Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,493 members, 7,830,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

NFL Talk Here - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL Talk Here (901 Views)

NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Yabatech Pt For Nd/hnd Let Talk Here / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFL Talk Here by kojeiwa(m): 9:32pm On Aug 20, 2007
Is Michael Vicks career really over because he pleaded guilty to Dog fighting? I don't think he should be suspended for an

entire season just because he got engaged in dog fighting. They are taking this too seriously. What do you think?

Who is your pick for this NFL season?
Re: NFL Talk Here by MP007(m): 8:43am On Aug 21, 2007
kojeiwa:

Is Michael Vicks career really over because he pleaded guilty to Dog fighting? I don't think he should be suspended for an

entire season just because he got engaged in dog fighting. They are taking this too seriously. What do you think?

Who is your pick for this NFL season?
thank u very much ma guy, all these dog lovers are just stupid, WDF?, , dont see anything wrong in dog fighting, dam right i said it , nothing wrong with it, fuk u if u hate
Re: NFL Talk Here by doyin13(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2007
Regardless of what you think of dog fighting, fact is the powers that be have frowned upon it.

To think that for such pointless kicks, the Falcons are chasing him for his 28 million dollar bonus.

I know its a bit hypocritical of the authorities in their goody goody ways, but its the way of the current Nfl,
and millions of dollars dictates that you behave yourself.

As per the NFL, my hunch is on Tampa in the NFC. I think acquiring Jerry Garcia is a problem solver.
Ever since Brad Johnson and the Super Bowl years, the team has really strggled at quaterback. He is quite the
veteran now, but I expect him to run that offense pretty good. He brings a great threat cause he can do ti with both his arms and legs
as he has shown countless times that he is willing to move out of the pocket. So watch out for playaction to feature prominently
in the Bucs playbook.

In the AFC, I will go for the Titans. They ended the season last year as the hottest team in football. Vince Young is the new Mcanair.
And they have resolved their salary cap issues, so they have added some talent, and they have had to draft judiciously in recent years.
I expect their young guns to mature markedly this season especially on defence, where they were atrocious last season.

I also want to mention the Ravens, who I think might also cause a stir. They still have that lock down defence of Lewis and Reed, which is
always a safe default option. But with Mcnair now a year with Billick's playbook, I expect their offence to run more smoothly.
Their receiving corps. is also impressive with Clayton, Mason and heap at Tight end.

Anyway its the NFL.

It always manages to bring up surprises. I hope the new black young coach at the Steelers does well.

By the way I am an Eagles fan grin
Re: NFL Talk Here by doyin13(m): 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2007
The Colts put an ass whooping on the Saints on Thursday

I wonder how much we should take from this win

But their defence looked solid, to many's suprise considering they had
lost four players in that unit

Disappointed with the saints though. Bush and the Deuce
were not able to make any inroads and Brees who I consider
a solid quaterback was outplayed by Manning

On the coaching front Sean Payton and his crew
were outcoached in the Second half when the Colts made adjustments.
An indictment of Payton's vaunted talents I think
Re: NFL Talk Here by BlackMamba(m): 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2007
Can't wait to have my Sundays back. Thank God for the NFL. With my DIRECTV NFL package and a couple of live JETS games, I'm ready and pumping!!!

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!!!
Re: NFL Talk Here by doyin13(m): 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2007
Jets have serious issues man

Chad Pennington's health for one

and they have not yet replaced Curtis Martin the workhorse.
Re: NFL Talk Here by doyin13(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2007
It was a packed weekend of Nfl action with some interesting results

My dear Eagles managed to lose a game they should have won
with some dire Special teams plays

The Ravens also threw the game away last night though they
absolutely smothered the vaunted Bengals offense especially in the second half
Their first three possessions ended in turnovers, it looks like it is the middle towards the
end for Air Mcnair

But boy can ED REED play football or what.

The Patriots look awesome and the capture of Randy Moss might turn out to be quite
a scoop.

Tony Romo showed in stages that white men can run although
one wonders if he would have done that with Micheal Strahan fully involved on the Giants line

St Louis offense didn't amount to much as did the NewOrleans one

The Chicago defense managed to smother LT but a trick play had him throwing his 7th
career touchdown pass. The Bears need a quaterback for real. If they had one
a Superbowl ring would be a distinct possibility

Well looking forward to Week 2
Re: NFL Talk Here by BlackMamba(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2007
First Rodney Harrison was suspended for HGH. And now we know that Bill Belichick is a "genius" because he steals other team's signs. The Patriots are cheats. That's why I hate them with a passion, along with their fellow losers, the "Red Sucks".
Re: NFL Talk Here by doyin13(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2007
Regardless of what you think about the Patriots

they still put a whooping on the Jets.

And I suspect more defeats will soon follow

Pennington aint got the arm

and Thomas Jones he's alright, but I dont think he can make deep holes.

As per the Red Sox, I would rather them than the bloody Yankees

Hate the Yankees with a passion. Bloody Spendthrifts angry
Re: NFL Talk Here by BlackMamba(m): 1:57am On Sep 12, 2007
doyin:
Regardless of what you think about the Patriots they still put a whooping on the Jets.
Even a pop warner team will put a whooping on an NFL team if they steal signals.

Lamont Jordan is no Curtis Martin

Lamont Jordan has been with the Raiders since 2005

I'm not even going to lay credence to your hatred of the greatest sports franchise known to man. The Bronx Bombers!!!

(1) (Reply)

60 Fav Quotes From Arsene Wenger - Pick Your Own / Wimbledon Quarter - Finals: Jo-winfried - Tsonga Upsets Roger Federer / Liverpool Vs Qrp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.