Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria (1339 Views)

Driver Fleeing From Attack On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Rams Into Truck, Dies / What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by ObamaMessi: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2022
After my extensive research both online and offline, I discovered the main reasons why many Nigerians are fleeing to other countries with somany (Nigerians) poised to swell the ranks of those who have left the country in search of safety, political stability, and quality healthcare and education for themselves and/or their wards. This is like indirect exportation of Nigerian citizens considering the number of people trooping out in search of greener pastures.

Here are the reasons why Nigerians flee to other countries:

- Political Instability

- Insecurity:

- Terrible Economy

- Underdevelopment

- Corrupt Justice System

The API survey show that the U.S, Canada and UK topped the list of preferred destinations for fleeing Nigerians. Others are France, Sweden, South Africa, Ghana, Brazil, Germany and other countries. This countributes to brain drain in Nigeria.

What can we do to stop this? Should we continue fleeing to other countries?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by VictorDivine: 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2022
Nigeria is a condemned country with 90 percent of its citizens corrupt. Nigeria will never be alright most especially if you vote for old and uneducated people like Buhari or pampers-wearing Tinubu. Agbadorians deserves to live in this shithole as it is now.

Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria or else MORE will still japa.

When I get the opportunity I will not hesitate to leave this zoo and the animals here in.

U.S is the best option for any sane person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by HRprof: 1:21pm On Oct 10, 2022
ObamaMessi:
After my extensive research both online and offline, I discovered the main reasons why many Nigerians are fleeing to other countries with somany (Nigerians) poised to swell the ranks of those who have left the country in search of safety, political stability, and quality healthcare and education for themselves and/or their wards. This is like indirect exportation of Nigerian citizens considering the number of people trooping out in search of greener pastures.

Here are the reasons why Nigerians flee to other countries:

- Political Instability

- Insecurity:

- Terrible Economy

- Underdevelopment

- Corrupt Justice System

The API survey show that the U.S, Canada and UK topped the list of preferred destinations for fleeing Nigerians. Others are France, Sweden, South Africa, Ghana, Brazil, Germany and other countries. This countributes to brain drain in Nigeria.

What can we do to stop this? Should we continue fleeing to other countries?

Unfortunately all those fleeing are Tinubu's Voter's card and I'm not sure he will get 100 votes come 2023
Obi-Datti full ground OBEdiently waiting to cast their vote wisely for a better Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Widowscharity: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
Hunger too much please someone help me

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 1:24pm On Oct 10, 2022
Before anyone answer your questions you must have been old. Better japa now that you are still young and capable.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 10, 2022
Ireland is my...oh fúck embarassed.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by budaatum: 1:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
UK currently has a labour shortage, so it's perhaps the best time to Japa there if you have the skills to sell. Just saying.

https://www.fm-magazine.com/news/2022/aug/ul-labour-shortage-inflation-put-focus-employers.html

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by ObamaMessi: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2022
HRprof:

Unfortunately all those fleeing are Tinubu's Voter's card and I'm not sure he will get 100 votes come 2023
Obi-Datti full ground OBEdiently waiting to cast their vote wisely for a better Nigeria.
This one chokegrin All Tinuburians are fleeing because they know the consequence if their druglord winsgrin
One agbadorian heard my song "you cannot fall me down" that I recorded last year and said I will sing for APC chairman candidate.

PO 4 LIFE!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Karen2024(f): 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2022
My faithful bf is in the US on f1 visa. When he finish he will come back, marry me and take me to the USgrin
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by ednut1(m): 1:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
Diaspora remittances to Nigeria is higher than total government revenues. Japa is actually saving Nigeria and reducing unemployment. As people dey flee the unemployed have to be employed and trained.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by budaatum: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2022

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by feelgoodstuffs(m): 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2022
ednut1:
Diaspora remittances to Nigeria is higher than total government revenues. Japa is actually saving Nigeria and reducing unemployment. As people dey flee the unemployed have to be employed and trained.

This makes sense
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2022
Like someone said, "anybody that is able to “japa” to either UK or US wasn’t struggling in Nigeria, let that sink into your head, don’t pressure yourself"

Again, no pressure yourself oo. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by ObamaMessi: 11:51pm On Oct 10, 2022
budaatum:
America too is struggling for workers so worth japaing to too.

https://wolfstreet.com/2022/10/07/most-contorted-job-market-ever-struggling-to-revert-to-normalcy/
Our people take advantage of the job opportunities abroad to japa. budaatum, aside US and UK, any link to any country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 6:17am On Oct 11, 2022
leody:
Ireland is my...oh fúck embarassed.
As for me schengen (nordic) countries are my plug. What exactly attracts to ireland?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by ObamaMessi: 6:27am On Oct 11, 2022
Greattestman:
As for me schengen (nordic) countries are my plug. What exactly attracts to ireland?
Which of the schengen countries? We have Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxemburg, Austria, Sweden, Norway, etc.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 6:36am On Oct 11, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Which of the schengen countries? We have Finland, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Luxemburg, Austria, Sweden, Norway, etc.
Finland or Luxemburg. Any of these two countries is ok.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 11, 2022
Greattestman:
Dem say e dey peaceful nii embarassed
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by ObamaMessi: 7:03am On Oct 11, 2022
Greattestman:
Finland or Luxemburg. Any of these two countries is ok.
Why Finland and Luxembourg over France, Germany and Italy? Those countries are more globally recognized.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2022
leody:

Dem say e dey peaceful nii embarassed
Their natural lifestyle and how gender inequality is low, high paying jobs, job opportunities and peace as you ask. Apart from Finland and Germany, Other Nordic countries are not actively involved in world politics.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 7:18am On Oct 11, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Why Finland and Luxembourg over France, Germany and Italy? Those countries are more globally recognized.
For me, it's not about the global recognition.

Finland's economy is highly industralized and it's simillar to the economy of France and UK. The largest sector of it's economy is services with manufacturing, refining and production rounding up the rest. They enjoy a strong and stable economy with high employment rate.

Luxembourg, the green heart of europe, also enjoys a high degree of economic prosperity that is rare among industrialized countries. They have good economic polices and it's a good place for alien like usgrin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by ObamaMessi: 8:28am On Oct 11, 2022
Greattestman:
For me, it's not about the global recognition.

Finland's economy is highly industralized and it's simillar to the economy of France and UK. The largest sector of it's economy is services with manufacturing, refining and production rounding up the rest. They enjoy a strong and stable economy with high employment rate.

Luxembourg, the green heart of europe, also enjoys a high degree of economic prosperity that is rare among industrialized countries. They have good economic polices and it's a good place for alien like usgrin
I'm attracted to USAgrin
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 11, 2022
Greattestman:
Their natural lifestyle and how gender inequality is low, high paying jobs, job opportunities and peace as you ask. Apart from Finland and Germany, Other Nordic countries are not actively involved in world politics.
So it not a good idea?
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2022
leody:

So it not a good idea?
I mean I prefer Nordic nations because of the reasons stated above.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by surgical: 11:57am On Oct 11, 2022
People dey japa from Nigeria because it always happens during buhari regime, he has ways of sending Nigerians out in droves because of his bad policies and poor management skills plus bad aura ,unfortunately enebili enubuwa is no more around to do another Andrew don't check out adverts to check the migration like he did in 1984
Please those still around vote wisely for the sake of our country not to help anybody who don't care about you s ambition

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by budaatum: 12:20pm On Oct 11, 2022
ObamaMessi:
Our people take advantage of the job opportunities abroad to japa. budaatum, aside US and UK, any link to any country?

I have no links to any country. Japaese must all find their own way and stop behaving like nowhere wants you, because they do want you, desperately, if you have skills to offer.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Originalsly: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2022
Sorry to derail what is being discussed ... but let me divert to what the thread is about. People always migrate... but I think OP is referring to this mass migration over the last few years. I believe the two main reasons are Social Media and Hopelessness.

Social Media. Before SM.... when the world was not at everyone's fingertips ... we mainly heard of how beautiful things are abroad... heard if we were lucky to have friends or family visiting from abroad..... or saw photos .... or if we were fortunate to be watch movies. Our visual exposure was very limited and visuals have a tremendous impact . With SM now available to almost everyone... we are exposed to worldwide visuals... we are now seeing what it's like in Brazil and other countries that we had no clue about.... that we thought couldn't be as "developed " as the Giant of Africa. Now that we have seen that these countries are "better" than us.... we want to go there.... we see sooo many people showing off what they have ... we believe if we go there we can get same stuff because we are hard workers. Social Media exposed us to where we really are compared to so many other countries ... and we want to experience that standard of living... if not for ourselves... for our children and the only way to make that possible .... japa by any means possible!

Hopelessness. There are always the poor and suffering .... strugglers... ones not doing as well as they think they should... the rich ... the wealthy. People will do what they have to to maintain their standard of living and only do so with the hope of improvement... going to the next level. According to the work they put in.... they need to see results ... progress ... moving up. But when they see their standard of living is going down the harder they work .... hope begins to fade... they see no future in the country.... it is better to try somewhere else... it can't be as bad... even if it is.... they have hope that things will be better. But for this country.... there is only one solution.... japa by any means necessary.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 11, 2022
Greattestman:
I mean I prefer Nordic nations because of the reasons stated above.
Nordic countries will give you wahala for language bro . English is widely spoken in Ireland..though my dream country is NETHERLANDS .
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2022
leody:

Nordic countries will give you wahala for language bro . English is widely spoken in Ireland..though my dream country is NETHERLANDS .
Oh Exactly...language barrier. Is english is widely spoken in Netherlands?
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2022
Greattestman:
Oh Exactly...language barrier. Is english is widely spoken in Netherlands?
Dutch but 90% of its citizens speak English.
Re: Reasons Why Nigerians Are Fleeing From Nigeria by Greattestman: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2022
Seun justwise DisGuy please consider this post for front page, it's educative. Besides, we need more enlightened on this thread. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

350k Job In Naija Or Japa To UK With Student Visa / Help Line For New Uk Students Tryin To Settle Dwn. / List Of Universities & Colleges That Do Not Take Tuition Deposit!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.