Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,071 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi (1367 Views)

Buhari: N5000 Payment To Unemployed Youth Is Not My Priority / FG Telling Lies, Dokpesi Got Money For Media Project, Not Arms – Family / Interim Govt: APC Has Evidence Against Jonathan, Says Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by PointB: 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2011
Ekiti airport project not my priority, says Fayemi

From Muyiwa Adeyemi, Ado-Ekiti

AFTER a series of meeting with some federal ministries and agencies in Abuja, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State has said he will continue his push for the completion of federal projects in the state.

The governor also said the construction of an airport in the state was not the priority of his administration for now, but the recovery of N2 billion state allocations trapped in the Education Trust Fund (ETF) and the construction of the 348 kilometres federal roads in the state.

Fayemi announced some structural changes in the state educational sector, which he said would restore the lost glory of Ekiti schools from the secondary to the university levels.

At a press conference on Sunday in Ado-Ekiti, Fayemi, who just returned from a working visit to Abuja, said his priority now is ensuring the immediate take-off of the contentious federal university in the state, assuring that all the impediments to its start of academic activities would be resolved with President Goodluck Jonathan.

The governor said his administration would ensure that all the federal projects in the state are completed and jobs earmarked for Ekiti indigenes in line with the Federal Character policy were occupied by them.

Fayemi said this was the crux of his discussions with the 14 heads of federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) during his visit to Abuja.

According to him, "the construction of airport is not the priority of Ekiti for now but that does not mean we are not going to have one in the state in no distant time."

The governor said he met with the Minister of Works, Mike Onolememen and that he had given the assurance that the 348-kilometre roads in Ekiti would be rehabilitated soon, adding that the money expended by the state government for the dualisation of Ado-Ifaki roads would be refunded.

Revealing that the state government plans to erect toll-gates on the federal roads to collect tolls from the heavy duty truck to rehabilitate the roads, Fayemi said Onolememen advised that the programme be deferred for Federal Government to study the modality the project would take.

Fayemi hinted that he had presented an investment plan on cash crops such as cocoa, cassava, rice and oil plantation, where the state has comparative advantages to the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, for large-scale agricultural farming in Ekiti.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/16/9.html
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by PointB: 10:23pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^
This Fayemi guy, looks like he knows what he is about. I'll keep an eye on him.
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by mensdept: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2011
Sounds more reasonable than his counterparts
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by PointB: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2011
^^^
Yea, he should add Osun state to his responsibility. I think Osun state will benefit from his visionary outlook. Alas, they are stuck with Aregbesola, at least for four years.
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by DisGuy: 2:28am On Aug 17, 2011
Revealing that the state government plans to erect toll-gates on the federal roads to collect tolls from the heavy duty truck to rehabilitate the roads, Fayemi said Onolememen advised that the programme be deferred for Federal Government to study the modality the project would take.

Fayemi is obviously smart, just hoping four years is enough to affect the lives of those at the bottom

Instead of tolling FG roads and engaging in long drawn court cases, he should expand an alternative route, then toll it, collecting money from heavy duty trucks and cars not registered/domiciled in the state!! the Federal roads will be in a state of disrepair 80% of the time and travellers will rather go through the more comfortable, safer route
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by Nobody: 5:34am On Aug 17, 2011
Wasnt GEJ the one that promised each state an airport? Foolish thing with no priority.
Fayemi, do your thing jare. We know it'll take a while to rescue us out of the hole our former corrupt politicians threw us in. No matter what, I'm behind you 95% kiss
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by dayokanu(m): 6:00am On Aug 17, 2011
This kind of correct thinking can only be from the ACN unlike those thieving PDP
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by PointB: 6:49am On Aug 17, 2011
^^^^

Is the fluffing Aregbesola not of ACN? How about the ex-cultist Amosun, what has he done?
Keep ascribing individual brilliancy to non existent ACN ideology.

And the much malign PDP still has 5 star performers like Amechi, and Chime to mention a few.

So keep boot-licking ACN rather that give kudos to the performing individuals.
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by dayokanu(m): 6:52am On Aug 17, 2011
Explain in clear terms how Aregbesola has been fluffing

Amosun being a cultist? How is that any of our business? Its common knowledge that most American Presidents were Freemasons

http://mastermason.com/wilmettepark/pres.html
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by PointB: 7:03am On Aug 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Explain in clear terms how Aregbesola has been fluffing

Amosun being a cultist? How is that any of our business? Its common knowledge that most American Presidents were Freemasons

http://mastermason.com/wilmettepark/pres.html

Aregbesola is the most cluesless in Nigeria. He has no vision, no plans, no objective. Or how do you explain a situation where a man who after spending years fighting to reclaim a stolen mandate, would not hit the ground running? Rather it took him another 9 months to appoint commissioners, and no visible development in his state. I predict he would be the first ACN governor to lose his seat to the opposition.

Freemason, is not a secret cult; at least not in the sense of Amosun's.
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by chino11(m): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2011
This is same focuseless yooroba leaders
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by Gbawe: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2011
chino11:

This is same focuseless yooroba leaders

Please show us the "focus" of others then .

Show us the stand out and class leading achievements of :

Peter Obi
Theodore Orji
Martin Elechi
Timipre Sylva
Emmanuel Uduaghan
Liyel Imoke (apart from assisting OBJ to 419 Nigeria with the NIPP scam) .

Most of you just talk out of sheer bigotry and ethnic hatred. The ACN Governors , by any index of comparison, can never be described as embodiment of lack of focus in comparison to others. When the ACN had only two Governors out of 36 (Fashola and Oshiomhole) those two still managed to distinguish themselves by alway being listed amongst the category of best Governors in Nigeria. You are all just afraid that , with more performers in their ranks , the ACN will begin to show up the rest of Nigerian Governors from your corner (Bar Amaechi, Chime and hopefully Okorocha) as mediocre.
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by Gbawe: 11:04am On Aug 17, 2011
PointB:

Aregbesola is the most cluesless in Nigeria. He has no vision, no plans, no objective. Or how do you explain a situation where a man who after spending years fighting to reclaim a stolen mandate, would not hit the ground running? Rather it took him another 9 months to appoint commissioners, and no visible development in his state. I predict he would be the first ACN governor to lose his seat to the opposition.

Freemason, is not a secret cult; at least not in the sense of Amosun's.

The problem with Nairaland these days , making it an increasingly pathetic discussion site in comparison to others, is that too many arguments are propagated out of sentiments and ethnic bias. Arguments no longer emanate from facts based on events on the ground we can all see !!! How on Earth , if you are not motivated by Unclad bigotry, can you label Aregbesola as more clueless than Theodore Orji who is regularly voted "the worst Governor in Nigeria"? What kind of bias are you working with for god sake ?

In real terms, and dealing with tangible achievements, how does Aregbesola , a Governor for 9 months, come across to any sane and objective person as "clueless" in comparison to Obi, Sylva, Imoke, Elechi, Uduaghan, Orji et al ? What is wrong with some of you? uduaghan has just employed a suspected murderer to an influential position. Aregbesola has gained commendation for his appointments yet , in your warped opinion, he is "the most clueless Governor in Nigeria"? Na wa OOO . No wonder Nigeria has gone to the dogs . When so much functional illiteracy abound what hope for the future? Apart from Chime and Amaechi ( and hopefully Okorocha soon) there is no stand out Governor in the SS ans SE . In fact , many of them are basket case looters and , in the case of Orji, Uduaghan and Sylva,  imbecilic reprobates !!! You guys should therefore tone down your silly attempt to malign Aregbesola and other SW Governors of poor leadership. Your insincerity and ulterior motives is too easy to discern given what is on the ground in Nigeria.
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by Ufeolorun(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2011
Gbawe:

The problem with Nairaland these days , making it an increasingly pathetic discussion site in comparison to others, is that too many arguments are propagated out of sentiments and ethnic bias. Arguments no longer emanate from facts based on events on the ground we can all see !!! How on Earth , if you are not motivated by Unclad bigotry, can you label Aregbesola as more clueless than Theodore Orji who is regularly voted "the worst Governor in Nigeria"? What kind of bias are you working with for god sake ?

In real terms, and dealing with tangible achievements, how does Aregbesola , a Governor for 9 months, come across to any sane and objective person as "clueless" in comparison to Obi, Sylva, Imoke, Elechi, Uduaghan, Orji et al ? What is wrong with some of you? uduaghan has just employed a suspected murderer to an influential position. Aregbesola has gained commendation for his appointments yet , in your warped opinion, he is "the most clueless Governor in Nigeria"? Na wa OOO . No wonder Nigeria has gone to the dogs . When so much functional illiteracy abound what hope for the future? Apart from Chime and Amaechi ( and hopefully Okorocha soon) there is no stand out Governor in the SS ans SE . In fact , many of them are basket case looters and , in the case of Orji, Uduaghan and Sylva,  imbecilic reprobates !!! You guys should therefore tone down your silly attempt to malign Aregbesola and other SW Governors of poor leadership. Your insincerity and ulterior motives is too easy to discern given what is on the ground in Nigeria.
ACN governors will continue to draw attention cos they are probably the most media-exposed governors in Nigeria  hence the searchlight which to me is good.
You need  to ignore irresponsible  and malicious criticisms
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by Gbawe: 11:32am On Aug 17, 2011
Ufeolorun:

ACN governors will continue to draw attention cos they are probably the most media-exposed governors in Nigeria  hence the searchlight which to me is good.
You need  to ignore irresponsible  and malicious criticisms

I do most times but it is sometimes necessary to highlight the hypocrisy of those who fail to see the huge misrule in their corner of Nigeria in preference for mischievously nitpicking about what colour boxer shorts Aregbesola wore yesterday. If some folks stop at criticizing SW Governors then I am happy to ignore them . When you make false statements like "Aregbesola is the most clueless" then that has to be debunked and exposed as the heights of foolishness and mischief .
Re: Ekiti Airport Project Not My Priority, Says Fayemi by chino11(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2011
The Poorest and most backward state talking about airport .lmao grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Gej Is Yet To Sign 16 Laws Passed By House Of Assembly Into Law / Kidnappers Grab Son Of Delta SSG- Delta State Has Been Taken Over By Dogs / The Igbo People Of Nigeria-jews Of Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.