Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Please What Should I Do - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please What Should I Do (682 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Good morning everyone. I bought my phone in June last year and since then no issue. On Thursday 6th of october the screen got broken. I took it to a technician and yesterday I collected the phone and checked if all keys are working. The keys worked well. I then inserted my sim and entered my pin. Immediately my phone was locked by palmpay. A phone number was on the screen to contact. We did from another phone we did not understand the recorded voice on the phone. I never borrow money or buy anything from or through palm pay though I have its app. I logged into my palmpay from another phone. No debt or anything that can warrant blocking of my phone. I cantacted their facebook page but no reply except their auto reply. I sent mail but got their auto reply that a ticket has been created. Please what should I do?
Re: Please What Should I Do by Olojuobinrin(m): 9:28am On Oct 09, 2022
Go and meet the engineer and ask him questions, go with a soldier or two just in case !
If you’re in Osun , I will arrange soldiers for you , we’ll go there together to show the engineer shege, he go explain Wetin happen .
In fact , we don’t even need soldiers sef , the bouncers in my lounge are enough to treat his Bleep up ! Two is enough

3 Likes

Re: Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 9:37am On Oct 09, 2022
Olojuobinrin:
Go and meet the engineer and ask him questions, go with a soldier or two just in case !
If you’re in Osun , I will arrange soldiers for you , we’ll go there together to show the engineer shege, he go explain Wetin happen .
In fact , we don’t even need soldiers sef , the bouncers in my lounge are enough to treat his Bleep up ! Two is enough
I have met him and he said he only worked on the screen. He could not log to the phone because he did not have my pin. I told him to do something and dropped the phone with him. He said he will see some engineers on mondy(tnmorrow)
Re: Please What Should I Do by Olojuobinrin(m): 9:39am On Oct 09, 2022
duro4chang:
I have met him and he said he only worked on the screen. He could not log to the phone because he did not have my pin. I told him to do something and dropped the phone with him. He said he will see some engineers on mondy(tnmorrow)

You’re too soft with people, let me help you treat his f up for you !! Two bouncers are enough but if you want more I go control them from barracks dem go do am shege

2 Likes

Re: Please What Should I Do by JJuanMiguel: 10:04am On Oct 09, 2022
duro4chang:
The Engineer has nothing to do with it.
You probably bought the phone as a used phone, the first owner bought it on credit using palmpay and refused to pay them. That's why it was locked remotely.
Take it back to where you bought it from, or contact palmpay and settle the debt
Re: Please What Should I Do by Youngboss54(m): 10:16am On Oct 09, 2022
I can't say if the engineer is complicit, however I've noticed something about transion phones. lately.they've pushed updates to their phones and the update came with an app listed under device admin app(the app being palmpay). For some reasons i believe they(palmpay) can remotely lock your phone or maybe some people are granting administrator privileges without realizing what they are doing. Someone created a thread here not too long ago after he noticed the app too. and people were saying he must have bought his phone from easy buy or he took a loan. i dont know which, but so far every transsion phone I've come across has the app listed under device admin, the icon resembles a p.
Would try uploading a picture of the icon later

1 Like

Re: Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 10:17am On Oct 09, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

You probably bought the phone as a used phone, the first owner bought it on credit using palmpay and refused to pay them. That's why it was locked remotely.
Take it back to where you bought it from, or contact palmpay and settle the debt
I bought it new with receipt in June last year in a shop that I can still locate. The phone is itel p37 . The phone was released newly that month.
Re: Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Youngboss54:
I can't say if the engineer is complicit, however I've noticed something about transion phones. lately.they've pushed updates to their phones and the update came with an app listed under device admin app(the app being palmpay). For some reasons i believe they(palmpay) can remotely lock your phone or maybe some people are granting administrator privileges without realizing what they are doing. Someone created a thread here not too long ago after he noticed the app too. and people were saying he must have bought his phone from easy buy or he took a loan. i dont know which, but so far every transsion phone I've come across has the app listed under device admin, the icon resembles a p.
Would try uploading a picture of the icon later
Please what should I do?
Re: Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2022
JJuanMiguel:

No I bought the phone new. I still know where the phone was bought and by tomorrow I will be there. The receipt is intact. Not just a small shop but a shop where retailers come to buy. It was even last year when the phone was newly released.
Re: Please What Should I Do by Youngboss54(m): 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2022
duro4chang:
Please what should I do?
Wish i could be of help,but so far i don't know of anyone who has successfully fixed the said problem
Re: Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
I have been able to contact palmpay on Facebook but as it stands now I still get any solution. They asked for the phone number I used to register for palmpay. I sent it. They checked and did not find anything to warrant the blockage of the phone. They I should screenshot the phone. I did. They said I should send the code on the phone I sent it. The finally said I should connect my phone to a strong 4g hotspot and switch off and after some time l should switch on again to remove the restriction. I did everything yet nothing changed. I had chat with about three agents in which I did all I have said above but nothing happened.
Please what can I do?
Re: Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
Finally, after pressing every pressable things on the phone,it is now working. Th problem now is that it is slow and switching on and off occasionally. To reset is not possible it will say contact the it admin.
Re: Please What Should I Do by Abcruz(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2022
duro4chang:
Finally, after pressing every pressable things on the phone,it is now working. Th problem now is that it is slow and switching on and off occasionally. To reset is not possible it will say contact the it admin.

Have you deleted the palmpay app?
Re: Please What Should I Do by duro4chang(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
Abcruz:

Have you deleted the palmpay app?
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Hi Guys, Lets Talk About Sony Ericsson P1i. I Own One And Haven't Comprehended All It's Funtionaliti / "strictly 4d Gurus In Da House" / What Is Happening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.