Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,917 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion (12940 Views)

Housing Allowance Scandal: Why We Can’t Go After PDP Officials — EFCC / PDP Refutes Bribery Allegations Over Returned Housing Allowance / Reasons APC NEC May Sack Oshiomhole, NWC Members On Thursday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by ogododo: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
Facts have emerged about events leading up to the approval and disbursements of various sums of money to members of the National Working Committee as well as Secretariat Staff of the Peoples Democratic Party, as Housing allowance.

A document sighted by Vanguard yesterday revealed that a total of N1.3bn was approved by the party leadership for disbursement.

The decision was a sequel to a memo presented by the party’s National Secretary, Sen. Samuel Anyanwu at an NWC meeting attended by 13 NWC members while 6 members sent in apologies.

The Deputy National Chairman (North), Amb. Illiya Damagun, presided over the meeting because the National Chairman, Sen. Iyorchia Ayu, was abroad.

The document read in part “Housing Allowance for NWC/ Staff: The National Secretary presented a memo requesting NWC to approve the payment of Housing allowance to members of the NWC and the Staff.”

In the comments section, the document read: “The National Vice Chairman NW, suggested that the memo be amended by separating Deputy National Officers from NWC and also said the housing allowance should be approved considering how much it would help members and staff.

“The National Treasurer commended the National Secretary for ensuring that staff were also beneficiaries of the housing allowance.

“The National Auditor suggested that the two year salary set aside should be invested.”

Subsequently, “The NWC approved a total sum of N1 billion, three hundred and seventy-eight million two hundred and eleven thousand, five hundred and eight Naira (N1, 378, 211,506) Only for the payment of Housing Allowance to NWC, Deputy National Officers and Staff.”

Those who sent in apologies were: National Vice Chairman (South East), Chief Ali Odefa, his South South counterpart, Chief Dan Orbi as well as their counterparts from the South West, and North Central,  Hon. Olasoji Adagunde and Theophilus Dakas Shan respectively.

Others were: National Woman Leader, Prof. Stella Efface-Attoe and Deputy National Secretary, Setonji Koshoedo.

Recall that four senior members of the NWC namely: Taofeek Arapaja, Deputy National Chairman (South), Chief Dan Orbi National Vice Chairman (South-South), Woman Leader, Prof.  Stella   Efface- Attoe, returned sums ranging from N28.8m to N34m which was paid into their accounts after describing the payments as suspicious.

They each wrote letters addressed to the National Chairman expressing displeasure with a media publication which suggested that the money was paid as a bribe to secure their support in order to cover up an alleged financial impropriety.

However, in the attendance register sighted by Vanguard, Arapaja’s name appeared as number two after that of Damagun who presided over the meeting.

Those who sent in apologies were: National Vice Chairman (South East), Chief Ali Odefa, his South South counterpart, Chief Dan Orbi as well as their counterparts from the South West, and North Central,  Hon. Olasoji Adagunde and Theophilus Dakas Shan respectively.

Others were: National Woman Leader, Prof. Stella Efface-Attoe and Deputy National Secretary, Setonji Koshoedo.

Recall that four senior members of the NWC namely: Taofeek Arapaja, Deputy National Chairman (South), Chief Dan Orbi National Vice Chairman (South-South), Woman Leader, Prof.  Stella   Efface- Attoe, returned sums ranging from N28.8m to N34m which was paid into their accounts after describing the payments as suspicious.

They each wrote letters addressed to the National Chairman expressing displeasure with a media publication which suggested that the money was paid as a bribe to secure their support in order to cover up an alleged financial impropriety.

However, in the attendance register sighted by Vanguard, Arapaja’s name appeared as number two after that of Damagun who presided over the meeting.

The controversy generated by the refund led to calls by some party leaders for the national chairman to step aside. Others felt it was an orchestrated plot to destabilise the party by making “a mountain out of a molehill.”

There has been tension between party leaders sympathetic to the Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike and those loyal to the party’s Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar who has remained a pillar of support for Ayu.

While Wike and most of his supporters have withdrawn their support for the Presidential

Campaign insisting Ayu should step aside first, the party’s campaign is expected to be officially flagged off in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital on Monday.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/pdp-housing-allowance-blow-by-blow-account-of-how-nwc-members-staff-got-n1-3bn/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by muykem: 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2022
PDP!!! Share the money.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by frank14011991(m): 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2022
PDP SHARE THE MONEY

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Isokiscool(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
I knew all d allegations were just baseless and orchestrated by Wike d mad dog.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Isokiscool(m): 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
frank14011991:
PDP SHARE THE MONEY
So they should not be paid allowance abi?

5 Likes

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by FreeStuffsNG: 6:15pm On Oct 09, 2022
muykem:
PDP!!! Share the money.
I concur.
check my signature for free stuffs!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by frank14011991(m): 6:18pm On Oct 09, 2022
Isokiscool:
millions of naira as an opposition party for housing allowance? What if they become ruling party? Why did some members return it

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by adekolaelect(m): 6:22pm On Oct 09, 2022
Isokiscool:
Agent of looters sighted..... Na so they shared Dasuki loot then . Continue.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by ogododo: 6:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
muykem:
PDP!!! Share the money.

Una no sabi read?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Ruggedniggaone: 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2022
Wike and his useless camp should just leave the party instead of blackmailing the leadership off the party just to give it bad name Arapaja is a useless human being I swear

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by kingsways: 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2022
This clearly shows PDP are still thieves and cannot be trusted with government

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Tuscane: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
Few days ago, they shared billions amongst themselves. Today na housing allowee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Hushbingo: 8:45pm On Oct 09, 2022
Nigeria Girls Are Useless

2 Likes

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by ipobarethieves: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
sad The Cameroonian already told us that his mission is to nake his FRIENDS RICH and the POOR POORER.

PDPeeee sad POVERTY IS GOOD PARTY

2 Likes

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by deitade: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2022
Useless party

1 Like

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by play5050: 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2022
Despite opposition PDP still get enough for aza
But who is bankrolling them?

PDP really save enough during Jonathan last tenure in office

Well, make una bring the money come on election day

Na who get money we the vote for.

Votes card for borrowing, me and my guys we are 11 in our club, each voters card is 20k

I fit arrange my mumsy and popsy own join even my two siblings own
Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by favour32(m): 8:52pm On Oct 09, 2022
So,PDP never enter dem don dey share the millions while minimum wage na only N30K.
If PDP enter again....nai be say APC and PDP na to finish the country kpatakpata
Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Isokiscool(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2022
There is No party that doesn't pay allowance to it's NWC members.....APC's own is even higher but Wike and his mad dogs are trying to twist facts for d amusement of d gullible....Money that was deliberated upon and approved officially by d same NWC.....Mumu too full this thread walahi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Upworkwriter007(f): 9:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
While i hate APC, i'm scared of PDPs bold corruption moves. It worries me. APC sef get their own.
Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Buksaylor: 9:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Akwamkpuruamu: 9:12pm On Oct 09, 2022
PDP na APC are opposite sides of same coin
Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by jaxxy(m): 9:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
Isokiscool:

How can allowance be paid to u and u don't know it is allowance?? in politics money entering ur account can mean anything.
Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by ogascomax: 9:19pm On Oct 09, 2022
To me this argument about how PDP decide to pay allowances to their members whether huge allowance or not is just a useless and baseless argument.
How can you criticize people on how they use their own money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Cajal(m): 9:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Isokiscool:
In billions?
This generation

1 Like

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Seankhalifa: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
After dis election... it is over for PDP.. tinibu single handedly cripple PDP... dat y OBJ hate tinibu... grin.. when dem announce tinibu as d president.... atiku to get heart attack... tinibu fit dy sponsore obi... I no trust dat nigga.... d fear of tinibu is d beginning of wisdom... una don hear am for here first grin... my aza still available.. I want buy my printing machine cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Housing Allowance: How NWC Members Staff Got ₦1.3 Billion by Menclothing: 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2022
This pdp can not change

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Top 10 Funniest Nigerian Political Cartoons Of 2010 / IGP Mohamed Abubakar To Remarry / Usman Sandamu Is Dead! Nigerian Railway Corporation Chairman Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.