Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,129 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today (1170 Views)

ASUU Sets To Embark On Nationwide Strike, Holds Meeting With Members / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures / ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by Emeritus1200: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2022
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is set to call off the industrial action today. The union has gone on strike since February 14, which will be eight months old on Friday, this week.

The ASUU went on strike to press home its demands for salary augmentation, revitalization fund and others. The body has become notorious in using industrial action to make its protest known to the government. However, the ASUU has been the union fighting aggressively for the stand of standard education in Nigeria.

The panel of the supreme court, last week, ordered ASUU to resume academic activities on campus before the appellate court could listen to the suit of the body. ASUU, since then, has become silent, assumably looking for any loophole in the verdict of the court of appeal panel. Reports that came out suggested that ASUU would resume, but would not teach the students and later went on another strike within the twinkle of an eye.

The House of Representative speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, had intervened in the tussle between the federal government and ASUU. He had unequivocally stated that the students, the victims of the brouhaha, must go back to schools. He had a meeting with the FG last week, but no one could fathom the outcome of it. However, Mr Gbajabiamila told the members of ASUU and the press yesterday that the president would speak to the public today. Reports actually suggested that both ASUU and FG wanted to bury their respective hatchets.

The remark of the ASUU chairman, Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke, affirmed that all is set for the Nigerian students to resume academic activities soon. He expressed that the union is ready to resume academic activities soon. So, Nigerians should hope earnestly today that the lingering industrial action will be called off today as both ASUU and FG will hold their respective press conference today.

https://www.emeritushub.com/ASUU-sets-to-call-off-strike-today/
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by eyenogoquiet(m): 6:55am On Oct 11, 2022
E good?
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by Emeritus1200: 6:56am On Oct 11, 2022
At Emeritus Hub, we give edu news, make blog posts about science, technology, literature, and grammar. We have an online tutorial for art and science students at an affordable price.

Visit our blog to read more edu-related contents: https://www.emeritushub.com/
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by Emeritus1200: 6:56am On Oct 11, 2022
eyenogoquiet:
E good?
yes
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by derecho(m): 7:00am On Oct 11, 2022
Opportunity for OBIdients to penetrate strongholds..

First law of thermodynamics, also known as the law of conservation of energy, states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but it can be changed from one form to another.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 11, 2022
Thanks
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by justicechichex: 7:11am On Oct 11, 2022
We dey watch.
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by Wilson500: 7:24am On Oct 11, 2022
If not today
Latest tomorrow
Wasted 7 months
Biggest losers- students and their parents
May FG and ASUU never happen to anyone in their next life grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:39am On Oct 11, 2022
U sure?
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by GeneralBuhari: 10:15am On Oct 11, 2022
ASUU really wasted this year and all my plans for me.

That's why I will never be happy with them again.

Useless people.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by EHustleTv: 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Useless people.
No mind the evil union!! Useless lots
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by micool91: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2022
If you're in pH & want to smash your WAEC in 1 sitting...
Call/WhatsApp on 080 297 656 one 4
Re: ASUU Sets To Call Off Strike Today by Emeritus1200: 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2022
GeneralBuhari:

Useless people.
this is true.

(1) (Reply)

Unizik Cut Off Mark For Law 2024/2025 / Essay Competition: Youth Perception Of Human Security In Africa / Duped By Scholars Johnson Adebayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.