Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Japanese Horror Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Japanese Horror Stories (574 Views)

Horror Stories / Ikenna Igwe Shares Horror Experiences In A Face-me-i-face-you Building / THE SWAM (japanese Horror Story) By Dave90 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japanese Horror Stories by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2022
Sukima-onna

A man discovered a rather cheap apartment in the heart of Tokyo. Compared to nearby units, this one was three times cheaper, and when the man asked the real estate to show him around inside, he found no problems with it.

“How lucky! What a bargain!”
“We don’t often get places like this,” the real estate said. “The landlord asked us to rent it at this price, but there are people who would pay much more for it.”
The man decided to move in.

The first day he moved in he found it extremely comfortable. There was a convenience store just outside, and he was just a four-minute walk from the closest station. After he was done unpacking and putting away his stuff, he was overcome with exhaustion. He lay down on the sofa and fell asleep.

When he woke up, it was past 3 a.m.
“Crap. I’ll catch a cold sleeping here,” he said.
He lay his futon out, but something felt off. He was alone in the room, but he could sense someone else in there with him. Or to put it more correctly, he could feel someone looking at him.

No. It was just his imagination. He brushed it off and went back to sleep. But the next day, and the day after that, he continued to feel someone’s gaze upon him.
Someone was watching him.
He checked every nook and cranny of the room, but he couldn’t find anyone else in there.

Then one day, after returning home from work, he found a book from the shelf on the sofa. It was a book he’d bought 10 years earlier; he had no reason to be reading it now.
Anxiety rose within him.

He set up four cameras in the room, so he could see every single corner of it. The cameras ran all day long. He left for work.
When he got home, he checked the video feed. Nobody was there. He lived alone, so of course no-one else was there, but he carefully checked over all the footage.

Maybe it really was his imagination? Was he just tired? Come to think of it, his entire living environment had changed, so maybe his exhaustion had been building up without him noticing.

He watched the footage absentmindedly, but then he noticed something unbelievable change on the screen before him. The closet door slowly began to open. It was so slow that it appeared to be happening in slow motion. He didn’t understand it.

Then, slowly, an unknown woman with blank eyes stepped out and looked around the room.
That very closet was right behind him. He didn’t have the strength to turn around and look at it. He broke out into a cold sweat. His entire body stiffened. A silence fell over the room. He prepared himself to run.
Then. From behind…
“You noticed me, huh?”
He heard an unknown woman’s voice.

2 Likes

Re: Japanese Horror Stories by ambience(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Following
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
ambience:
Following

This story, although fictional; is based on real life events.

For example
This particular story might bring up images of the real news story that broke in 2008 of a 58-year-old woman who was found living in a man’s closet in Fukuoka for close to a year.

The man installed security cameras after he noticed food going missing, and she was discovered emerging from the closet after he left to eat and use his shower.

She slipped into the house when the man left the door unlocked one day, and police believed that she had squatted in other people’s houses as well.

Police found her still huddled in the top of the closet when they came to search the house and arrested her for trespassing.
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by kunlesehan(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Following
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2022
Mary-san

A family was getting ready to move houses when the young daughter’s beloved doll, Mary, was accidentally thrown away. The girl was extremely sad and wept to her parents.
“It’s okay, we’ll buy you a new doll,” they said, and the girl unwillingly accepted.

As she got used to her life in a new place, the girl eventually forgot about Mary-san. Then one night she got a call at home. Her parents hadn’t returned yet, so she answered.
“Hello?”
“…”
“Hello? Who is this?”
“It’s Mary-san. I’m in the rubbish.”
“Huh?!”
The phone hung up.
Mary? That was the name of the doll she lost.
She put it down to a prank call, but it still bothered her.

Then the phone rang again. Although she thought it might be the same prank caller, it might also have been her parents, so she picked up the phone.
“Hello, Mum?”
“It’s Mary-san. I’m at OO Station now.”
The phone hung up again. That station, it was near her house. For a prank call, something sure was strange, the girl began to think.

Then the phone rang again.
‘It’s gotta be Mary-san again,’ the girl thought, but she convinced herself it might be her mother and picked up the receiver.
“Hello, Mum? Is that you? Come home, quick!”
“This is Mary-san. I’m in front of OO.”
The phone hung up.

OO was the shop near the girl’s house. It was then the girl realised that the perpetrator of the prank calls was gradually getting closer. An indescribable fear began to gnaw away at her heart.
‘I’m in danger,’ she thought. She picked up the phone to call her mother’s cell, but at the same time the phone rang, causing her to answer it accidentally.
“…Yes?”
“This is Mary-san. I’m in front of your house now, OO-chan.”
The phone hung up.

The girl trembled with fear. Not only did the person on the other end of the line know her name, they were standing in front of her house. She pulled the phone line out of the wall and peered outside.
There was nobody there. There was just a dim light cast over the road from the streetlights.

Unable to stand it any longer, the girl checked the front door was locked, then went to run upstairs to lock herself in her room.
But then the phone rang. The same phone she’d pulled out of the wall.
There was no way it could ring. No idea what was going on, and her fear and anger laid bare, the girl picked up the phone.
“Who is this?! Stop it right now!”

“This is Mary-san. I’m behind you right now.”
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by ambience(m): 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ayo13945:

This story, although fictional; is based on real life events.

For example
This particular story might bring up images of the real news story that broke in 2008 of a 58-year-old woman who was found living in a man’s closet in Fukuoka for close to a year.

The man installed security cameras after he noticed food going missing, and she was discovered emerging from the closet after he left to eat and use his shower.

She slipped into the house when the man left the door unlocked one day, and police believed that she had squatted in other people’s houses as well.

Police found her still huddled in the top of the closet when they came to search the house and arrested her for trespassing.

yeah i've read that story b4

1 Like

Re: Japanese Horror Stories by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 09, 2022
Watching Woman

A student went to visit a shrine late one night to test his courage. The shrine was said to be haunted, but the boy wasn’t afraid of anything and didn’t believe in ghosts to begin with. He was a proud boy, so he went by himself.

He wandered around the empty shrine grounds, but nothing happened. There were no ghosts, no shadows; nothing.
“Of course there’s nothing here…” he muttered, when suddenly he heard a noise coming from the trees behind the shrine. The noise drew his attention, and as his heart beat wildly in his chest, he pushed his way through the branches. Then he saw it. A woman in white clothing was hammering a straw doll to a tree.
Bang! Bang!
The straw doll was stuck to the tree with long nails.
“Ah!” The boy let out a scream before he could stop himself. The girl stopped hammering and turned to look at him, the expression on her face ghastly.

The boy took off running, the girl hot on his heels. He ran as fast as he could, but the girl seemed more familiar with the area than he was, and she soon closed the distance.
“Hihihihihihi!” the woman screamed behind him.
‘She’s gonna get me!’ the boy thought, and then he saw some public toilets not too far ahead. He ran inside, hid himself in the end stall and locked the door. Holding his breath, he listened as stillness fell over the area. He could hear the girl’s footsteps outside, but then they disappeared.
“I’m safe…”

But he couldn’t be too sure of that. The girl might still have been outside. Filled with relief that he could no longer hear the girl’s footsteps, the boy fell asleep inside the stall.

When the boy woke up, he looked at his watch and saw it said 4 a.m.
“It should be okay now.”
He stood up and got ready to leave, but something on the ceiling caught his eye. He looked up and saw the girl in white clothes looking down at him, grinning.

She had been there the whole night.
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
The reason why i like Japanese horror stories is that, in most cases the stories don't have a clear ending.

It is YOU, the reader who gets to decide how the story ends.

Now what happens to the Man who has a Strange woman living with him?

What happens to the girl who is being haunted by a demon possesed doll?

What happens to the young boy that has a possible ghost staring at him from the ceiling?
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by ambience(m): 12:46pm On Oct 09, 2022
The man gets married to the woman and they live happily ever after the girl gets united with her lost doll the girl kills the boy in the toilet

1 Like

Re: Japanese Horror Stories by zorse: 9:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
Mehn these stories are chilling...

I say and I repeat: do not read the first story at night. My eyes nearly popped out with uncertainty grin

Well delivered Ayo13945! Ride on!
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by Manna4Gurls: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2022
ambience:
yeah i've read that story b4

Name pls.... It seem so interesting so I need to read it with the heat in me now
Re: Japanese Horror Stories by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 19, 2023
The Girl with the Red Scarf

A young girl with a red scarf transferred to a new elementary school. One day, a boy in her class asked her, “Why are you always wearing that scarf?”
“When you start junior high, I’ll tell you then,” she answered.

Both the boy and the girl went to the same junior high school. One day the boy asked her, “We’re in junior high now, so tell me, why do you always wear that scarf?”
“If you go to the same high school as me, I’ll tell you then,” the girl replied.

The pair ended up going to the same high school together.
“Tell me, why are you always wearing that red scarf?” the boy asked her again.

“If you go to the same university as me, I’ll tell you then,” the girl replied with a shy laugh.
The pair entered the same university.
They started dating, and eventually got married.

Shortly after they got married, the boy asked her, “By the way, why are you always wearing that scarf?”
“Do you really want to know?” the girl asked, her eyes downcast.
“We’re married, aren’t we? Surely you can tell me now.”
“Okay, fine. I’ll tell you…”
The girl finally took off the scarf she always wore.
“If you hadn’t asked, we could have been together forever…”

Bang!

The girl’s head fell to the floor. The scarf had been the only thing keeping her head on…

Moral of the Story:
Some Things are Better Left Unknown

(1) (Reply)

Koinonia prayer request / The Song / Uk Producer Endorses Nollywoodscripts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.