As Killings By Muslims / Why You Should Accept Jesus Christ Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.